Harley anyone?

Discussion in 'Motorhome Chat' started by jhorsf, Jan 28, 2012.

1. jhorsf

jhorsf Read Only Funster

• Like Like x 3
  2. jhorsf

jhorsf Read Only Funster

3. injebreck99

injebreck99 Funster

H D Bikes

I have been a keen motorcyclist for 50 years and have ridden a couple of HD's, not my thing, but hey, each to his own, they've all got two wheels after all.
    I go to a local bike meet most weeks and we find that all the so called individual HD riders look the same, all dress the same, act the same, but they don't associate with the rest of us, hardly ever speak to us, only to each other, why do thay bother to come then ??.
    The main gripe from us non HD riders is the noise they make, not just the noise , but the awful loudness of their bikes, horrendously loud in the quiet area we live in, they are killing their welcome where we meet I'm afraid, we tried moving venue's, but they found out. !!

4. jhorsf

jhorsf Read Only Funster

Well mine has 3 wheels lol and I thought it was a funny vid thats all it was just that and yes mine is LOUD

5. slobadoberbob

slobadoberbob Read Only Funster

Great, loved it

Great, loved it.. only in American can you say what you really think about another companies product and not end up in court.

Mind you does remind me a bit of a MHF meet, where all the RVOC's seem to be together, but the only difference to the bike riders we do talk to those that own a eurobox.:Rofl1::Rofl1:

But loved it.

Bob

6. blamehofman

blamehofman Read Only Funster

Yes having been a motorcyclist for 35 years got to admit there not my cup of tea either ....... The last place I worked the boss decided to get himself a one even though he'd never had a bike before . After a 2 year struggle to get his bike licence he eventually was able to ride the thing .

He kitted himself out in all the gear , including a German nazi bike helmet :Eeek: and a leather jacket with Harley Davidson emblazoned across the back in bright orange .... Only time I ever saw it on the road was in the local Macdonalds car park , where him and his mates would meet up for a coffee .

7. Crwydryn

Crwydryn Read Only Funster

Worst motorbike company out there building out of date tractors.:BigGrin:
    I own a Buell which was the best thing that came out of HD until they shafted Erik Buell and closed them down in 2010.

Cheers HD.:censored:2

[​IMG]

8. chesterfield hooligan

chesterfield hooligan Funster

:Rofl1: I have a Indian Scout 1941 in bit's hope to put back together this summer and no bike licance yet :Rofl1:

• Like Like x 2
  9. semi hemi

semi hemi Read Only Funster

i have had many harleys ranging from ironhead sportsters,shovelheads,evo's and the last one was a twincam road king..i have been all over europe riding harleys and love them!! i allso spent 15 years with the chopper club and in that time i built a chopper at least every two years,all harleys!! i will have another to go touring on at some point..really miss it:cry:

• Like Like x 1
  10. Jaws

Jaws Funster Life Member

One of the oldest oxymoron's around..

I have a motorcycle.. Its a Harley Davidson......................

• Like Like x 1
  11. Jaws

Jaws Funster Life Member

One of the oldest oxymoron's around..

I have a motorcycle.. Its a Harley Davidson...................... :Wink::BigGrin:

12. Brian and Jo

Brian and Jo Funster Life Member

harley

i have a harley trike,does that count:Laughing:its an electra glide 105th anniversary model and i love it:thumb:
    regards brian jo and josh

• Like Like x 1
  13. haganap

haganap Funster Life Member

Nikki and I have a Harley 13 yrs old now running well but become expensive over the past couple of years... Fits in the Motorhome well has become quite temprementl of late not bad in the cold. Take it on the school run sometimes and loves it... Taking to the alps again this year :thumb: can't wait

• Like Like x 3
  14. Snowbird

Snowbird Funster Life Member

Am thinking of puting my old Triton back together and choping it for a Shovelhead. Would that make me a born again biker as I havent rode for almost 20 years.:Doh:

• Like Like x 1
  15. semi hemi

semi hemi Read Only Funster

nah get the triton back on the road turn up your jeans grease back your hair(if you've got some:BigGrin:)and ride it...to the hotrod hayride!!!:Laughing:

16. Snowbird

Snowbird Funster Life Member

No hair left....Cant get jeans that fit.:Rofl1: Why the hell do you think am thinking of a Harley:Wink:

Attached Files:

17. slobadoberbob

slobadoberbob Read Only Funster

always wanted one

I have always wanted one, had the use a few years back of our friends Harley up at Lake Huron in Michigan...in the US of A... I still have a full bike licence with a clause for the loss of the left leg that it has to be auto or have a conversion to cover the disability. I used to ride a V1000 moto guzzi , full California speck, sissy bars, king and queen seat, Highway Patrol screen and all the chrome goodies. One hell of a bike, 2 speed auto.. very heavy. Took two to get it up on the main stand, but the kick out side stand made life easy.

Often look at the Harley bikes in a showroom on the Eastbourne Road (A22).. may be one day I might get a trike... either a Harley or some other build...

Something about the sound of the engine does it for me. Had the usual BSA's including a gold flash and a lot of other motorbikes when was younger .. first one was a Royal Enfield with a swing arm.. ex dispatch rider bike (army).

But I am dreaming.... these days I drive the arm chair being the Winnebago Aspect... but does not stop me admiring them and dreaming.

But I loved the clip, typical American advertising.. knock the other brands.

Bob

• Like Like x 1