Hammock up Front in an A Class

Discussion in 'American RV's' started by Jim, Jan 4, 2008.

1. Jim

Jim Ringleader

Has anyone ever made a hammock or stretcher style bed in the front cab area of an A class. There is plenty of room and 3 point seat belts tell me that at least half the frame is strong enough to hold my feather weight son. Anyone done it or thought of doing so?

2. artona

artona

Hi

One of our first motorhomes was a Bedford CF250 with a 4 birth pioneer mh. We had three children so we had to adapt it. We used a hammock across the two doors using metal u cups we bought from a DIY store and a stretcher hammock - two metal poles and material.

Our daughter Penny happily used it. Not an A Class but the same would work

stew

3. ruffingitsmoothly

ruffingitsmoothly Read Only Funster

Hi 3 of our earlier RVs 2 Pace Arrows and an Allegro had pull down beds over the front seats worked on a sort of cantilever system. Our boy slept up there quite happily fo many years.

Regards Pat

4. Tony Santara

Tony Santara Funster

Jim
    Why don't you fit a proper one i'm sure Linda can source one for you.
    Sounds a bit Heath Robinson a hammock not to mention he might fall out of it

5. Lindy-C

Lindy-C Deleted User

Not something I have come across on the aftermarket I'm afraid :Sad:

Suppose it wouldn't be hard to rig up so long as you know where the uprights run and James doesn't wriggle about in his sleep too much :Laughing:

The alternative would be to skip out the through locker at the back and chuck an airbed in, its got lights! :Rofl1:

6. Tony Santara

Tony Santara Funster

Coor Linda your getting slow this year nearly 2 hours :Laughing::Laughing:

7. Lindy-C

Lindy-C Deleted User

Sorry....got held up in the chatroom - 3 fellas plying me with drinks and I lost track of time, then had to cook dinner :Blush:

8. kands

kands Read Only Funster

Hi Jim
    Just a thought..... Althought the seat belt shoulder mounts will be strong enough to support the weight, don't forget that they are designed to be strong enough to prevent forward movement momentarily ie in a collision. I am not sure of the suitability of using these mounts for long term weight, as in a bed. Maybe you could consider making an additional mount, made of tubular steel, and standing them next to the seat belt mount, bolted to the floor on a plate?

Keith