Harwich to Holland Ferry Tesco Vouchers (1 Viewer)

lorger

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 11, 2008
Dumfries
Funster No
MH
Knaus Sun 650MEG
Exp
Starting to plan for our holiday to Slovenia end of July, was going to book euro tunnel using tesco vouchers, now thinking of this crossing as it would only be £40 more and can do it with tesco vouchers. So have any of you done this we will be booking a cabin on the outward journey, wont need one on the return as its an afternoon crossing.

This means it saves me a few miles on the way down and a few miles on the other side. so will just about get the £40 back even though im not really spending it as its vouchers :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

bobandjanie

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 28, 2008
Javea, Spain
Funster No
MH
Pilote V600g
Exp
Hi Gerry, we have done that crossing a few times, and being less than an hour away for us was even better. :thumb:

Always did the morning crossing, and booked the crossing / club class lounge / and the meals all on Tesco. :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

We don't do it now as its a long crossing for the dog, and she prefers the tunnel, :winky: or puts up with DFDS from Dover for her next trip. :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO: Bob.

I should add you can park on the dock overnight if you wish.

Last edited:
OP
OP
lorger

lorger

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 11, 2008
Dumfries
Funster No
MH
Knaus Sun 650MEG
Exp
Thanks Bob we will be booking the 11pm sailing on the way out and will arrive back in Harwich about 8pm on the return so thanks for that as we wondered where we would park up for the night. Is it signposted or do you just park on dock side i have never been to Harwich so dont have a clue.

I had never thought of this sailing before just noticed it on Tesco website. The ideal crossing for us is Newcastle to Amsterdam which we have done in the past at a cost of £400. This year they want nearer £900, we will be doing N/Castle to A/Dam crossing in Sept and it only cost just over £300 so dont know where they get the extra from in the summer.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

GlobeStar

Free Member
Jul 23, 2012
Woodhall Spa
Funster No
MH
Van conversion
Exp
Since 2004
We spent a while looking for somewhere to overnight as we didn't fancy the port. Ended up going to a caravan site in harwich which charged us half price as we were going on the ferry so cost us £10, can't remember the name but it is the only site in harwich itself I think.
There were some other possible places but the night we went there were armed police out as there had been an incident:Eeek::Eeek: didn't fancy wild camping then.
Stopped at one very empty pub and spoke to the landlord to ask if we could use the car park if we had a meal and a few drinks, he flatly refused and said if he let one do it everyone would want to stop over, looking at the amount of customers I would have thought that would have been a bonus.

bobandjanie

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 28, 2008
Javea, Spain
Funster No
MH
Pilote V600g
Exp
You park on the far left of the lanes where you enter before booking in. :Smile:
Its not a very busy place.

If you drove half an hour, you could go to the pub we use for a fun meets then its no far to get on the A14, ::bigsmile:

http://whitehorsetattingstone.co.uk/

They do real ale, and if you have time the next day, you can cycle or run around Alton Water reservoir that's only just down the road, the nature reserve is about 3 miles, and the main part is about 8.5 miles. :thumb: Bob.

Last edited:
Sep 5, 2008
York
Funster No
MH
C Class Bessacarr 769
Exp
Since July 2010
We did that crossing and stayed at The Strangers Home pub at Bradfield. Made it in time for a meal at the pub before they stopped serving at 9 pm. Basic grass field with toilets and showers. Was ideal for us.
Lin

Rapide561

Free Member
Aug 5, 2007
Leeds and Lake Garda
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Harwich

Bonandjane

Thanks for the parking info. Appreciated.

It's a crossing we are keen on due to the Tesco thing when doing an Amsterdam dash or something.

Russell

OP
OP
lorger

lorger

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 11, 2008
Dumfries
Funster No
MH
Knaus Sun 650MEG
Exp
Well what an idiot I am it says on the tesco website only £220 of tokens per return trip, I thought my vouchers where tokens and exchanged £120 worth. Went to book tonight and told I can't use them all and would need to add £300, sod that have sent them back and will use tunnel :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

So remember folks vouchers are not tokens.

bobandjanie

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 28, 2008
Javea, Spain
Funster No
MH
Pilote V600g
Exp
:cry::cry: Oh well Gerry.

We live and learn. ::bigsmile:

We like the tunnel, but would not use it without the vouchers. :whatthe:

It would be the cheapest crossing we could find, :winky: normally involving and discount code. :ROFLMAO: Bob.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back