LIFE MEMBER
Oct 28, 2013
SW England
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
A few years now
This was really handy on our phones on our recent trip to Portugal - downloaded the map in advance with wifi then it worked offline using GPS(y) Great for walking when off the beaten track to see where you are in relation to civilization! https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.mapswithme.maps.pro
Description
Get instant access to detailed maps of all countries from anywhere in the world! No internet connection is required.

↪︎ ROUTING IS OUT ↩︎
Get driving directions from your current location to any spot on a single map.

➣ Over 14M downloads worldwide.
➣ TOP 1 mobile travel app in more than 100 countries.
➣ Featured in Forbes, TechCrunch and Washington Post.

Optimised for your phone and tablet (even without 3G).

ROUTING. Receive map directions to a specific location. Never get lost again with GPS navigation.

WORKS EVERYWHERE. Download any map for free. Useful at home and essential for travel with 345 countries and islands covered. Paris, France? Check. Amsterdam, Netherlands? Check. Barcelona, Spain? Check. New York, USA? Check! Rome, Italy? Check. London, UK? Check. Pare-Pare? Yeah, that’s Indonesia. Check!

HIGHLY DETAILED. Offline maps just got better! There’s millions of points-of-interest (POI) to discover: search for restaurants, tourist attractions and destinations, gas/petrol stations, ATM machines, metro/ subway stations and more. Up-to-date map data is added daily by map users worldwide – www.openstreetmap.org – open-source alternative to Google Maps/GMaps and MapQuest.

NO INTERNET NEEDED. Maps work when no internet connection is available. Forget about roaming charges when travelling abroad.

INCREDIBLY FAST. One of the fastest offline maps ever. Displays map when others don’t. Innovative map data compression makes MAPS.ME offline maps remarkably small. Save memory on your device.

FEATURES
➣ Bookmarks of places. Create and import/export from other maps for easy access anytime. KML/KMZ files are supported.
➣ Offline search. Locate everything you need on the maps and use it as a travel guide!
➣ Location-sharing. Let your friends and family know where you are! Send a pin of any place on the map via email or SMS.
➣ Auto-follow mode. When enabled, the map automatically orients itself to the direction you are moving.

If you have any questions, contact us at: android@maps.me. We respond to every enquiry.

Follow us!
Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/mapswithme
Google+: http://plus.google.com/116069636493953875937
Twitter: @MAPS_ME

Reactions: Jim

Armytwowheels

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 10, 2012
Market Harborough
Funster No
MH
Carthago S Plus - Iveco
Exp
Since 2011
Many of these years Moroccan Gang can vouch for this most excellent app. We used it extensively to navigate Morocco and now Portugal. It also kept us roughly on the right track the other day when we took the mountain bikes out for a bit of the rough stuff.

cruiser

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 12, 2012
northampton
Funster No
MH
coach built elddis 400
Exp
since 1978
thanks for that one more for my little black book

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

bernardfeay

Free Member
Nov 18, 2009
Bolton
Funster No
MH
hymer exsis
Exp
10 years
I used to have maps_me and I told my pal how good it was. He showed me his OsmAnd+ and changed my mind. OsmAnd+ seems to have just that bit more detail and does just that bit more menu wise.

OP
OP
Wombles

Wombles

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 28, 2013
SW England
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
A few years now

bernardfeay

Free Member
Nov 18, 2009
Bolton
Funster No
MH
hymer exsis
Exp
10 years
For sure, buy the pro version. It takes a bit of fiddling to be sure you have downloaded what you intended to download. You have to zoom in and out until the bits you have not downloaded stay white instead of turning green. (If any of that makes sense.)

suavecarve

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 18, 2009
Surrey/Hants
Funster No
MH
Rollerteam 685
Exp
July 09
I ve gone with the maps_me, the free one. I havent bothered checking out OSMAND on the basis it will cost me a pint of bitter in Surrey but boy is that going to be a life saver when abroad. I m impressed so loaded it on to all phones and tablets.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back