dizzyd

Free Member
Jun 26, 2016
Liverpool
Funster No
MH
Bessacar E635
Exp
We have enjoyed our first few trips in our 'new-to-us' Motorhome latterly visiting beautiful Meathop near Grange -over-Sands.

We have 3 small dogs and thought a Kanpa Air Rally Pro awning would provide us with a secure outside area for them to have some freedom. The awning wasn't at all what we hoped for - at 26kg we knew it would be heavy and take up most of the space in our Fiamma back box but, putting it up wasn't the '10 pumps on the foot pump and you're nearly there' experience the salesman told us it would be! Anything but to be honest!

More importantly the fit against the side of the MH was awful - the connecting roof sagged so much the top of the habitation door dragged against it... Anyway long story short the awning has been returned and instead we purchased 3 X 4panel Isabella wind screens on line - very lightweight, 'compact when folded' and they are very sturdy - a perfect 'puppy play pen!' (But they also afford us shelter from the wind, a feeling of privacy and they look pretty smart too!) Loving life in Bertie Bessacarr (I know, we have it bad giving him a name etc !)

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    373.2 KB · Views: 197
Jul 23, 2013
Scotland
Funster No
MH
knaus van ti 600mg
Exp
Getting There since 2013
That looks great and lightweight you say, may get a couple myself where did you buy them from? Thanks :)

OP
OP
dizzyd

dizzyd

Free Member
Jun 26, 2016
Liverpool
Funster No
MH
Bessacar E635
Exp
Hope this helps ...

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Attachments

• image.png
    image.png
    389.7 KB · Views: 91
OP
OP
dizzyd

dizzyd

Free Member
Jun 26, 2016
Liverpool
Funster No
MH
Bessacar E635
Exp
PS Each x4 panel rolls up
Into a bag - carbon fibre poles and weight of each x4 panel and poles in vag is 3.6 kg

Stagman

Free Member
Aug 19, 2015
North Essex
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
3yrs
We have enjoyed our first few trips in our 'new-to-us' Motorhome latterly visiting beautiful Meathop near Grange -over-Sands.

We have 3 small dogs and thought a Kanpa Air Rally Pro awning would provide us with a secure outside area for them to have some freedom. The awning wasn't at all what we hoped for - at 26kg we knew it would be heavy and take up most of the space in our Fiamma back box but, putting it up wasn't the '10 pumps on the foot pump and you're nearly there' experience the salesman told us it would be! Anything but to be honest!

More importantly the fit against the side of the MH was awful - the connecting roof sagged so much the top of the habitation door dragged against it... Anyway long story short the awning has been returned and instead we purchased 3 X 4panel Isabella wind screens on line - very lightweight, 'compact when folded' and they are very sturdy - a perfect 'puppy play pen!' (But they also afford us shelter from the wind, a feeling of privacy and they look pretty smart too!) Loving life in Bertie Bessacarr (I know, we have it bad giving him a name etc !)
Ours is Bertie Burstner....:D Glad you're all enjoying your MoHo

jnn

Free Member
Oct 22, 2016
cheshire
Funster No
MH
van conversion trafic
Exp
nooby
I may have to join your gang, this is Berty Boo

The wind screens look perfect for keeping him and his bro nearby and safe

Sep 15, 2015
Wales
Funster No
MH
Ci Riviera 141 2003
Exp
Been around!
Neat idea! I have two German shepherds so this would be great for them.

sdc77

Free Member
Jan 28, 2013
Weardale, Co Durham
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
since 2011
Shame you didn't get on with the kampa.. we love ours. If you had checked here before buying you may have been enlightened to its issues and how people have dealt with them and like them. It must have been very heavy in a back box! We use a zormax pet enclosure alongside or instead of the awning depending on conditions. We find 30-40 pumps for the rally air pro 260.

OP
OP
dizzyd

dizzyd

Free Member
Jun 26, 2016
Liverpool
Funster No
MH
Bessacar E635
Exp
Thanks for your comments - I should have added it was the drive-away model we had. You're right we should have researched more prior to purchase but we love our set up now - it works for us, it's easy to set up and is much lighter to carry on board and takes up less space in the back box therefore allowing us the luxury of 2x Isabella recliners plus footstools ... Ps I did do my research of recliners for motorhomers prior to purchase!

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back