hand controls

Discussion in 'Motorhomes for the Disabled' started by gluck, Feb 16, 2015.

1. gluck

gluck Read Only Funster

After a fruitless search for a s/hand automatic motorhome, because my co-driver has no left leg, we went to a motorhome show at NEC to get some ideas. Unfortunately none of the sales people could come up with any suggestions.

On the we home it occurred to us to buy set of hand controls which would give us the freedom to choose most of the vehicles meeting our specification.

At a cost of approximately £300 including fitting and instructions to my Autocruise Stargazer we were on our way. In the past three years we have visited ten countries and clocked up 14000 miles.

Having the handbrake on the right side caused a problem to begin with but this was soon overcome unless on a very steep hill which meant swapping drivers. We recently made two trips over The Alps without difficulty.

Two Grumpy Old Guys

Old Guys Rule _4437.jpg

• Like Like x 5
  2. Badknee

Badknee Funster

Well done, great story.

3. Bertie Bassett

Bertie Bassett Read Only Funster

Good on you both!(y)

Edit Where did you get the tea shirts gents..............I know an 'older' man who would wear one.............:sneaky:

Yeah OK I'm a large please:D

4. Debs

Debs Funster

What a great outcome for you :D

Everywhere! Les has a collection although I haven't seen the one which is being modelled ........will have to keep my eyes peeled (y)