Hand held vacuum cleaner for motorhome (1 Viewer)

OP
OP
peterc10
Jul 5, 2013
Tunbridge Wells, Tunbridge Wells, UK
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Since 2013
Thanks everybody for all of the help. I ended up buying the Black & Decker shown in Post 25 above. Got it from Amazon, which was the cheapest by far (half the price of B&Q). And free delivery because I am a Prime member. Ordered at 6pm yesterday evening and it arrived just before 11 this morning (Saturday). Now that is what I call a fast service.

Haven't tried it yet (SWMBO has given me other jobs to do) so hope it will be OK. If not I can always blame David & Ginny :D

O

Old Soldier

Deleted User
Your going to need a new head when she sees this luvvie 'cos she'll knock your off :LOL:

Could be right, used to putting my head in the firing line, so far she has missed!!
Good to hear you have made a choice Peter, best you try it out, then you can't be blamed if it fails to do the job. As for me, I keep well out of the way when Les is using ours! :whew:

OP
OP
peterc10
Jul 5, 2013
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Since 2013
Just an update. Had a quick go with the Black & Decker and it works just fine. Picks up the 10mm gravel from my drive that finds its way into the car. Obviously not as strong as a mains hoover, but I realised that. Comes in a neat storage bag and now packed in the motorhome ready for the off. Special thanks to David and Ginny and Jenny for their recommendation.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

sedge

Funster
Jul 7, 2009
Nr Jct 3 M6
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
Aug 09 to date 9,000 miles!
We already have a very good Miele vacuum cleaner at home (so my wife tells me :rolleyes:), so don't need another one for home thanks. Just looking for a small reasonable (up to £30 ish) one for the motorhome. Most of places we stop do not have EHUs hence the need for 12V one.

Has anybody used from Black & Decker? Or ?

Ours is that first one. It's ace. Like a normal house van do be careful to pick up eg discarded socks and underwear before you start ! seriously round the bed if the quilt happens to be hanging down a bit and I'm not directionally careful - it will try to swallow the thing starting with the very edge of its cover !

It has one drawback (if it has any drawbacks) - you do have to be careful to roll the cable back up flat against the reel - it's that dual core, side by side cable - else you can't get the hose to wrap round and go back in its bag neatly. We found in the Bessacar that the round 12v sockets in the rear of the van (ie anywhere that wasn't the cab) weren't rated high enough wattage to operate it so we had to plug it into the spare one or the fag lighter socket in the cab with the ignition on - the cable was plenty to stretch far enough in that. I think it probably would be in the Pilote we have now but in any case, the 12v sockets in the hab area are all higher rated like the cab - in fact that's how we know they are! One of us said, well I'll just try it in this one to see but I don't suppose it'll be any different - and to our surprise, it worked a treat.

We don't use it every day - we too have a dustpan and brush and if it's (say) gravel or you've spilled something just in one place, the old fashioned way is far far quicker.

We don't have a dog so I can't say how well it would work or how long the motor would last having to do that, especially if K9 is a moulter - but the suction is certainly good enough to cope. The nozzle shown with the brush, that brush hinges over so you could use it like that to get up most hairs you can see, rather tan the brush itself getting mega clogged in the first minute. Flip the brush back over to deal with dust and fine stuff up corners. It also has a crevice tool as an alternative.

We lent it people (that we liked LOL) on an aire in France, we were all inundated by blown sand - and found out like a year later next time we happened to see them (in Spain) - they'd been and bought themselves one they were so impressed.

Edit - didn't see you latest post before typing that screed !

OP
OP
peterc10
Jul 5, 2013
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Since 2013
Ours is that first one. It's ace. Like a normal house van do be careful to pick up eg discarded socks and underwear before you start ! seriously round the bed if the quilt happens to be hanging down a bit and I'm not directionally careful - it will try to swallow the thing starting with the very edge of its cover !

It has one drawback (if it has any drawbacks) - you do have to be careful to roll the cable back up flat against the reel - it's that dual core, side by side cable - else you can't get the hose to wrap round and go back in its bag neatly. We found in the Bessacar that the round 12v sockets in the rear of the van (ie anywhere that wasn't the cab) weren't rated high enough wattage to operate it so we had to plug it into the spare one or the fag lighter socket in the cab with the ignition on - the cable was plenty to stretch far enough in that. I think it probably would be in the Pilote we have now but in any case, the 12v sockets in the hab area are all higher rated like the cab - in fact that's how we know they are! One of us said, well I'll just try it in this one to see but I don't suppose it'll be any different - and to our surprise, it worked a treat.

We don't use it every day - we too have a dustpan and brush and if it's (say) gravel or you've spilled something just in one place, the old fashioned way is far far quicker.

We don't have a dog so I can't say how well it would work or how long the motor would last having to do that, especially if K9 is a moulter - but the suction is certainly good enough to cope. The nozzle shown with the brush, that brush hinges over so you could use it like that to get up most hairs you can see, rather tan the brush itself getting mega clogged in the first minute. Flip the brush back over to deal with dust and fine stuff up corners. It also has a crevice tool as an alternative.

We lent it people (that we liked LOL) on an aire in France, we were all inundated by blown sand - and found out like a year later next time we happened to see them (in Spain) - they'd been and bought themselves one they were so impressed.

Edit - didn't see you latest post before typing that screed !
Thanks Jenny. It works in the 12V sockets in the habitation area of our Adria. Know what you mean by the cable already. Can't get the plug into its holder unless all the cable is very tight. We don't have any dogs to worry about, just the normal muck us humans make.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back