Have a Delivery Date, Starting To Get Excitied. (1 Viewer)

Violet1

Free Member
Jul 4, 2015
March, Cambs
Funster No
MH
semi-integrated
Exp
i'm a newbie
Hi lorger, we bought from duemo in June very pleased with the service and everything else they did. Say hi to Daniel & Josef from us. We purchased an adria matrix supreme. Also we flew to Düsseldorf and got a train from there with one change as only an hour in total journey time as opposed too four hours from Amsterdam even though our daughter lives in Utrect

laird of Dunstan

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 15, 2015
lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
Rapido 9000DFH
Exp
ex caravanner
Hi Lorger , glad to hear that you have your date , at the moment ive been told that our van will be with the dealer in January , our rough plan will be to drive over to have a look and add even more extras onto the mh , also the plan is to leave bedding etc in the mh in preparation for pick up day, the Belgian dealer told us that we will have to arrive one day early and apply for export plates in person , then we can head back home

laird of Dunstan

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 15, 2015
lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
Rapido 9000DFH
Exp
ex caravanner
Congratuations - hope it all goes well and everything is as it should.
Very exciting getting a new van - we know.
What dealer and roughly what saving buying there please>
What make and model if you don't mind telling us.
Good luck.

what we did was to firstly decide on what van we wanted including a few extras then it was off to a Brit dealer to get a quote , we were quoted £94K in the UK with no movement on the price . The following weekend we drove to Belgium and visited three dealers , the first guy gave us the best price straight off and that was 96k in euros , at the exchange rate that worked out at £23k savings(y)

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

GWAYGWAY

Free Member
Sep 6, 2014
Dover
Funster No
MH
Hymer ML I 580
Exp
4 years
Once again the rate of one to one applies, is it the dealers or is it the makers quoting them that price? Dealer near me said he has to charge the price the Chausson quoted him as the recommended UK price and he ha so little discount he cannot give one.
I think he is porkifying the whole story and it seems the same with Travelworld and the Hymer price. Same price in £s as Euro.
The whole thing seems to made up of stories of the unbelievable. Do the German and Belgian Dealers order RHD if we want it, or do the makers stop it to protect the UK trade?

OP
OP
lorger

lorger

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 11, 2008
Dumfries
Funster No
MH
Knaus Sun 650MEG
Exp
Hi lorger, we bought from duemo in June very pleased with the service and everything else they did. Say hi to Daniel & Josef from us. We purchased an adria matrix supreme. Also we flew to Düsseldorf and got a train from there with one change as only an hour in total journey time as opposed too four hours from Amsterdam even though our daughter lives in Utrect
Thanks for that nice to hear other people are happy with the service they got, funny thing is we have just sold our Adria Matrix lovely van and great build quality .
After looking at flights for January they seem a lot cheaper than dates I checked in December so looks like I'll fly to Düsseldorf and get the train from there, only problem is it will be a Friday so will need to check their ok to do a handover on the sat morning.

OP
OP
lorger

lorger

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 11, 2008
Dumfries
Funster No
MH
Knaus Sun 650MEG
Exp
Once again the rate of one to one applies, is it the dealers or is it the makers quoting them that price? Dealer near me said he has to charge the price the Chausson quoted him as the recommended UK price and he ha so little discount he cannot give one.
I think he is porkifying the whole story and it seems the same with Travelworld and the Hymer price. Same price in £s as Euro.
The whole thing seems to made up of stories of the unbelievable. Do the German and Belgian Dealers order RHD if we want it, or do the makers stop it to protect the UK trade?
Our new van from German dealer is RHD Uk spec it cost €1200 extra

OP
OP
lorger

lorger

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 11, 2008
Dumfries
Funster No
MH
Knaus Sun 650MEG
Exp
Hi Lorger , glad to hear that you have your date , at the moment ive been told that our van will be with the dealer in January , our rough plan will be to drive over to have a look and add even more extras onto the mh , also the plan is to leave bedding etc in the mh in preparation for pick up day, the Belgian dealer told us that we will have to arrive one day early and apply for export plates in person , then we can head back home
Thanks for that will check with him if I need to do it in person.

Jenben

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 19, 2015
Uk
Funster No
MH
Hymer Exsis I
Exp
Since 2007
According to Sebastian at Campirama, they can order RHD but it would be a longer wait as build slots are limited. Whilst I think he would do it, I suspect he is not keen to unless he got full payment up front as the van would be more trouble to sell if the buyer pulled out.

laird of Dunstan

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 15, 2015
lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
Rapido 9000DFH
Exp
ex caravanner

I had a bit of a think about ordering right hand drive and decided that id rather drive a left hand drive in the UK than a RHD in Europe , I did have to try three Belgian dealers ,the first dealer came up with the near parity quote , whilst the other two where straight out of the Brownhills book, both of them quoting 108k and 110k respectively , they both gave us the old line of ill go and see the boss and came back and matched the earlier price of 96k by the first dealer , the first salesman was the owner of the Business and was straight up with no real haggling , he came back with 98k originally but we knocked him down to 96k

OP
OP
lorger

lorger

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 11, 2008
Dumfries
Funster No
MH
Knaus Sun 650MEG
Exp
According to Sebastian at Campirama, they can order RHD but it would be a longer wait as build slots are limited. Whilst I think he would do it, I suspect he is not keen to unless he got full payment up front as the van would be more trouble to sell if the buyer pulled out.
I could have had a LHD within a couple of weeks or was told December or Apri for RHD, only paid 10% deposit for mine.

Violet1

Free Member
Jul 4, 2015
March, Cambs
Funster No
MH
semi-integrated
Exp
i'm a newbie
Likewise on the deposit, and no vat, sent confirmation once paid here and later on a copy of v5c reg doc. Paid equivalent in euros so saved a fortune

irnbru

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 27, 2013
Glasgow
Funster No
MH
Benimar 264
Exp
11 yrs
If you need a nights sleep before your flight you are welcome to use our MH parked on drive.

OP
OP
lorger

lorger

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 11, 2008
Dumfries
Funster No
MH
Knaus Sun 650MEG
Exp
If you need a nights sleep before your flight you are welcome to use our MH parked on drive.
Thanks Sandra for the offer with me only being an hour away I think I'll manage.

OP
OP
lorger

lorger

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 11, 2008
Dumfries
Funster No
MH
Knaus Sun 650MEG
Exp
Likewise on the deposit, and no vat, sent confirmation once paid here and later on a copy of v5c reg doc. Paid equivalent in euros so saved a fortune
Sounds like the same deal as us

irnbru

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 27, 2013
Glasgow
Funster No
MH
Benimar 264
Exp
11 yrs
Thanks Sandra for the offer with me only being an hour away I think I'll manage.
If you can do Dumfries to GAP in 1 hr then you should be able to fly to Germany in no time LOL :LOL:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back