Has Sharapova done anything wrong (1 Viewer)

Puddleduck

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 15, 2014
Scottish Borders
Funster No
MH
Without at present
Exp
On and off for many years.
She took a banned substance, she got caught. Now she has to face the consequences.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Adbt

Banned
May 19, 2015
Cheshire
Funster No
MH
Bailey Approach 740 SE
Exp
We are always 10 steps behind the dopers :( Sometimes i think we should ban the drugs tests and let them all get on with it.

The sad truth is if there was a clean Olympics and a dirty Olympics held at the same time I'm pretty sure which would get the better viewing figures.

Paddywack

Free Member
Oct 15, 2013
Neasham, Co Durham
Funster No
MH
Hymer ExsisT588
The sad truth is if there was a clean Olympics and a dirty Olympics held at the same time I'm pretty sure which would get the better viewing figures.
But would you still want your child to get involved in sport?

mariner

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 21, 2013
Isle of Dogs, but mostly Artola Spain.
Funster No
MH
Caravan
Exp
Since 2007. But no more.
I have always believed that most, if not all, of the top athletes are on drugs and that is why I have no interest in Athletics, Tennis, Cycling and the all other sports, too numerous to mention, where drugs can enhance performance and where vast amounts of money are involved
They are all cheating, but many of them have not been caught, yet.

Last edited:

Paddywack

Free Member
Oct 15, 2013
Neasham, Co Durham
Funster No
MH
Hymer ExsisT588
Many still would as the financial rewards would be still there , clean or dirty .
The fact is that most PEDS have a detrimental effect on the user over the longer term, this is the key reason they need to be removed from sport, so those that want to achieve those rewards can do so safely on the basis of talent and training.

Judge Mental

Funster
Deceased RIP
Sep 2, 2009
Sarth London
Funster No
MH
Possl 636 FR panel van
Exp
1994 and beyond...
I think some funsters need to take drug tests...... Some of their posts are a bit questionable.........:whistle:

:LOL::ROFLMAO:

Not me! I just LOVE drugs! difference being they keep me alive...just of for a shot of EPO:D

Nov 3, 2013
Portugal
Funster No
MH
Fiat Ducato Auto Wildax
Exp
C/van since '73 .M/h.2009
She has my full sympathy. It was obvious that she was having a heart attack every time she hit the ball.:)

Hi.
So was i...... well nearly ,LOL. So,she is supposed to have taken the drug for 10 yrs,when it WAS NOT illegal,so far,so good. Thinks..so was every body else then if it wasn't banned.
Drag her down,sack cloth and ashes...... Bet she still looks good though,come what may. There maybe,just maybe,be , a handfull of people who do not engineer events to suit themselves.
Example. "We are a class 52? m/home on the Peage,but when this comes up,i/we,press the button on the intercom and say Class two.... Loads more,just from posts on this and other forums. Do i cheat ? Yes,i was/still could be in the haulage world,as is to be seen in Athletics,or bidding for Billion £ defence contracts..... Letting Greece.. into the EU,Turkey mmmmmm applying pressure ? NO. LOL.
She is the first,(We are led to believe) to get caught,someone was going to be,and with a 10yr use of this substance,don't you think she has been set up.. I have no connection with Miss S,...... DAMN.
Tea Bag

Adbt

Banned
May 19, 2015
Cheshire
Funster No
MH
Bailey Approach 740 SE
Exp
The fact is that most PEDS have a detrimental effect on the user over the longer term, this is the key reason they need to be removed from sport, so those that want to achieve those rewards can do so safely on the basis of talent and training.

I am in no way supporting drug cheats at all but being realistic ( unless we all stop watching sport ) the problem is neither going away or lessening.
As regards long term detrimental effects of taking PED do we really thing athletes who cheat see the bigger picture ?
Another point to discuss is what happens when we can genetically modify individuals to perform greater athletic feats ? People in 50 yrs time may see our present day predicament as quite quaint!

lorger

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 11, 2008
Dumfries
Funster No
MH
Knaus Sun 650MEG
Exp
Although I agree she is a cheat she has done nothing wrong in the last 10 year according to the rules, if she had stopped taking it on 31/12/15 no one would be calling her a cheat so how many other players have been using it for years and had the brains to stop this year. As Jim says let them use what ever they want then they'll all be the same.

FJmike

Free Member
Jul 17, 2014
Swindon
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
over ten years
I could not believe the pathetic excuses this cheat was giving and even more amazed that she was allowed to hold a press conference before the authorities, thus putting her excuses first. The authorities need to come down hard and ban her for the maximum which I believe is four years. When they have cleaned up tennis they then need to start on a sport where it is so obvious that drug taking is rife FOOTBALL.

Aug 6, 2013
Kendal, Cumbria
Funster No
MH
Le-Voyageur RX958 Pl
Exp
since 1999
I've long considered that the only sports worthy of the name are those that involve a huge element of personal risk. If you aren't in or on a device with an engine you are not involved with a sport. And quite definitely if the activity involves hitting, catching, or throwing a ball it cannot be called sport. A pastime perhaps :reel:

Enword

Free Member
May 20, 2014
Devon
Funster No
MH
Coach Built
Exp
Race van conversion for years
Motors
I've long considered that the only sports worthy of the name are those that involve a huge element of personal risk. If you aren't in or on a device with an engine you are not involved with a sport. And quite definitely if the activity involves hitting, catching, or throwing a ball it cannot be called sport. A pastime perhaps :reel:

Motorsport is exactly that, the others are called games :* :rofl:

sdc77

Free Member
Jan 28, 2013
Weardale, Co Durham
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
since 2011
I can't help feeling a bit sorry for her..
It's a daft mistake over a matter of days between legality and illegal.
But.. hercteam should have know better and looked after her more.
She's lovely though isn't she.

DuxDeluxe

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 10, 2008
Planet Zog
Funster No
MH
A woosh bang van
Exp
since 2008
I can't help feeling a bit sorry for her..
It's a daft mistake over a matter of days between legality and illegal.
But.. hercteam should have know better and looked after her more.
She's lovely though isn't she.

I suspect that her and her team knew exactly what they were doing (unless they are utterly stupid); now they are cynically stage managing the situation hoping to get a ban overturned - which would send completely the wrong message to the world

Jun 2, 2010
Flintshire
Funster No
MH
Low profile
Exp
since 2010
I could not believe the pathetic excuses this cheat was giving and even more amazed that she was allowed to hold a press conference before the authorities, thus putting her excuses first. The authorities need to come down hard and ban her for the maximum which I believe is four years. When they have cleaned up tennis they then need to start on a sport where it is so obvious that drug taking is rife FOOTBALL.

Football players are all subjected to drug testing, as you are such an expert you will remember the player that was banned a couple of years ago for failing to attend a test, sure because of the amount of players there are in professional football there may be the odd couple who are guilty but hey, don't single out football there will be offenders in all sports including Rugby ( both codes) golf, cycling, netball, anywhere there is a competitive edge to be gained.

FJmike

Free Member
Jul 17, 2014
Swindon
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
over ten years
Football players are all subjected to drug testing, as you are such an expert you will remember the player that was banned a couple of years ago for failing to attend a test, sure because of the amount of players there are in professional football there may be the odd couple who are guilty but hey, don't single out football there will be offenders in all sports including Rugby ( both codes) golf, cycling, netball, anywhere there is a competitive edge to be gained.
Drug testing in Football is an absolute joke.
Players attend appointments for drug tests, which are notified in advance.
No random testing of players.
No compulsory testing
Obviously unfit players playing major matches ( fit players rarely get injured)
All sports organisers need to up the amount and frequency of drug testing and make sure the cheats don't prosper.

Sep 4, 2014
Putney, London
Funster No
MH
Still Just Looking :-(
Exp
At a post match interview at Fulham recently player mentioned that he hadn't been to the dressing room yet as he'd been to drug testing. Football may be tightening up now.
Obviously cycling is cracking down but they have now found a junior Belgian cyclocross rider with a motor in her bike!
What's next.....

Dec 12, 2010
Cumbria
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
since 2011
Will there be drug testing at the Chester quiz ? I've heard a rumour that some of the participants have upped their intake of Sanatogen and cod liver oil tablets in preparation. The rest of Team Caradoc have turned down the kind offer from @swanseajack13 of lava bread poultices, strategically applied of course :LOL:

Feb 27, 2011
UK
Funster No
MH
Self Build
Exp
Since 2005
I am sorry but if you take a tablet that is not indicated for a medical condition then you must be taking it for another reason.
In her case there can be no doubt that she took it to enhance her performance.

She is a cheat morally and ethically.

Now that the rules have caught up to her and she didn't obey them she finally got her just deserts.

I have said this before and got slammed for it. I think sport cheats should be banned for life. They have proven themselves untrustworthy.

They need to come up with a set of rules where ALL performance enhancing drugs are banned. If a drug is needed for more than 2 weeks or within 6 months of a competition it should be approved by an independent panel of doctors. A bit harsh possibly? But sport relies on a level playing field, it is where the expression comes from. If one person cheats then the rest need to to compete. There are two ways out of this, either ban any use of all drugs or make all drugs legal.

I am just glad I am not a sports fan or I would have been sorely upset by the news over these last few years.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back