Handwheel propane hose??

Discussion in 'Motorhome Chat' started by bluesurf989, Jul 10, 2016.

1. bluesurf989

bluesurf989 Funster

Good afternoon everybody.
    Ive been looking at getting the hose for the gas bottles that has a handwheel on it so no tools required.
    I think it will make the changeover a little easier.
    Has anyone got this and can reccommend.
    Many thanks.

2. Neilfg

Neilfg Funster

We always found the hand wheel hose connectors easier to use, seemed to go on easier and make better connection, but we were never able to find one with the Truma rupture protection (High-pressure hoses with hose rupture protection) and this seemed more important. On our first van the pigtail from the regulator to the bottle used a handwheel on the second it had the rupture connector but no handwheel and often required a spanner. Never had a problem with the handwheel connector, but the 2nd was sometimes a pig to get off and often the seal was not as good, we even replaced it thinking it was faulty somehow, we now have an underslung tank much easier.

3. WynandJean

WynandJean Funster

Yes. A while back it was brought to my attention that my gas connection (pigtail) had passed it's expiry date (stamped on it) and replaced it with a steel one which lasts 25 years and has the handwheel. Better than messing with spanners.

Wyn

4. jollyrodger

jollyrodger Funster Life Member

Have the thumb wheel with adapter French/ German thread to propane .on pigtail to French regulator.works well for me

5. bluesurf989

bluesurf989 Funster

Ideal. Thank you(y) Ill order one..

6. Zigisla

Zigisla Funster

Used to use the hand wheel all the time for ease, but just changed over to a pressure relief v/v type, so back to spanners. :( The calor is only a back up for the Gaslow, so hopefully very rarely needs changing.:)

7. namwaldog

namwaldog Funster

8. SandraL

SandraL Funster

The rubber pol nose on the handwheel ones does make a good seal. BUT if it is not connected they seem to perish within a year. I had a regulator not in use so not connected and it had many small cracks in it after 12 months. Cant remember make so maybe poor quality. I did manage to buy replacement nose though.