LIFE MEMBER
Apr 24, 2009
Liverpool.
Funster No
MH
Fifth wheel.
Exp
Since 11-05-2000
Got myself one of those halogen ovens from Aldi yesterday.
What a super bit of kit,bought it for home but then realised how usfull it would be in the camper.Doesnt take up much room and as I have an imported camper there is no oven in it.
Got myself a recipe book to compliment it and am well impresed.
Was amazed at what you can cook in the thing,anything you can cook in a conventional oven can be cooked in one of these only quicker.
£29-99 if anyone is interested.

OP
OP
Snowbird

Snowbird

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 24, 2009
Liverpool.
Funster No
MH
Fifth wheel.
Exp
Since 11-05-2000
So it says on the box,but I dont believe everything I read on boxes:ROFLMAO:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

the stig

Funster
Oct 10, 2009
Grimsby
Funster No
MH
RV
Exp
Since 2009
funnily enough I bought one on sunday from Aldi with the very same thoughts in mind. Haven't read the books yet. only comment really is the weight, will have to see what can come out of MH, but also hoping it's a good bit of kit.

Andrea

Oct 15, 2007
Five Roads Alyth
Funster No
MH
A class RV
Exp
since 2005
Out of curiosity, ie what's a halogen oven I clicked RRs link, 5 minutes later I have my computer back and am still none the wiser, suspect to much on that web site for my old steam powered PC:Doh:

So, what's a halogen oven, why's it a good move, or not, keep it simple eh?:ROFLMAO:

OP
OP
Snowbird

Snowbird

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 24, 2009
Liverpool.
Funster No
MH
Fifth wheel.
Exp
Since 11-05-2000
Out of curiosity, ie what's a halogen oven I clicked RRs link, 5 minutes later I have my computer back and am still none the wiser, suspect to much on that web site for my old steam powered PC:Doh:

So, what's a halogen oven, why's it a good move, or not, keep it simple eh?:ROFLMAO:
I will answer as best I can,but am no expert as have only just got it.
You can use it just the same as a normal oven,but it cooks quicker.
It has a halogen lamp in the top of it,which gives out heat and is assisted with a fan.
Its about the same size as a big food mixing bowl,which it basicaly is with the lamp on top.
You can cook a whole chicken,joint of beef or even bake a cake in it.
Am going to have a go with a rack of lamb followed by cherry crumble tonight,so will let you know how I go on.
You can also use it as a grill,ie toast,bacon,sausages,steak.
I know a lot of RV owners dont get on well with American ovens and anyone who has a German import wont have an oven so I would imagine this thing could be quite a usefull piece of kit,and not somthing you would use once and hide it somwhere in a citchen cupboard.

the stig

Funster
Oct 10, 2009
Grimsby
Funster No
MH
RV
Exp
Since 2009
images

Brisey

Deceased RIP
Sep 4, 2007
Sutton on Sea
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 2003
SWMBO bought one today and is going to make use of it tonight. Will let you know how she gets on with it.

Brisey

Welsh girl

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 7, 2009
Funster No
MH
Globecar
Exp
Since 2004
We have a skillet which I make everything in and you can put it on a gas hob, which is great if you dont have electric.
We dont wild camp though so a halogen cooker would be useful but we dont have much room left for anything else, we have everything in the van!!! along with the kitchen sink lol:ROFLMAO:

scran

Free Member
Jan 22, 2008
washington
Funster No
MH
a class
Exp
havebeen thinking about gatting a one for a while my minds been made up now gonna get one

OP
OP
Snowbird

Snowbird

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 24, 2009
Liverpool.
Funster No
MH
Fifth wheel.
Exp
Since 11-05-2000
Take care when buying one that it comes with all the excessories.
Some dont,but the one from Aldi does.
Have now road tested it and can confirm it does what it says on the box.
Well pleased with it.Couldnt be simpler to use and easy clean.

Loujess

Free Member
Jan 10, 2010
Leeds UK
Funster No
MH
none
Exp
So come on - what did you cook? :Smile::Smile:

Ivy

OP
OP
Snowbird

Snowbird

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 24, 2009
Liverpool.
Funster No
MH
Fifth wheel.
Exp
Since 11-05-2000
So come on - what did you cook? :Smile::Smile:

Ivy
Rack of lamb with veg and roasties underneath the rack, quick wipe round then whilst eating the main course put a black cherry crumble in,was cooked whilst we ate the lamb.
Perfec.

Jun 30, 2010
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
1992 VW Auto sleeper Mono
Exp
Since 2005 this time
So it says on the box,but I dont believe everything I read on boxes:ROFLMAO:

When all else fails, read the instructions!

Never owned one, but did have a Pork roast cooked in one by a friend, it literally melted in the mouth! As you say a great piece of kit!

Free Member
Dec 3, 2009
surrey
Funster No
MH
hymer A class
Exp
since 2010
can anyone tells me which should I buy for the MH the halogen oven or a microwave oven Both appear to do the same job Thanks

Apr 29, 2009
West Yorkshire...Halifax
Funster No
MH
Vanless....BUT....!!!!
Exp
Since 2007
Microwave or halogen...personally I'd say Halogen as there is more versatility..the thing is with a microwave the start up wattage may be double what it says on the appliance..so when on EHU you could trip it..and that ain't good for morale..In a halogen you can cook things wrapped in tin foil and that can't be done in a microwave

OP
OP
Snowbird

Snowbird

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 24, 2009
Liverpool.
Funster No
MH
Fifth wheel.
Exp
Since 11-05-2000
can anyone tells me which should I buy for the MH the halogen oven or a microwave oven Both appear to do the same job Thanks
The halogen browns what your cooking perfectly and even roast spuds look right as well as taste right.
I have one of the all singing all dancing microwaves with spit roaster and it can also be used as a conventional oven but never seem to get the timing right.The halogen is much better and you can watch what your cooking or baking as it cooks.

Free Member
Dec 3, 2009
surrey
Funster No
MH
hymer A class
Exp
since 2010
The halogen browns what your cooking perfectly and even roast spuds look right as well as taste right.
I have one of the all singing all dancing microwaves with spit roaster and it can also be used as a conventional oven but never seem to get the timing right.The halogen is much better and you can watch what your cooking or baking as it cooks.

well thanks that really convinced me trip to aldi tomorrow, hope it is still in stock.

Jun 2, 2010
Flintshire
Funster No
MH
Low profile
Exp
since 2010
I bought one today with fingers crossed that it would fit inside my M/H oven, got home took the racks out of the oven and it fits in with the lid inverted into the cooking bowl for storage. This is great, far more versatile than the gas oven and I can leave the oven racks at home and not be bothered by the rattling of them in transit!! :thumb::thumb:

Simba

Free Member
May 17, 2010
Basildon, Essex. UK
Funster No
MH
Gone back to tugging
Exp
Since 2009-2013
I Live in essex and local shop sold out within half hour on Sunday and there is none in that region, phoned head office and they wont transfer to shop from region to region

imprint

Free Member
Jul 14, 2009
Funster No
'Twas on the Senior Partner's shopping list, but we're still iced in!!

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back