Has the German got it right

Discussion in 'Tech/Mech General' started by bobandjanie, Dec 15, 2009.

1. bobandjanie

bobandjanie Funster Life Member

Hi, looking on a German forum, :Smile: and they are talking about Insulating a waste tank that is under the motorhome and outside in a German Winter COLD :Laughing: Or WORSE :Rofl1::Rofl1::Rofl1:

They have had all the usual things. :Wink: Build a box around it and insulate.

Someone said put salt in it,:Doh:
    To be told you need 8kg of salt for 50ltrs of waste. To stop it freezing at only -10

And so on.............:BigGrin::Rofl1::Rofl1::Rofl1:

But the best so far is.:Wink::BigGrin:

Put a pipe in and out of the tank, and blow warm air through it.:Eek!: So if you want to get making one, and copy right it.......:Smile: You may never look back...............:BigGrin::Rofl1::Rofl1::Rofl1: Bob.

2. bobandjanie

Hi, someone has said, a copper pipe linked into you Truma boiler, or you will end up doing this..........:BigGrin::BigGrin: Bob.

Attached Files:

3. Jim

Jim Ringleader

Mmmm.. slow cooking turds:Smile: Might be good for keeping the pitches either side of you vacant:BigGrin:

4. bobandjanie

You have to admire the thought that goes into it,:Doh: I could say in England we leave the drain tap open and put a bucket under it.:Wink::BigGrin:

I can imagine a German with 50ltrs of water adding 8kg of salt. The secret recipe for -10. :Smile:

Or better still..........:Wink: Buy a German Van with a double floor. :Rofl1::Rofl1::Rofl1:Bob.

5. wizza

wizza Funster

Dont bother with a copy right my 1996 hymer has a pipe from the blown air heating to the waste tank factory fitted. I would put a pic up but its to cold outside lol.

6. bobandjanie

Hi wizza, they are talking a pipe on the inside of the tank, I bet you have not got that.........:BigGrin: I know they sometimes blow air into a insulated jacket over the tank. :BigGrin::BigGrin: Bob.