Has being a Funster changed your life? (1 Viewer)

WynandJean

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 23, 2010
West Midlands
Funster No
MH
Bailey Autograph 682
Exp
Since 2010
There can be no possible doubt about that! Quite apart from the idea of taking the motorhome abroad and realising how much better it is over there, the addictive nature of the forum content. The ability to ask about ANYTHING even not motorhome related the greatest change it has made to my life has to be this. Some time ago Jean must have seen some mention on here about Janine and Barrie and their ukulele playing. Unbeknown to me she got in touch with Janine to enquire about it. Janine advised her what to get and put her in touch with Southern Ukeleles. A while later a large cardboard box was delivered and Jean scuttled it away and it as time went by it was forgotten about. Eventually, when my birthday came round I was told I could open the box. Now to say I was surprised was an understatement. I had never considered playing the ukulele (especially as I have a guitar which I never got the hang of after decades!)
Then Jean said that she had 'colluded' with Janine to get me to go to the Bridgnorth Ukulele Band to get me playing. I took some persuading (taking that first step was a bit daunting) but now my whole life seems to revolve around Motorhome Fun and ukuleles!

I never cease to be amazed by what Jim and Sian manage to acheive in running the forum. I suspect few realise just how much work goes into it, partly as a result of how seamlessly it all works with all the work being done in the background and the ethos that Jim brings to the club. It's not a burden so much as an extended family for Jim and he really cares about his 'flock'.

Yes it's definitely changed my life!

Wyn

Oct 29, 2008
West Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
PVC
Exp
since 2008
We have made some great friends and feel that being part of a group owned by a person who shares our interests rather than a faceless company is far more friendly.

Welsh girl

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 7, 2009
Funster No
MH
Globecar
Exp
Since 2004
It's definitely changed ours as well. I get so many hints and tips and help from certain members.
I am probably addicted to the forum as well and choose to become a life Member.
Is the first thing I look at in the morning and I'm scanning it alk day. Being retired doesn't help as I have more time to do it.
Motorhoming as a whole is great and shortly before joining we went full time.
I belong to a few Motorhoming groups in Facebook but none as good as this one.
We've been to a couple of meets and would like to go to more but as we tour a lot don't find ourselves in the vicinity. We mostly tour France, Spain and Portugal.
Who would have thought we'd do that in 2009.
Ands we met @JJ

irnbru

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 27, 2013
Glasgow
Funster No
MH
Benimar 264
Exp
11 yrs
Definitely changed mine. Ive met some lovely people and chatted online to others. If I feel bored or lonely I log into Fun.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Tincataylor

Free Member
Jul 9, 2012
Devon
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Never leave a campsite with your clothes line tied to a lamp post.
It s a definite yes from The Tinca's. Before we came to this forum we were well thought of in our local community, I was a doctor and Lynne was a magistrate. Then we met UK Bill and it all started to unravel from there.......................:whistle::whistle::whistle::whistle:

Armytwowheels

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 10, 2012
Market Harborough
Funster No
MH
Carthago S Plus - Iveco
Exp
Since 2011
It s a definite yes from The Tinca's. Before we came to this forum we were well thought of in our local community, I was a doctor and Lynne was a magistrate. Then we met UK Bill and it all started to unravel from there.......................:whistle::whistle::whistle::whistle:
Bit of a theme developing here... Aha @ukbill ?

bhs

Free Member
Apr 16, 2015
Louth
Funster No
MH
b class
Exp
since 2006
Bought a van, wanted to see places, relax and enjoy. Thought it would be a good idea to join some organisations, forums and the like.

Now I'm scared of everything from having bought the wrong van, being over weight, having the wrong tyres, wrong insurance, migrants, being gassed, being robbed, exchange rates, what if my heater packs up, and the fridge???

Know what, forgot all about my bad back and various other physical annoyances, we are off to europe next week , dogs are excited and in the van already, guess it's fun after all!

grasscutter

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 11, 2009
East Wittering. West Sussex.
Funster No
MH
Hymer Exsis i588
Exp
Started in 1980
Yes, we became good friends with UK Bill. :party3:
I think that it qualifies for free therapy :rofl:

Apart from making some lifelong friends, meeting people who tolerate my guitar playing and now having a love affair with Benidorm I can't think of anything. :drink:

Rob and Val

Free Member
Oct 17, 2010
Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
Talbot Compass Calypso
Exp
Since July 2010
Reading threads in which Funsters offer support and help in abundance, I wondered what being a member of this fabulous forum has done for others.
Your kind of crazy.jpg

Brian and Jo

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 24, 2007
oswestry,shropshire
Funster No
MH
A-Class N+B Arto 88F
Exp
Been motorhoming for 15yrs.had an American RV for 7yrs,Now got a Niesmann Bischoff Arto 88F
It has not so much changed our lives but improved is a better word(y).we spent 7yrs with the RV Owners Club (the sister site) and made some great friends and run 4 great rallies and since selling our last RV and going back to a European Motorhome again we are now firmly ensconced with MHF(y).We are even thinking of doing another rally next year but we will see.work still gets in our way so we will and see.we can't praise Jim & Sian enough for creating and managing an excellent club and forum.much of the hard work that goes into keeping the forum running so smoothly goes unnoticed so thank you to you both(y).
Brian and Jo

Popeye

Deceased RIP
Sep 5, 2011
edge of New Forest
Funster No
MH
Frankia Platin Plus
Exp
On and off since 1983
Good thread Janine, only just found it.

Life changing........yes, I'm at the balloon Festival now and discovering at 65 years old just how bad a hangover can be..........

.......the real change has been the sheer number of fabulous people we have met and found they are my kind of crazy, many of you reading this will realise that means you.........(y)

JockandRita

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 2, 2007
Lincs/Cambs border
Funster No
MH
N+B Flair 8000i
Exp
Since May 05 (Ex Tuggers).
Good thread Janine, only just found it.
Absolutely Griff, and the same here, ie, only just found it Janine. :)

I wouldn't say "life changing" as such, but most of our friends are MH'ers, and many of those we knew from FACTS are now here on FUN. (y)
Rita and I, have made more friends and aquaintences from being members of FUN, than we have ever done from being members of the CC, C&CC, MCC, etc, etc, put together.

The meets are something we always look forwards to, and reading about Morocco tours, and Benidorm Meets, makes us want to travel all the more.
Unfortunately, work still gets in the way, but hopefully that may change soon. ;)

We are life members, and although we have no reason to think it would, we certainly hope that FUN doesn't go down the same route that FACTS has now gone. :(

Well done to Jim & Sian, for a great club.................and long may it reign. (y)

Cheers for now,

Jock & Rita. :)

Ven

Aug 15, 2008
East Sussex and beyond
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Since 2009
I think getting our first Motorhome changed our lives but joining fun has certainly enhanced it.

Our very first Fun rally in Newark in 2009 was the first stop on our gap year from work. We never went back to our house and have been full timing ever since.

Fun has been an amazing source of information (sometimes useful, sometimes not), amusement and has made us some great friends which we love meeting up with in various locations around Europe.

Feb 22, 2014
Grantham
Funster No
MH
Rapido Le Randonneur
Exp
Since 2015
Enhanced my life, I would say. Not changed it. Selling our house would do that. Given us food for thought. Allowed us to enjoy your travel through the stories you relate, the daily quiz is a joy, the support you offer on a whole raft of issues is lovely. So I'm glad I joined and will renew in October, even if we never get to be Motorhomers. Will be one at heart. We are thinking of moving to SA again. Once that country gets under your skin it never lets go and is always calling you. Despite all the uncertainties we want to go......at the moment. :D

Mousy

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 13, 2013
Sa15 2DG
Funster No
MH
Hymer S840 Merc auto
Exp
Since 2013
I do feel it's been a life saver for me in the last week. Unexpectedly taken into hospital with sudden ascending paralysis, it's taken my mind of everything big time. I've found threads to read, enjoyed smile and photo of the day. And after great thought started writing about my hospt stay. The good wishies and messages I've received from funsters we know and only know of have boosted me no end.

Although I blame motorhoming. I was fit as a fiddle until we bought the van:rofl:

Aug 30, 2012
Home of the war horse
Funster No
MH
burstnar T640
Exp
Yes it has changed our life to a certain extent
We went to morroco and till I read the 2013 trip we had never even thought of it
We have made some very good friends
met a lot of people some we like
Done some great rally's
Misterton
Goth (still the best)
Kens soul weekend
Jaws bash
Southport
Wings and wheels

Plus this site is a minefield of information some is top notch and we have used it to make some good buys and prevented us from buying "stuff " we did not need or junk
We got our money's worth in first day of our membership

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back