Happy to be a MH'r

Discussion in 'The Beginner' started by gordoncbrown, Nov 2, 2011.

1. gordoncbrown

gordoncbrown Funster

Having just changed from being a tugger ( leaving myself wide open for comments ) we have been surprised how much friendlier MH'rs seem to be. from waving on the road to stopping you onsite and asking how you're doing leading on chat about sites etc. I found caravanners sort of chatted but it's more like being a biker again. Where it doesn't matter what motorhome you have got we are all part of the same club , if you know what I mean,where with caravans I found there was a bit of snobbery ( probably not the best terminology but seems to fit) Has anyone else experienced this or am I looking at this wrongly?:Wink:
    Also how long do you needto have a MH before you are no longer a newbie? Do you get any time off for being an ex tugger?:Blush:

• Like Like x 2
  2. hilldweller

hilldweller Funster Life Member

A huge number on here are.

3. Loujess

Loujess Read Only Funster

Since you've just made your first post, I don't regard you as a newbie any more. Just one of us. I think having a MH is a lot more expensive, but much more fun. There's nothing better than having a sneaky pull up somewhere and getting the kettle on. Happy travelling. :BigGrin:

Ivy

4. JohnM

JohnM Read Only Funster

Hi Gordon, And welcome to the fun,we have 3 things in comon so far x tugger now m/homeing 3yrs and the third guess?.Hope to see you around this lovely country of ours.
    All the best.:thumb: :welcomefunster::Rofl1::Rofl1:

5. Popeye

Popeye Funster

As opposed to a sneaky tug?

I first started motor-homing in 1983 and was a member of the silver snail club if my memory hasn't failed me. I noticed that when pulling up in a car park early morning that you automatically attracted other motor homes to the same spot, as you had probably already sussed out the most level area.

I also notice that at the tender age of 33 most of the motor homers were of a much more senior vintage often retired.

Their friendliness was apparent straight away and I suppose that one of the reasons for the age of motor home owners has to be cost. Most young married couples with children couldn't afford the extra cost associated with the camping car.

Owning a car is a must for most so the smaller additional cost of a caravan would appeal to more people.

It never appealed to me but I have to say that I have noticed the caravanner seems less inclined to stop for a chat than a fellow snail.

Though according to tommy we didn't speak to him. (perhaps he was a closet tugger)

6. Wildman

Wildman Read Only Funster

once a tugger always a tugger but what you do in the privacy of your own home is not for us to discuss:Rofl1: Actually quite a few members finally surcumbed to the MH fraternity. You are not a newbie after your first trip so that takes care of that, it does not suit everyone mind but there certainly is a differance between site sitting and touring, the joy of which you have yet to experience so good luck with that. Our rallies are not quite so formal and as far as I know snobbery does not affect me. Anyone bringing me a drink is welcome in my van, hee hee

7. gordoncbrown

gordoncbrown Funster

Never leave home empty handed.