Have a good look before washing

Discussion in 'Motorhome Detailing' started by FJmike, Mar 15, 2016.

1. FJmike

FJmike Funster

Today I valeted a Burster that had been parked next to the owners garage, on inspection I noticed a lot of grit like substance down one side of the van. The owner told me this was from the tiles on garage roof "been up there eight years and still the stuff comes off" he said. The point of me posting is to warn anyone who is going to clean their van to be aware that if not washed off with plenty of water or better still snowfoam it could be the same as cleaning your van with Vim :eek:

• Like Like x 4
    • Useful Useful x 4
    • Thanks Thanks x 3
    • Informative Informative x 2
  2. WillH

WillH Funster

That's right, I always wash down with a hose and brush before cleaning. Problem we have is soot smuts from coal fires and ash from log burners, the ash can stain the GRP.

3. GJH

GJH Funster Life Member

Our neighbour has a felt covered lean to the other side of the fence from where our van is parked. Normally it is no bother because it has a gutter to catch any run off but in heavy rain we can get a bit of splashing in small areas. I deal with them as with heavy bird lime, by spot cleaning before dealing with the van as a whole.

• Like Like x 1
  4. G T and Dottie

G T and Dottie Funster

• Funny Funny x 1
  5. perfectionist

perfectionist Read Only Funster

Before washing i always circle the van looking for paint defects,normally you find on edges at the bottom of windscreen or sometimes on the bonnets ,roofs.ect