LIFE MEMBER
Apr 24, 2009
Liverpool.
Funster No
MH
Fifth wheel.
Exp
Since 11-05-2000
Well here you go, sorry for the suspense but the man in the daft hat needed to be fed. After an afternoon at one of my favourite restaurants, he is suitably recovered and he is now the proud owner of an RMB Silver Star 760.
Man with daft hat 003.JPG
Man with daft hat 001.JPG

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

movan

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 2, 2009
Moving around
Funster No
MH
Burstner
Exp
since07
Pat you are looking even lovelier than ever too .. have yu been doing a healthy lifestyle something or other?

bryandh

Free Member
Jan 17, 2011
Malaga, Spain
Funster No
MH
A Class. FFB Tabbert 570
Exp
Since 2010
Waited a long time for the news to break! My word, it is a biggie.

:cheers: :cheers:

Congratulations to you both on an outstanding purchase.................. enjoy every moment in her !! xx

Bryan and Anna (Co-Pilot)

See you both soon, we hope.

JockandRita

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 2, 2007
Lincs/Cambs border
Funster No
MH
N+B Flair 8000i
Exp
Since May 05 (Ex Tuggers).
Well done Cathryn & Malcolm. (y)

That's a Dream Machine you've just acquired.............but you already know that, don't you? ;)

Continued happy MH travels to you both. We hope to catch up with you both soon.

Jock & Rita. :)

Nov 30, 2009
Pickering
Funster No
MH
PVC the PUG
Exp
Since 2009 with motorhomes several caravans then tents before that.
Congratulations on your marriage and purchase of new van. Hope you All have many happy years together.
Now please tell us who's who on the photo, for those who recognise names from the forum , but have yet to meet please.

Carol

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 2, 2007
North Wales.
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
18 years s Motorhome (33years caravans)
Congratulations on your marriage and purchase of new van. Hope you All have many happy years together.
Now please tell us who's who on the photo, for those who recognise names from the forum , but have yet to meet please.

First of all Dave (snowbird) was joking Cathryn & Malcolm have been married a long time, and very very seasoned travellers as any one following last years Morocco thread will know, though I do expect Malcolm carried Cathryn over the van threshold
On the picture Dave (in the pink shorts) then Cathryn & Malcolm then Dave's good lady Pat.

Last edited:

Malcolm Bolt

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 10, 2011
Harrogate
Funster No
MH
old A class
Exp
since 2011
I feel an explanation is required here. Cathryn and I were married thirteen years ago. It was just that she was so excited that it seemed appropriate for her to be carried aboard. However I am now thirteen years older with a bad back and our new palace is a fair distance from the ground with a door much narrower than on a house built of bricks. Result - a rather ungainly piggy back up four steps.

For those who feel the need those pictured are, from the left - Dave (Snowbird), Cathryn, Malcolm (me) and Pat

Those who know me will be aware that I have lusted after a Mercedes based van with a similar layout to our Hymer B694 (Likely to be for sale when we return from the sun.) and with garage (every man needs a shed)

I have been looking for an RMB for the past 18 months and thought I had nailed it in November when Cathryn saw one on mobile.de. Unfortunately my offer of a sizeable deposit until I could arrange a bank transfer was put on hold until half the German population had the opportunity to view and I lost it. I was in a deep state of gross fedupness for three days, only kept afloat by Snowbirds frequent e mails to look at other nice vans. None of them were my ideal. Then he let me know about his wish to move to the future with a 5er. Within 24hrs Cathryn had told me we were buying it and I haven't stopped smiling yet.

We flew out to Alicante yesterday with 3 large suitcases nd a couple of cabin bags.

We areboth well chuffed.

Thanks for all the good wishes folks.

OP
OP
Snowbird

Snowbird

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 24, 2009
Liverpool.
Funster No
MH
Fifth wheel.
Exp
Since 11-05-2000
Can't believe you managed to palm that old van off onto another Funster, Mr Snowbird!

What a man!

JJ :cool:

My dear friend JJ, I feel I neither have the time nor the energy to try to explain the meaning of QUALITY to your good self, as am sure anyone choosing to overwinter in the wet wastelands of Portugal would never understand.
Regarding the references to my Landsend American QUALITY guaranteed shorts, they are not available for purchase in Portugal. Come to think of it, my people inform me there is not much call for shorts in Portugal anyway :cool:.

Brian and Jo

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 24, 2007
oswestry,shropshire
Funster No
MH
A-Class N+B Arto 88F
Exp
Been motorhoming for 15yrs.had an American RV for 7yrs,Now got a Niesmann Bischoff Arto 88F
Well here you go, sorry for the suspense but the man in the daft hat needed to be fed. After an afternoon at one of my favourite restaurants, he is suitably recovered and he is now the proud owner of an RMB Silver Star 760. View attachment 51283 View attachment 51284
hi Dave great pics you are both looking well.congrats to cathrhyn and Malcolm on your purchase,that is one VERY nice motorhome,(y)
Brian and Jo

Sep 14, 2009
uffculm mid devon
Funster No
MH
swift royale 59
Exp

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.