Dec 5, 2011
norfolk
Funster No
MH
Low profile C Class
Exp
Since 1997
H D Bikes

I have been a keen motorcyclist for 50 years and have ridden a couple of HD's, not my thing, but hey, each to his own, they've all got two wheels after all.
I go to a local bike meet most weeks and we find that all the so called individual HD riders look the same, all dress the same, act the same, but they don't associate with the rest of us, hardly ever speak to us, only to each other, why do thay bother to come then ??.
The main gripe from us non HD riders is the noise they make, not just the noise , but the awful loudness of their bikes, horrendously loud in the quiet area we live in, they are killing their welcome where we meet I'm afraid, we tried moving venue's, but they found out. !!

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
jhorsf

jhorsf

Free Member
May 15, 2009
DERBYSHIRE
Funster No
MH
ih oregon
Exp
Well mine has 3 wheels lol and I thought it was a funny vid thats all it was just that and yes mine is LOUD

slobadoberbob

Free Member
Jun 1, 2009
Kent, garden of England
Funster No
MH
Winnebago 23' something
Exp
25 years & counting
Great, loved it

Great, loved it.. only in American can you say what you really think about another companies product and not end up in court.

Mind you does remind me a bit of a MHF meet, where all the RVOC's seem to be together, but the only difference to the bike riders we do talk to those that own a eurobox.:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

But loved it.

Bob

blamehofman

Free Member
Oct 31, 2010
Northumberland
Funster No
MH
coachbuilt
Exp
2 years
Yes having been a motorcyclist for 35 years got to admit there not my cup of tea either ....... The last place I worked the boss decided to get himself a one even though he'd never had a bike before . After a 2 year struggle to get his bike licence he eventually was able to ride the thing .

He kitted himself out in all the gear , including a German nazi bike helmet :Eeek: and a leather jacket with Harley Davidson emblazoned across the back in bright orange .... Only time I ever saw it on the road was in the local Macdonalds car park , where him and his mates would meet up for a coffee .

Crwydryn

Free Member
Jan 5, 2012
Mid Wales
Funster No
MH
Compass 300
Exp
Worst motorbike company out there building out of date tractors.::bigsmile:
I own a Buell which was the best thing that came out of HD until they shafted Erik Buell and closed them down in 2010.

Cheers HD.:censored:2

Link Removed

semi hemi

Free Member
Sep 26, 2011
leicestershire
Funster No
MH
old transit coachbuilt
Exp
i have had many harleys ranging from ironhead sportsters,shovelheads,evo's and the last one was a twincam road king..i have been all over europe riding harleys and love them!! i allso spent 15 years with the chopper club and in that time i built a chopper at least every two years,all harleys!! i will have another to go touring on at some point..really miss it:cry:

Jaws

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 26, 2008
Thetford Norfolk
Funster No
MH
C class, Chieftain
Exp
since 2006 ( I think ! )
One of the oldest oxymoron's around..

I have a motorcycle.. Its a Harley Davidson......................

Jaws

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 26, 2008
Thetford Norfolk
Funster No
MH
C class, Chieftain
Exp
since 2006 ( I think ! )
One of the oldest oxymoron's around..

I have a motorcycle.. Its a Harley Davidson...................... :winky:::bigsmile:

Brian and Jo

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 24, 2007
oswestry,shropshire
Funster No
MH
A-Class N+B Arto 88F
Exp
Been motorhoming for 15yrs.had an American RV for 7yrs,Now got a Niesmann Bischoff Arto 88F
harley

i have a harley trike,does that count:roflmto:its an electra glide 105th anniversary model and i love it:thumb:
regards brian jo and josh

haganap

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2007
planet earth
Funster No
MH
Niesman+Bischoff 79e
Exp
I'm an oldbie MH number 10
Nikki and I have a Harley 13 yrs old now running well but become expensive over the past couple of years... Fits in the Motorhome well has become quite temprementl of late not bad in the cold. Take it on the school run sometimes and loves it... Taking to the alps again this year :thumb: can't wait

Snowbird

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 24, 2009
Liverpool.
Funster No
MH
Fifth wheel.
Exp
Since 11-05-2000
Am thinking of puting my old Triton back together and choping it for a Shovelhead. Would that make me a born again biker as I havent rode for almost 20 years.:Doh:

semi hemi

Free Member
Sep 26, 2011
leicestershire
Funster No
MH
old transit coachbuilt
Exp
Am thinking of puting my old Triton back together and choping it for a Shovelhead. Would that make me a born again biker as I havent rode for almost 20 years.:Doh:
nah get the triton back on the road turn up your jeans grease back your hair(if you've got some::bigsmile:)and ride it...to the hotrod hayride!!!:roflmto:

Snowbird

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 24, 2009
Liverpool.
Funster No
MH
Fifth wheel.
Exp
Since 11-05-2000
nah get the triton back on the road turn up your jeans grease back your hair(if you've got some::bigsmile:)and ride it...to the hotrod hayride!!!:roflmto:

No hair left....Cant get jeans that fit.:ROFLMAO: Why the hell do you think am thinking of a Harley:winky:

Attachments

• Spain morroco tour 2011-12 031.jpg
    Spain morroco tour 2011-12 031.jpg
    94.8 KB · Views: 9

slobadoberbob

Free Member
Jun 1, 2009
Kent, garden of England
Funster No
MH
Winnebago 23' something
Exp
25 years & counting
always wanted one

I have always wanted one, had the use a few years back of our friends Harley up at Lake Huron in Michigan...in the US of A... I still have a full bike licence with a clause for the loss of the left leg that it has to be auto or have a conversion to cover the disability. I used to ride a V1000 moto guzzi , full California speck, sissy bars, king and queen seat, Highway Patrol screen and all the chrome goodies. One hell of a bike, 2 speed auto.. very heavy. Took two to get it up on the main stand, but the kick out side stand made life easy.

Often look at the Harley bikes in a showroom on the Eastbourne Road (A22).. may be one day I might get a trike... either a Harley or some other build...

Something about the sound of the engine does it for me. Had the usual BSA's including a gold flash and a lot of other motorbikes when was younger .. first one was a Royal Enfield with a swing arm.. ex dispatch rider bike (army).

But I am dreaming.... these days I drive the arm chair being the Winnebago Aspect... but does not stop me admiring them and dreaming.

But I loved the clip, typical American advertising.. knock the other brands.

Bob

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back