mjltigger

Free Member
Nov 12, 2014
Trowbridge
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Dakota Max
Exp
Oh you live on a busy school run road then ? The drivers are often looking at the children on the way to school and then peering down on the way back, clearly checking the 'fone for missed calls and messages.
I reckon that "holding" the converation is as bad as "holding" the 'fone. I'm sure we have all seen drivers waving their arms around. Some are so engrossed it's as if they are face to face with that person.
I get my wife to take my calls but then I listen intently as she passes the message and I reply. It really is as bad as taking the call personally.
Why my holier than thou attitude? I got nicked for using 'fone 6 years ago, my insurance went up, I was too ashamed to tell wife and never have, and had a few close shaves as well.

I see this but also with 4 kids at home I know they are significantly more distracting than the phone. The phone I can ignore if I'm mid manoeuvre and I have a steering wheel button to end any call that is going to distract me from driving.. the kids always choose the middle of a 4 wheel skid on black ice to tell you their homework is due in today and they've lost it ....

Mar 23, 2012
sleights
Funster No
MH
c class
Exp
Perhaps the way forward is the phone detector and the law to say all phones have to be switched off in the car then no arguments

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back