Has Armacao de Pera closed ? (1 Viewer)

Feb 9, 2008
Corby, Northants
Funster No
MH
Coach Built
Exp
Since 2007
A post has appeared in Camper Contact to say that on the 19th Jan. the GNR police moved everybody on.
I would have expected to see a post on here if that was the case. Can anyone provide an update.
Thanks in advance.

Deleted User
Can't confirm it but I wouldn't be surprised.

We were there for one night before Christmas and despite signs all over the place saying no camping, parking only ie no chairs, camping equipment etc, several units had chairs and washing out.

Apparently the response of the GNR is normally to move everybody on, not just the offenders.

Reactions: JJ
OP
OP
PhilandMena
Feb 9, 2008
Corby, Northants
Funster No
MH
Coach Built
Exp
Since 2007
Thanks Bud! still none the wiser though! I would have thought they would not be able to move campers on if legally parking. Can understand their frustration though with others.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Deleted User
Thanks Bud! still none the wiser though! I would have thought they would not be able to move campers on if legally parking. Can understand their frustration though with others.

It does seem heavy handed and I don't have personal experience, only what others have told me.

As to the legality of moving everybody on I think most people would obey the GNR rather than cause a fuss, so they get away with it.

I would just go anyway, if they let you on then OK, if they don't there are alternatives.

OP
OP
PhilandMena
Feb 9, 2008
Corby, Northants
Funster No
MH
Coach Built
Exp
Since 2007
Another one to cross of my list. I hope it's not permanent ! It was a decent spot.

Jul 5, 2013
Tunbridge Wells, Tunbridge Wells, UK
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Since 2013
Phil, there was a post a couple of days ago on this forum from somebody who turned up just after everybody had been moved off and did not stay because of that. Maybe search Armacao

Edit - beat me too it

JJ

Mágica
May 1, 2008
Quinta Majay, Pinheiro Bordalo, Portugal
Funster No
MH
Burstner Privilege T
Exp
over 50 years
Yes and No.

Yes the GNR moved people off a day or so ago, just as they did earlier in the "season".

My near neighbours were here when people were moved off... they went too and returned a couple of hours later.

No it is not closed. I am parked here now as I post this...

But I am NOT camping...

20170122_111755.jpg

20170121_174351.jpg

JJ :cool:

PS. Don't update Camper Contact... it will get crowded again and bring in folk who insist on putting out chairs and using levelling blocks.

Last edited:

Mags52

Free Member
Jun 2, 2010
Melrose Scottish Borders
Funster No
MH
Hymer B774
Exp
Since 2010
We were there and got moved on. Blogged about it Link Removed
We were a bit surprised because we didn't have anything outside the van and all blinds closed. Apparently the fact that we had obviously slept there was enough - everyone was moved.
Mags

JJ

Mágica
May 1, 2008
Quinta Majay, Pinheiro Bordalo, Portugal
Funster No
MH
Burstner Privilege T
Exp
over 50 years
I suspect the GNR can't be bothered to argue with people as to who is camping or who is not, so they just move everyone.

Sleeping in your van is not deemed to be camping as far as I am aware.

OP
OP
PhilandMena
Feb 9, 2008
Corby, Northants
Funster No
MH
Coach Built
Exp
Since 2007
I suspect the GNR can't be bothered to argue with people as to who is camping or who is not, so they just move everyone.

Sleeping in your van is not deemed to be camping as far as I am aware.

It's not deemed camping in Law either ! Now back on my list!

Reactions: JJ
May 8, 2010
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Since 2010
@Mags52 , I've just been looking at your blog. I love it! We're crossing to Santander on 10th Feb. The original intention was to go to Spain - Cabo de Gata, and make our way west. Given the weather, we might well head for Seville and then move on to Portugal, so I'm busy trying to glean info. I've filed your blog in the 'useful' category.

Mags52

Free Member
Jun 2, 2010
Melrose Scottish Borders
Funster No
MH
Hymer B774
Exp
Since 2010
@Mags52 , I've just been looking at your blog. I love it! We're crossing to Santander on 10th Feb. The original intention was to go to Spain - Cabo de Gata, and make our way west. Given the weather, we might well head for Seville and then move on to Portugal, so I'm busy trying to glean info. I've filed your blog in the 'useful' category.
Thank you! Gad you like it. Mags

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back