Have I bought a Remoska?? (1 Viewer)

Jan 2, 2015
Cumbria
Funster No
MH
Burstner Solano t725
Exp
since 2014
We were in a charity shop this afternoon and my eyes fell on this appliance which, although I have never seen one, I thought, "I wonder if that is a Remoska?"

Had a quick look online and it seemed that it may be. It had a PAT test sticker on it so I thought at a price tag of £8 I'd take a chance.
Have I bought a Remorska??

Inside the pan there is a trivet and this is resting on a circle of loose plastic type material which I think may be to stop it scratching the Teflon or is it some super ceramic cooking aid?

IMG_20170302_154837.jpg
IMG_20170302_154859.jpg
IMG_20170302_154917.jpg

Jan 2, 2017
Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Autocruise Starspirit
Exp
7 years
We use ours with an extension lead and when all the husbands are out with the BBQ, I'm out with my cooking wine, loads of veg and diced chicken together with herbs and spices and.........the Remoska. One tip, when cooking potato, cut it thinly along with other hard veggies. Then sit back, resist the temptation to open the lid and relax. It's a great product. Martyn.

Cal54

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 25, 2014
Southport, UK
Funster No
MH
Leisuredrive Renoir
Exp
Since 1996
Lucky you! If you ever see another at that price grab it quick - you will make money by putting it up for sale on here!!

cliffanger

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 15, 2013
Saltford
Funster No
MH
Hymer A class
Exp
Since 2013
Crikey - that was some find - lucky you! (y)

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

cliffanger

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 15, 2013
Saltford
Funster No
MH
Hymer A class
Exp
Since 2013
I think the trivet is worth £8, alone, although you may never use it.
We use ours every time for chicken and pork, it means the meat isn't cooking in its own fat. As long as you put a piece of baking sheet under it to protect the non stick pan it works really well. (y)

Armytwowheels

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 10, 2012
Market Harborough
Funster No
MH
Carthago S Plus - Iveco
Exp
Since 2011
Yes you have and it looks prestine, well done you. I have this style and it looks shocking by comparison, mind you I have used it extensively.

Aug 15, 2014
Exiled in Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Pilote 600L
Exp
Since 2006
Damn it, just threw out a small circular rack that was too small for the oven in my house and I couldn't understand what exactly it was for :(

Kim H

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 24, 2011
Lancashire
Funster No
MH
Hymer S800
Exp
Since 2011
Wow what a find! It's the old style one with the 'viewing' window which I prefer. I'm after the shallow pan which goes with this version. Can't get them from Lakeland anymore and I haven't seen any on eBay.

Apr 11, 2015
hull
Funster No
MH
Laika Ecovip 300
Exp
since 1988 with breaks until 2009
I think the trivet is worth £8, alone, although you may never use it.
Trivet great if you like duck or chicken or lamb potatoes, carrots and leeks or onions in the bottom of the pan with a tiny bit of oil or spray, cook for about 30 mins giving a shake occassionally, trivet in chops, duck whatever on top , crispy skin nice meat but a very calorific gravy. yummy.

Forestboy

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 31, 2007
Forest of Dean
Funster No
MH
A Class Hymer B694 tag
Exp
Wow you had a bargain we have the same one it must be 10 years old now and we still use it all the time.(y)

Welsh girl

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 7, 2009
Funster No
MH
Globecar
Exp
Since 2004
You were dead lucky there. I thought I had a bargain buying a refurbished one from eBay at £75.I wish is bought one years ago. Obviously the charity shop manager didn't know their worth?

Jan 2, 2017
Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Autocruise Starspirit
Exp
7 years
Wow what a find! It's the old style one with the 'viewing' window which I prefer. I'm after the shallow pan which goes with this version. Can't get them from Lakeland anymore and I haven't seen any on eBay.
We use a flan baking tin which fits perfectly so we grill in our Remoska.

Kim H

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 24, 2011
Lancashire
Funster No
MH
Hymer S800
Exp
Since 2011
We use a flan baking tin which fits perfectly so we grill in our Remoska.
Ours is the grand remoska. Have you found a flan tin as an alternative to the shallow pan or one that fits inside?

Jan 2, 2017
Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Autocruise Starspirit
Exp
7 years
Ours is the grand remoska. Have you found a flan tin as an alternative to the shallow pan or one that fits inside?
Ours is the standard Remoska so our flan tin might be to small for your bigger pot. Our tin fits snugly at the top of the pot.

Nov 4, 2011
Uk
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Well done, a very good buy.
We've got a bread and butter pudding in ours now.(y)
IMG_2124.JPG
IMG_2128.JPG

Last edited:
Apr 11, 2015
hull
Funster No
MH
Laika Ecovip 300
Exp
since 1988 with breaks until 2009
Doing lamb in mine now.
Have the shallow pans for both standard and grand remoskas,dont use them.
Ramoska is great for roasties at Christmas when feeding 16, one with duck fat for the omnivores and one with oil for the vegans. Sorted.

May 31, 2015
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Ducato PVC
Exp
Getting Better
Anyone know of the Tefal Roast and Bake...? It's a lot cheaper then a new remoska and some rate it...?

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
I might have a shallow pan ... I'll have to have a shuftie and let you know!:)

Jun 16, 2013
Wiltshire
Funster No
MH
Low Profile Hymer CL 554
Exp
Since May 2014
Anyone know of the Tefal Roast and Bake...? It's a lot cheaper then a new remoska and some rate it...?
I have one of these and it is is excellent. Thought they didn't make them anymore? I got mine from the tefal outlet for about £50.

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
The Tefal version hasn't been made for a long time and are quite difficult to get hold of even second hand as I don't think they sold in large number originally, hence why they stopped making them.

GWAYGWAY

Free Member
Sep 6, 2014
Dover
Funster No
MH
Hymer ML I 580
Exp
4 years
Remoska ????? Is that a low profile on a FIAT base then? Sounds a bit East European!.

Jul 1, 2010
SW Northumberland
Funster No
MH
Hymer B 588 DL
Exp
Since September 2010
Great find, our close friends and travelling companions had one for years, packed in on our last foray into Spain. She took it back to Lakeland no receipt or proof of purchase and they honoured their lifetime warranty offering her a new one or the Grand version for a payment of £25 which she took. So your £8 outlay is guaranteed for life just don't tell them you bought it from a charity shop. Well done you a cracking piece of cookware use ours whenever on ehu.

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Great find, our close friends and travelling companions had one for years, packed in on our last foray into Spain. She took it back to Lakeland no receipt or proof of purchase and they honoured their lifetime warranty offering her a new one or the Grand version for a payment of £25 which she took. So your £8 outlay is guaranteed for life just don't tell them you bought it from a charity shop. Well done you a cracking piece of cookware use ours whenever on ehu.
Actually it isn't a lifetime guarantee it's a satisfaction guarantee and they are now getting very 'careful' about it - it's not open ended but generally for 3 years max now depending on the condition of the item being returned and the realistic expected life span of it. When I took my last Grand Remoska back it was almost pristine having been originally purchased just before the new model came out and not having had a massive amount of use, the manager had to check with head office if she could replace it with a new one (plus an extra payment of £40 for the new model) which they agreed to due to the condition being so good, but if it had been well used they would probably have refused, so despite people thinking they will replace items bought from them without question they don't any more, and I can understand this.

It does, however, make me wonder why people still buy some items from Lakeland which can be got elsewhere (ie not Lakeland branded etc) for a lot less money ... possibly in the mistaken belief that they have a 'lifetime guarantee' which they don't and apparently never did have.

Rob and Val

Free Member
Oct 17, 2010
Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
Talbot Compass Calypso
Exp
Since July 2010
We had to take our faulty Remoska back to Lakeland to have it replaced under their 'lifetime' guarantee. It was only about two years old but was the older model. We were told that, yes, we could have a replacement but we would have to pay £40, as that was the difference in price between the old and the new model. "No," I said, "that was not the deal when we bought the Remoska. If it has been improved then it was clearly not fit for purpose originally - that's not my fault. So, there is no way that I will pay an extra £40 for a replacement. That makes your famous 'lifetime guarantee' worthless." The assistant went to speak to the manager. We got our new Remoska and did not have to pay the £40.

AndyB57

Free Member
Dec 11, 2016
North Yorkshire, UK
Funster No
MH
Consort Kite PVC
Exp
Since 2016
You've found an excellent bargain there!
We bought one of the newer models last year and use it regularly every week - in the house or in the van. I can honestly say it's probably the most impressive piece of cookware we've ever owned (apart from the BBQ, of course!) and it's been used to cook, amongst other things, baked Camembert, sausages, salmon, roast chicken, fish cakes, cheese & chorizo on soda bread and, I kid you not, toast!!
No wonder we call it "The Magic Pan" - just chuck stuff in, switch it on, then come back 20 minutes or so later to tuck in. Brilliant!

Andy

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
We had to take our faulty Remoska back to Lakeland to have it replaced under their 'lifetime' guarantee. It was only about two years old but was the older model. We were told that, yes, we could have a replacement but we would have to pay £40, as that was the difference in price between the old and the new model. "No," I said, "that was not the deal when we bought the Remoska. If it has been improved then it was clearly not fit for purpose originally - that's not my fault. So, there is no way that I will pay an extra £40 for a replacement. That makes your famous 'lifetime guarantee' worthless." The assistant went to speak to the manager. We got our new Remoska and did not have to pay the £40.
Not now they won't, they stopped letting you have one without paying ages ago and won't automatically replace them now, even if you pay the difference. As I said it's a 'satisfaction guarantee' not a 'lifetime guarantee' and never has been, its just that people misconstrued it to be that.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back