Has anyone visited Henrys Campsite in Lizard Village ?

Discussion in 'Solo travellers' started by shane the nomad, Nov 5, 2015.

1. shane the nomad

shane the nomad Read Only Funster

Any Fusters been to Henrys or Wild Campsite in Lizard Village ?
    How was your trip
    Im thinking of going second week in December until New Year

2. rangitira

rangitira Funster

Havn't visited that site, but I can tell you it will be wild weather wise, very stormy. Take care if you walk the Coastal Path.

On the other hand, watching old Neptune smash himself against the cliffs, waves pounding higher and higher, wind howling, makes you feel quite insignificant when you see the power of mother nature at her best

• Like Like x 3
  3. Viennese

Viennese Funster

Went a few years ago, in summer though. It is quite weird, the showers/toilets and parts of the buildings look as though they were put together out of things from the local tip, and showers ate up the money and gave little hot water! Just about had a sea view, there was no phone signal. However, palm trees and strange hens make it a bit different, and if you are a VW camper person, I expect you'll like it!! Good walk to Lizard Point from there.

4. shane the nomad

Thank you Funsters,love walking the coastal path....assuming its not been washed away ie,happisburgh,Naaaarfolk :(

5. HymerB544

HymerB544 Funster

Hi, we have stayed there a couple of times and the last one was in early January. The guy who runs the place (Henry was his dad, from what I remember) will open the site in virtually any weather if you ring and ask. The location is brilliant and if the weather is clear you have good views down to the coast. The centre of Lizard village is a couple of hundred yards away so very easy access to provisions and pubs and cafes. The coastal path is brilliant in either direction, West towards Mullion via Kynance Cove or East towards Cadgwith. The cafe at the most southerly point is open every day of the year and serves good food with the benefit of stunning views.

There are a couple of downsides. The pitches are mostly on grass, though there are now a small number of hard standing ones just to the right a you enter the site. Also, considering the standard of the facilities (showers, etc) it ain't cheap. From memory we paid around £25 a night. And depending on the size of your van, access through the entrance past the reception point is tight. Ours is an A Class Hymer and we made it in, but not much to spare.

Another nearby site we have used many times is Little Trethvas Farm, about 1 and a half miles short of Lizard village on the road down from Helston. You will love the Lizard. Cadgwith, Coverack and a little further afield, Porthleven, are all worth visiting.

• Like Like x 2
  6. 1_man_and_his_dob(lo)

1_man_and_his_dob(lo) Funster

I stayed there for a few days several years ago..nice site. Might have changed since then, but it was all-grass pitches if I remember correctly, so not sure what they'll be like in December/January.

7. HymerB544

HymerB544 Funster

You're right the main fields are grass. Whether they can take vans in the area around the shower blocks (car park hard standing) I'm not sure. Worth a telephone call though.

8. shane the nomad

Many Thanks Funsters.Going to book for Tuesday until ......

9. Chockswahay

Chockswahay Funster

• Like Like x 2