Halogen mini ovens

Discussion in 'Motorhome Chat' started by Greenacres, Mar 1, 2014.

1. Greenacres

Greenacres Funster

Has anyone found a Halogen oven which they would recommend please?
    Remoska seem very expensive.

2. Minxy Girl

Minxy Girl Funster Life Member

there's some info on halogen ovens on the following threads which might be of interest, especially the last one where I give info on what sizes are available:

Halogen 1

Halogen 2

Halogen 3

As for the remoska - they are extortionate! Tefal do their own version called a 'roast and bake' for a lot less, some new ones on Ebay:

Tefal Roast Bake

3. pappajohn

pappajohn Funster Life Member

the difference between the Ramoska and the Tefal.............

Ramoska are made and tested individually by hand, the Tefal will be thrown together by an automated process.

4. Wombles

Wombles Funster

Nothing wrong with the Tefal - nicely made & works well & much cheaper than Remoska.

• Like Like x 1
  5. FULL TIMER

FULL TIMER Read Only Funster

6. ukbill

ukbill Funster

i agree with fulltimer the andrew james is a great piece of kit we have used ours for nearly everything and does great roast spuds also this 1 has a spare element from what i have been told some of the others you cant change the light so once thats gone so's the oven

7. Teasy2007

Teasy2007 Funster

We have a Halogen oven, cost £30 from a show.

It is the best thing we have bought, it is not only used for everything from toast to sunday joint, pizza to scones and cakes. You can cook yorkshire puddings and watch them rise!

Since we bought it our oven at home is redundant, and as we dont have an oven in the motorhome it is invaluable.

Our friend has the Remoska and the results are the same as ours, but at a fraction of the cost.

• Like Like x 1
  8. pamella

pamella Read Only Funster

i bought on e from b&m for £34.99.its an 11 litre making up to a 17 litre using the ring.its brilliant.we got it for the mh as we dont have an oven but i use it at home istead of putting my oven on.they are more economical apparently.they dont cook that much faster really but i cannot tell any difference between oven n this.roast potatoes are wonderful in there!

• Like Like x 1
  9. normanandsue

normanandsue Funster

Thanks just been to BM and they have 2 models for sale £34.99 and £39.99 on closer inspection neither came with a lid stand (if this does not matter then they are a good buy) so we went to Argos next door and bought from them, sadly though slightly dearer.

Norman

10. catspyjamas

catspyjamas Funster

Veggie help

I have toyed with buying a halogen oven over the past couple of months. However every review seems to stress how great roasts with accompanying veggies are. Unfortunately, I'm a vegetarian ! :Doh:

Can anyone tell me what benefit I could get from a halogen oven? Presumably baked potatoes would work ok, but what else?

11. maryanne

maryanne Funster

Remoska v halogen v Tefal

Hey guys, I maybe old fashioned but what's wrong with a pan on the gas? I can cook roasties, meat, veggies etc without the need of expensive modern contraptions! They only work on hook up anyway!

12. Rob and Val

Rob and Val Funster

Have a look at this book on Amazon: -
    http://www.amazon.co.uk/The-Halogen-Oven-Vegetarian-Cookbook/dp/1494372444/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1393865975&sr=8-1&keywords=halogen+vegetarian
    You can look inside the book before you buy and it gives an index of the recipes - lots to choose from e.g. Vegetable Lasagne, Vegetable Curry, Veggie Burger, Light Vegetable Pizza. Have I whetted your appetite?

P.S. It's much cheaper to buy the Kindle version.

13. pamella

pamella Read Only Funster

yes they are the ones.dont worry about the lid stand as when you lift up the handle to remove the lid the oven automatically cuts off.ive had no probs by putting it down on the glass worksaver.although the stands can be purchased on ebay if you really want one