Have a Delivery Date, Starting To Get Excitied.

Discussion in 'Motorhome Chat' started by lorger, Nov 28, 2015.

1. lorger

lorger Funster

Emailed my German dealer last week to see how the van was doing, he replied telling me it had just gone in to production at the factory and would email the end of this week with an update.

Checked my emails all day yesterday and thought he'd forgot until I received the news at 18:00 to say the van will be with them on the 18th, I was told in July it would be middle of December so not far out. I have asked them to do a few extras for me so won't be ready until after Xmas and due to work and family commitments it will suit me better to leave it until early to middle Jan.

So far they have been great to deal with and very helpful they have offered to arrange a hotel for me as I will arrive there early evening to be picked up the next day to collect the van.

On the downside I have it booked in with @eddievanbitz for December so will give them a call on Monday to change the date.

• Like Like x 21
  2. Landyguy

Landyguy Funster Life Member

Congratuations - hope it all goes well and everything is as it should.
    Very exciting getting a new van - we know.
    What dealer and roughly what saving buying there please>
    What make and model if you don't mind telling us.
    Good luck.

3. Munchie

Munchie Funster Life Member

Pfft ok for some! Don't get mine till May 12th!

• Like Like x 4
  4. lorger

lorger Funster

Ken we sold our last one in July and thought it's fine only a few months, boy have we missed it so really looking forward to getting away in the new one. I'm sure Steph will keep you busy around Parc Verger until it arrives.

• Like Like x 2
  5. Munchie

Munchie Funster Life Member

Yep i know the feeling. She does keep finding me jobs.
    Hope the van is all you wish for!

• Like Like x 3
  6. Taran_Las

Taran_Las Funster

(y)

• Like Like x 1
  7. Popeye

Popeye Funster

Great news Gerry, please call on us if we can be of assistance on your trip over or back, airport or docks runs or even accommodation. You'd be made most welcome.

Griff :Smile:

• Like Like x 2
  8. bellabee

bellabee Funster

You must be so excited! You'll have a lovely trip, when you go to collect it and bring it home.

• Like Like x 1
  9. Judge Mental

Judge Mental Funster Deceased RIP

Our German dealer.......The best:)

10. weekenders

weekenders Funster Life Member

Bet you and Lorraine can't wait to go exploring in the new van, new adventures

• Like Like x 1
  11. lorger

lorger Funster

Thanks, here is the dealers website that i have bought from who cam highly recommended from @Judgemental. http://www.duemo-duelmen.de/.
    We have bought a Possel Roadcruiser which i believe is the same model as the Globecar Campscout both the same just Possel is the German badge.
    How much have we saved well i don't have an exact figure when we first looked at these vans in the UK i was being quoted anything from £43K - £47 depending on interior and engine, we have went for the top of the range model with the elegance interior and have also had lots of extras added at the factory.
    Awning 800 euros, sog 150 euro, bike rack 200 euro, winter pack (extra insulation and heated tanks) 1200 euros these are the main extras also had a few wee other things done and after i pay my VAT the total cost will be just under £33K. I will have to factor in the cost for collecting the van and driving it back I have went for RHD UK spec that added 1200 euros so nothing needing done to bring it into UK. I wouldn't think this will cost anywhere near £1k although that's what I've budgeted, I will be driving the van straight to Vanbitz on the way home to get some work done to it which will set me back a few pounds but id be doing this even if I'd bought in UK.

I will do a full review on the whole process once complete, just now I'm thinking it will come in at just under £34K depending on how much beer I drink when I go to Germany.

• Like Like x 11
  12. lorger

lorger Funster

Thanks for the kind offer of a lift to Germany:):).

Thanks Griff you might regret this offer :), my plans are roughly to get to Amsterdam either plane or ferry from Newcastle, then train to Dulmen where dealer is based. On the way home though I plan on leaving him early evening and driving to Tunnel/Ferry for cheap crossing and from there will be heading to VanBitz so if your somewhere in that direction I might just pop in and visit.

if not then I'll just have to drive down one weekend and take up your offer:):).

Gerry

• Like Like x 2
  13. lorger

lorger Funster

Thanks, yes I'll have a great trip as I'm leaving Lorraine at home :D:D

• Like Like x 1
  14. lorger

lorger Funster

Yes Judge, so far I can't find fault with them everything I have asked they have answered and every time he has said he will do something he has. I certainly appreciate all the help you have given and definitely owe you a couple of beers, so if you ever fancy a wee holiday in Dumfries on me let me know.

• Like Like x 1
  15. lorger

lorger Funster

Spot on Val we didn't realise how much we would miss not having a van, it wuill certainly help for visiting Sophie at uni as it will save us driving up and back on the same day.
    Sophie and me are heading off skiing once it arrives so Lorraine will have to wait :D:D

• Like Like x 2
  16. Madwife

Madwife Deleted User

Congratulations on your new motorhome and wishing you lots if safe travels and fun in it.

Kath

• Like Like x 1
  17. Bertie Bassett

Bertie Bassett Read Only Funster

All the very best, and guarantee you'll get a great handover when you pick it up! Enjoy and safe trip but don't scrimp on the Veltingers/schultheiss/ take your pick, of a thousand good beers.

• Like Like x 1
  18. Jenben

Jenben Funster

Enjoy your trip to pick up your new van, its an adventure picking up a van abroad.

We picked ours up just over two weeks ago from Belgium. All our paperwork is now completed, we fitted UK number plates on it yesterday and we are ready to head off on our first trip away.

• Like Like x 3
  19. Judge Mental

Judge Mental Funster Deceased RIP

Dont know if Amsterdam more convenient but you can get a £35 easyjet flight to Dusseldorf, jump on train at airport and its an hour north. Call and they will pick you up at station

There is a free Aire in town, we always stay overnight to check everything's OK. Plenty of bars and eating places. Then you can go back to dealer in morning if need be...

Eddie

Last edited: Nov 29, 2015
    • Like Like x 1
  20. irnbru

irnbru Funster Life Member

Do you have any photos to look at?

• Like Like x 1