Happy Highlander (1 Viewer)

Jan 31, 2016
Alness, Cromarty Firth
Funster No
MH
Hymer B544 (2012)
Exp
hello all from up here in the Twighlight Zone

Me and SWMBO have just brought our lovely (new to us) Hymer Tramp 552 home from Glasgow in this great wintry weather we are experiencing at the moment.
Driving an unknown large vehicle in winds and snow drifts is no fun :eek:

We hope to have lots of great wild camp days out over the Highlands in the near future with our dog George the pointer.

After ploughing through a whole heap of paperwork that came with the van we see the original owner lived in Applecross, Ross-shire only 50 miles from us :D what a coincidence.

?

Deleted User
50 miles coast to coast. Im surprised its that small. Mind you, you are at the skinny bit after Inverness. Quite funny as i was just talking to my neighbor (young lass) not half an hour ago about your area as she and her boyfriend are going up next month for the first time. I was telling her to o down to near North Kessock and under the bridge to watch the dolphins when the tide is coming in and out. Now i am thinking about it do they still come in the winter months?

Anyway, Welcome

Sep 5, 2012
Scotland
Funster No
MH
East Neuk Fifer
Exp
since 2012
:hiya:Another one from East Lothian, love it up your area, my maternal ancestors came from the Black Isle.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
BusyBuilder
Jan 31, 2016
Alness, Cromarty Firth
Funster No
MH
Hymer B544 (2012)
Exp
Thanks all for the welcome, best place is Chanonry Point at Fortrose on the Black Isle for Dolphin watching, not normally there in the winter though.

irnbru

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 27, 2013
Glasgow
Funster No
MH
Benimar 264
Exp
11 yrs
downloadfile-2.gif

?

Deleted User
The Honest Toun.(y)

Thats a matter of opinion Lol. I used to always like going into There for shopping but now it seems to be all pound or discount tat shops and charity shops. Oh and the traffic around the bridge. Put me in charge, i would get the jams sorted out with a one way and road closure to cars system. Tesco should have been built on the outskirt of the town. Old store was in a bad location who came up with the bright idea to build next door wants shot. Lol

OP. Thanks for the Dolphin tip. Ill be up with the wife during the summer and with a bit of luck stroll over to the west side.

Sep 5, 2012
Scotland
Funster No
MH
East Neuk Fifer
Exp
since 2012
Thain s a matter of opinion Lol. I used to always like going into There for shopping but now it seems to be all pound or discount tat shops and charity shops. Oh and the traffic around the bridge. Put me in charge, i would get the jams sorted out with a one way and road closure to cars system. Tesco should have been built on the outskirt of the town. Old store was in a bad location who came up with the bright idea to build next door wants shot. Lol

OP. Thanks for the Dolphin tip. Ill be up with the wife during the summer and with a bit of luck stroll over to the west side.

Lived here most of my life but only really venture in for doctor or dentist appointments. I remember it before the bypass, there is a lot of discussion about the traffic situation. If I can tear myself away I might move one day when I need a bungalow. ;)

lorger

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 11, 2008
Dumfries
Funster No
MH
Knaus Sun 650MEG
Exp
Hi and welcome, was up your way Nov 14 and plan coming up this July to do the NC 500 with my dad.

Carol

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 2, 2007
North Wales.
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
18 years s Motorhome (33years caravans)
Hello :pink:

Kelsae2

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 9, 2011
kelso,scottish borders
Funster No
MH
coachbuilt
Exp
since 2005
Hi and welcome to the Fun.
Love visiting the Black Isle. Ex sister in law stays in Avoch. We were there last year visiting the dolphins at Rosemarkie and managed to get a front pitch on the site. Love to wander around Cromarty.
Charlie.

OP
OP
BusyBuilder
Jan 31, 2016
Alness, Cromarty Firth
Funster No
MH
Hymer B544 (2012)
Exp
Here's Hildegaard the Hymer, not been far yet as we needed to get the control panel fixed by a chap in Germany. But hope to get away in a few weeks over to the west coast.

Attachments

• hymer.jpg
    hymer.jpg
    113.4 KB · Views: 14

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back