LIFE MEMBER
Dec 11, 2013
Guisborough
Funster No
MH
MORELO palace
Exp
since 2012
OK tis my Birthday today so Mrs Funflair bought me a present, well after a few hints from me anyway.

IMG_0582.JPG

Honda SH125

My last bike was a Honda Fireblade(y) and it must be 10 years since I rode a proper bike so why do I still go for the foot pegs where they should be and why do I go for the gears to downshift, only done 20 miles on it but seems like good fun, the 300 would have been better but then I would just ride silly again and I dont think it would be right with the full leathers, anyway now its raining so put it in the garage and will get some wax on it.

Next job is get it into the MH garage and get the tie downs fixed when they turn up.

Now where is that sun.

Martin

andy63

Free Member
Jan 19, 2014
south shields
Funster No
MH
None
Exp
since 1990
Happy birthday Martin. .. you have been well spoiled...
Andy.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

injebreck99

Free Member
Dec 5, 2011
norfolk
Funster No
MH
Low profile C Class
Exp
Since 1997
OK tis my Birthday today so Mrs Funflair bought me a present, well after a few hints from me anyway.

View attachment 163355

Honda SH125

My last bike was a Honda Fireblade(y) and it must be 10 years since I rode a proper bike so why do I still go for the foot pegs where they should be and why do I go for the gears to downshift, only done 20 miles on it but seems like good fun, the 300 would have been better but then I would just ride silly again and I dont think it would be right with the full leathers, anyway now its raining so put it in the garage and will get some wax on it.

Next job is get it into the MH garage and get the tie downs fixed when they turn up.

Now where is that sun.

Martin
Picking mine up tomorrow but metallic red with topbox, getting towbar and Easy Lifter trailer as well.

OP
OP
funflair

funflair

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 11, 2013
Guisborough
Funster No
MH
MORELO palace
Exp
since 2012
Picking mine up tomorrow but metallic red with topbox, getting towbar and Easy Lifter trailer as well.
Silver with top box except I had to take the box off to get it down the side of the house.

Like the red but Mrs who was paying for it said I don't like the red, but the silver or white will match the motorhome.

Enjoy when your arrives.

Martin

haganap

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2007
planet earth
Funster No
MH
Carthago C Tourer
Exp
I'm an oldbie MH number 9
can you let her know it's my birthday in few months ?

Carol

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 2, 2007
North Wales.
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
18 years s Motorhome (33years caravans)
Happy Birthday Martin, glad to see you have been suitably spoilt, enjoy the rest of the evening .
Best Wishes Carol & Eddie. x

Ambilkate

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 15, 2009
Shropshire
Funster No
MH
HYMER 654
Exp
since 2006
Missed this thread HAPPY BIRTHDAY Martin love the bike .
Love from us three xxx

Anthea M

Free Member
Deceased RIP
Oct 18, 2015
Sheffield
Funster No
MH
Hobby
Exp
Since 2009
A great pressie hope you had a good day!

injebreck99

Free Member
Dec 5, 2011
norfolk
Funster No
MH
Low profile C Class
Exp
Since 1997
Unfortunately had an issue with my hydra trail trailer on the way home with the scooter loaded up, all ratchet stapped down on 4 corners , but found after a few miles that the handlebars had turned to the right, (seen in reaview camera), unable to find layby convenient, and due to the volume of traffic on the A47, when we eventually stopped, the front wheel was out of the V stop at the front of the bed, the handlebars were turned to the right lock, due to movement, the whole bike had leaned over towards the van, and the lower bodywork panel was jammed up against the cantilever mechanism, thus not doing the bodywork any good, on a 4 mile old scooter, needless to say, not happy, new panel or repair t the existing one, metallic red as well, and now have to discover why this all happened, straps did not come loose, maybe a strap around the front wheel to meep it on place next time, or avoid the terrible Norfolk roads!!

OP
OP
funflair

funflair

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 11, 2013
Guisborough
Funster No
MH
MORELO palace
Exp
since 2012
Unfortunately had an issue with my hydra trail trailer on the way home with the scooter loaded up, all ratchet stapped down on 4 corners , but found after a few miles that the handlebars had turned to the right, (seen in reaview camera), unable to find layby convenient, and due to the volume of traffic on the A47, when we eventually stopped, the front wheel was out of the V stop at the front of the bed, the handlebars were turned to the right lock, due to movement, the whole bike had leaned over towards the van, and the lower bodywork panel was jammed up against the cantilever mechanism, thus not doing the bodywork any good, on a 4 mile old scooter, needless to say, not happy, new panel or repair t the existing one, metallic red as well, and now have to discover why this all happened, straps did not come loose, maybe a strap around the front wheel to meep it on place next time, or avoid the terrible Norfolk roads!!
Oops but could have been worse I guess, good job you were watching it in the camera.

Martin

Badknee

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 25, 2014
notloB
Funster No
MH
Vantage Neo
Exp
Living the dream.
Still thinking about a 300i Martin, but looked at a Sym 200ST yesterday. Made by SanYong Motors, reputed to be the biggest motorcycle manufacturer in the world (never heard of them) looked ok but where would I get it repaired in France/Spain I wonder?

OP
OP
funflair

funflair

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 11, 2013
Guisborough
Funster No
MH
MORELO palace
Exp
since 2012
Still thinking about a 300i Martin, but looked at a Sym 200ST yesterday. Made by SanYong Motors, reputed to be the biggest motorcycle manufacturer in the world (never heard of them) looked ok but where would I get it repaired in France/Spain I wonder?
I reckon the SH300 will be a cracking bit of kit, I am already dropping hints "if we find we use this one quite a bit it might be nice to get the 300" The good news is that Jen says she likes the back of the 125 better than the Fireblade so that's a start(y)

Get the 300 and save changing in a couple of years:LOL:

Martin

Oct 18, 2014
Salisbury
Funster No
MH
Hymer B598 PL
Exp
Since 2013
Yes, strap against the v at the front

injebreck99

Free Member
Dec 5, 2011
norfolk
Funster No
MH
Low profile C Class
Exp
Since 1997

Sym have been around for ages, pretty good quality as far as I can see, they are everywhere in Europe.

Brian and Jo

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 24, 2007
oswestry,shropshire
Funster No
MH
A-Class N+B Arto 88F
Exp
Been motorhoming for 15yrs.had an American RV for 7yrs,Now got a Niesmann Bischoff Arto 88F
nice bike Mart and happy birthday.
thats a cool present.

Brian and Jo

Badknee

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 25, 2014
notloB
Funster No
MH
Vantage Neo
Exp
Living the dream.
Sym have been around for ages, pretty good quality as far as I can see, they are everywhere in Europe.
Really, that's a help. The 200 puts out a decent amount of power and looks quite good, it was my next job to look at availability of bits on the continent. It's like if I say dropped it and needed an indicator lense or whatever, would I be able to get one in Spain or France?

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back