Free Member
Jul 26, 2016
northwest
Funster No
MH
just looking
Exp
im a newbie
Hi everyone, thought I would join the forum to find out if anyone can help. Although I will be using the forum to find useful info from the expert campers out there I would like to know if there is anyone out there that has a IH Oregon (2010) model. Have you had any problems with the internal walls being marked? Im thinking of investing in one the dealer said it is just a build up of dust. Can anyone comment please? Thanks tina :smiley:

Feb 4, 2016
West Sussex, UK
Funster No
MH
Hymer B680 Starline
Exp
Long term a few years now.
:welcome4: I would be very suspicious . Damp marks walls and its a killer in motorhomes.
Get an independent damp check done before you buy .
Other more experienced folks will be around on here . Good luck.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
rubi

rubi

Free Member
Jul 26, 2016
northwest
Funster No
MH
just looking
Exp
im a newbie
Thanks for your reply, we had a damp tester and it showed there was no damp so I thought I would check if anyone else had experienced this thanks

Feb 4, 2016
West Sussex, UK
Funster No
MH
Hymer B680 Starline
Exp
Long term a few years now.
Your welcome rubi . I dont know if you know but you only get 5 posts unless you subscribe to Fun.

Its 15 quid a year and has been the best money ive spent on my motorhome.

Its more of a community not just a forum . Without the various discounts that you get as a full member its well worth it for the advice and help alone.

It feels like your never alone on Fun .

ambulancekidd

Funster
Sep 23, 2014
Ayrshire Scotland
Funster No
MH
Swift Kon-Tiki 640
Exp
Since 1964 Gosh that makes me feel old.
Hello & welcome.

Your the buyer, don't make the mistake of buying with your heart. Buy with your head & always follow your gut instincts. Your suspicious enough of this motorhome to ask questions. Damp test coming back dry or not, if it was me I'd walk away to look elsewhere & I suspect your thinking the same thing?

Jan 28, 2008
Dovercourt, Harwich, UK
Funster No
MH
Renalt burstner
Exp
7 years campers before that
what was the wall surface?carpet does tend to get blackish marks especially if theres any air movement through it i didnt seal some of the holes in the back pillars and they are showing black marks despite the voids being full of insulation

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
Is it this one by any chance? It seems to have some really weird marking on the wall above the side sofa to the right of the window!

Broken Link Removed

Jan 10, 2013
Near Uttoxeter and Crete
Funster No
MH
Warwick XL PVC
Exp
Still trucking and learning
welcome animated smiley.gif

Cal54

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 25, 2014
Southport, UK
Funster No
MH
Leisuredrive Renoir
Exp
Since 1996
@rubi , welcome to Funsters. Dust my a**e! I'm with @Minxy Girl those marks on the wall look decidedly like damp patches! Having said that you could check out the wording of the warranty and tell the dealer that you will be having someone independant look at it and that you will reject/return the vehicle if the report isn't satisfactory. Make sure everything is in writing if you do go down this route.

I realise there ain't a huge number of vans with this layout on the market in our area but do be cautious. It's a lot of money and you don't want to be buying problems. Good luck.

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
Might be worth asking them to contact the previous owner and seeing what they have to say about the marks - it may simply be that they accidentally marked it themselves with something.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back