Happy new year and a quick question (2 Viewers)

Builder147

Free Member
Oct 5, 2013
Devon
Funster No
MH
C Class bessy E560
Exp
Getting the hang of it
happy new year to everybody. Just a quick question for all the techy bods out there, I have been given a drone for Xmas which is great fun, my question is what size inverter would I need to recharge the 5200mah lippo batteries in the motorhome? Would a pure sine wave be better? And does the inverter clip straight onto one of my leisure batteries? I would only need it to charge the lippo batteries really ,but it has got me thinking would it be better to get a little bit bigger one to power the microwave!
All comments greatfully received as always (y)

FULL TIMER

Free Member
May 31, 2012
NORWICH
Funster No
MH
SELF BUILT IVECO 75E17
Exp
BEEN BUILDING THEM FOR 32 years
seems a lot of expense to go to to charge the lipo's, wouldn't it be easier/ cheaper to get a 12v field charger,something like this http://www.rchobbyestore.co.uk/acce...n-nimh-battery-balance-fast-field-charger-p40 other than that if you have the mains charger it should say in the spec the power consumption either in watts or amps just get an inverter that can cope with the chargers needs I wouldn't think it would need to be a high powered one, if you also want to power a microwave you will need an inverter with at least twice the power rating shown on the front of the microwave, this will need to be hard wired to the leisure battery bank with some pretty hefty cables and fuses due to the high current involved , pure sine is better and needed for some equipment but more expensive, some microwaves, TV's, chargers etc will work with quasi sine wave inverters some won't.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back