hard wiring the reversing monitor (1 Viewer)

Khizzie

Free Member
Jul 26, 2014
Le Repaire,Thiviers,France
Funster No
MH
Autocriuse stargazer
Exp
since 2002
Hi after a bit if help if pos. I want to hard wire my monitor into the ignition system on my 2005 Peugeot boxer 2.8 hdi..so question one where is the best place to connect it to on the left hand fuse box and two how do I get to the rear of the box to connect in without drilling a hole through the dash...

Lenny HB

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 18, 2007
On the coast in West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678 DL
Exp
Since 2008 & many years tugging
I connected mine to the radio feed I think it's the red wire (the one switched by the ignition). You should be able to feed the wires up behind the glove box without removing anything (you can on an X250) then drop the radio out to connect it. I also changed my radio over to the leisure battery .

greyman1

Free Member
Aug 7, 2011
manchester
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
9 years motorhome / 10 years campervan
you dont have to get your 12v ign live from the actual fuse box, just find a supply that is nearer and put in your own in line fuse . i have always done mine this way with no problem .

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
Khizzie

Khizzie

Free Member
Jul 26, 2014
Funster No
MH
Autocriuse stargazer
Exp
since 2002
OK I understand that,but I have a mirror mounted monitor and have run cables under headlong and down left hand side under the trim thus coming out near the windscreen. I can feed wires further down between side of van and dash. So now I need to be able to get to rear of dash and don't want to have cables dangling underneath if you see what I mean

Lenny HB

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 18, 2007
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678 DL
Exp
My last van (x250) I had a mirror mounted monitor, I took the trim of side pillar and ran the cables down & was able to pick them up under the dash and feed them across,. On that van I dropped the glove box out and connected the power to the cigar lighter socket wires.

OP
OP
Khizzie

Khizzie

Free Member
Jul 26, 2014
Funster No
MH
Autocriuse stargazer
Exp
since 2002
My last van (x250) I had a mirror mounted monitor, I took the trim of side pillar and ran the cables down & was able to pick them up under the dash and feed them across,. On that van I dropped the glove box out and connected the power to the cigar lighter socket wires.
That sounds what I am looking for,. Was access to under dash easy to get to? And how does glove box come out ? Sorry to seem a bit thick but I want to get it done the easiest way and the tidiest...

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Lenny HB

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 18, 2007
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678 DL
Exp
Mine was an X250, I've never been in an X244, but I would think it is similar, found I could just reach up under the dash to get hold of the cables, the glove box was just a case of removing a few screws should be obvious.

For my current van to find the cables under the A class dash I brought one of these.

OP
OP
Khizzie

Khizzie

Free Member
Jul 26, 2014
Funster No
MH
Autocriuse stargazer
Exp
since 2002
Thanks for all your help Lenny ,it is appreciated, will just wait til it warms up a tad outside and I wills give a whirl..

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back