Jul 26, 2015
Devon
Funster No
MH
Hymer
Exp
since 1999
Good afternoon everybody.
Ive been looking at getting the hose for the gas bottles that has a handwheel on it so no tools required.
I think it will make the changeover a little easier.
Has anyone got this and can reccommend.
Many thanks.

Apr 9, 2014
Lincs
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
We always found the hand wheel hose connectors easier to use, seemed to go on easier and make better connection, but we were never able to find one with the Truma rupture protection () and this seemed more important. On our first van the pigtail from the regulator to the bottle used a handwheel on the second it had the rupture connector but no handwheel and often required a spanner. Never had a problem with the handwheel connector, but the 2nd was sometimes a pig to get off and often the seal was not as good, we even replaced it thinking it was faulty somehow, we now have an underslung tank much easier.

WynandJean

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 23, 2010
West Midlands
Funster No
MH
Bailey Autograph 682
Exp
Since 2010
Yes. A while back it was brought to my attention that my gas connection (pigtail) had passed it's expiry date (stamped on it) and replaced it with a steel one which lasts 25 years and has the handwheel. Better than messing with spanners.

Wyn

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

jollyrodger

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 1, 2012
Devon/Cornwall
Funster No
MH
'Obby
Exp
Since 1968'ish
Have the thumb wheel with adapter French/ German thread to propane .on pigtail to French regulator.works well for me

Zigisla

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 24, 2015
Gosport, Hants
Funster No
MH
Sunlight A72
Exp
Getting better month by month.
Used to use the hand wheel all the time for ease, but just changed over to a pressure relief v/v type, so back to spanners. :( The calor is only a back up for the Gaslow, so hopefully very rarely needs changing.:)

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Jan 2, 2015
Cumbria
Funster No
MH
Burstner Solano t725
Exp
since 2014
Is this the sort of thing you are after?
If so you need to look for 'Easyfit or Easi-fit' in Galow products.

SandraL

Free Member
Jan 24, 2012
Somerset
Funster No
MH
Hymer b694sl
Exp
Since 2012 + Caravanner for 20+ years
The rubber pol nose on the handwheel ones does make a good seal. BUT if it is not connected they seem to perish within a year. I had a regulator not in use so not connected and it had many small cracks in it after 12 months. Cant remember make so maybe poor quality. I did manage to buy replacement nose though.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back