xulih

Free Member
Jan 17, 2017
58.89º North
Funster No
MH
Autocruise Accent
Exp
Trying to prep the van today for our first trip but its blowing a hoolie and chucking it down out there. Booked on the ferry tomorrow to the island of Hoy for a few days as a test run before doing the NC500 at beginning of May. Forecast for next few days is pants :unsure:

Jun 25, 2013
Funster No
Exp
Old wild camper in transit
Anyone interested in Scotland got to realise it's not wall to wall good weather ,in fact bad weather goes with the terrority,and as plan b correct , that's what mh is for . I love Scotland even in bad weather , I just dig out the maps and travel books and plan things , and have dab radio on , and maybe a bit of tv ???

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
xulih

xulih

Free Member
Jan 17, 2017
58.89º North
Funster No
MH
Autocruise Accent
Exp
I'll be heading south to do the NC500 so hoping the weather to be an improvement to what I'm used to :D mean time I have so many layer on I'm dressed Michelin man style.:LOL:

hilldweller

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2008
Macclesfield
Funster No
MH
Zilch Mk1
Exp
From Aug 2007
I'll be heading south to do the NC500

Sounds a good move. My daughter, touring Scotland, on a pushbike got on one of the ferries and could not get off, never made the island and she really suffers from seasickness.

She also got blown off her bike somewhere west of J O'G.

And this was summer !

Dognewf

Free Member
Nov 4, 2015
Glasgow
Funster No
MH
lunar newstar
Exp
1 whole year now
if it wasn't for the weather and the midges, the place would be even more full of English. Its a two pronged defence, when the weather is fair, the midges get you.

klaatu

Free Member
Aug 10, 2013
Vienne, France
Funster No
MH
Globecar Summit 640
Exp
Since 2014
We're parked up in a lay-by just outside Lochcarron and it's absolutely persisting down. But we're warm and dry in here, and it looks like it will not be so wet tomorrow, so all is good. The dog insists that the weather is perfectly OK, so I'm going to have to get wrapped up and venture out before long.

irnbru

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 27, 2013
Glasgow
Funster No
MH
Benimar 264
Exp
11 yrs
IMG_3045.JPG
You need to go much further south for some sun. Our view for tonight. Nice blue skies and it's sunny and warm :)

Aug 21, 2015
Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Autocruise starblazer
Exp
since 2015
Trying to prep the van today for our first trip but its blowing a hoolie and chucking it down out there. Booked on the ferry tomorrow to the island of Hoy for a few days as a test run before doing the NC500 at beginning of May. Forecast for next few days is pants :unsure:

Should be in Narfook then. It's bootiful, hot even :)

Allanm

Free Member
Jun 30, 2013
Cotes d'armor, France
Funster No
MH
Burstner Harmony TI 736 G
Exp
Since 1987
Hot as you like here in France. Burnt my head having lunch in a restaurant outside.....

Oct 5, 2012
Ayrshire
Funster No
MH
Carado T132
Exp
5 years, feel free to ask me about the Carado!!
Hope it gets better, we are hopefully going to Ayr for Easter o_O

OP
OP
xulih

xulih

Free Member
Jan 17, 2017
58.89º North
Funster No
MH
Autocruise Accent
Exp
All done and ready for the off in the morning, everything been checked, topped up and tested on gas, electric and battery and all happy. Would have been so much more fun and quicker had it been a nicer day but hey ho wrap up and get on with it :) now what have I forgotten :D

Just remembered I was going to make up a reminder to clip on steering wheel to remind me to disconnect EHU :eek:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back