Halifax pulling out of the pet insurance market (1 Viewer)

Welsh girl

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 7, 2009
Funster No
MH
Globecar
Exp
Since 2004
Further to the thread on banks accounts

I have had my pet insurance with halifax pet insurance (read LLoydstsb) and I want to close account with lloyds tsb as they have pulled out of the pet insurance market leaving me not being able to insure Susie my yorkie anymore as she has prexisting and ongoing conditions and as she is now 14 and a half years old no –one will insure her.
So I am going to change banks also, anyone know if Tesco is any good now they are a bank?
See link below

Link Removed

GJH

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 20, 2007
Acklam, Teesside, originally Glossop
Funster No
MH
None, now sold
Exp
2006 to 2022
I don't know anything about pet insurance but we've had buildings & contents insurance with Tesco for 3 or 4 years and the policy seems OK. We've stayed with them because they've always given a loyalty bonus to cover the premium increase when I've rung up to tell them we'll go elsewhere without one. Happily we've never had to claim so I don't know what their performance is on that score.

Edit now I've read the OP again.
I think that, as a bank, Tesco only offer savings accounts rather than current accounts so they may not suit your needs.

Geoffers

Free Member
May 13, 2011
Groby Leicester
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
This was on BBC watchdog the other night, go to their website and there is a report on this, plus a Halifax helpline. :Smile:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

slobadoberbob

Free Member
Jun 1, 2009
Kent, garden of England
Funster No
MH
Winnebago 23' something
Exp
25 years & counting
there is a case to be made

This was as said on BBC watchdog last week.. there is a strong case to be made re insurance taken out for 'life' owners of pets that took out a policy and relied on that statement should complain to the FSA.. they have a case. Compensation should and I suspect will have to be paid out by the Halifax ... Lloyds/TSB.. there is a contract in force...

I self ensure these days with Ezzie.... first year with Kennel Club (Norwich) £24.99 a months one claim and it went up to £30 a month then the next year it went up to £60 a month.. plus a £50 excess and 10% of the bill.. highway robbery.. cost more to insure Ezzie than the RV.. These days I pay the bill and I have been know to haggle with the vet.. been with them 22 years now.

Bob

DESCO

Free Member
Mar 11, 2009
London
Funster No
MH
low profile
Exp
18 years +12 years tugging
Have to agree with Bob on this.

We started self insuring our dogs years ago when we took on an elderly Poodle who we could not find an insurer who would take him on. We put the premium into an account for them and have done for years now.
It has worked for us including paying a bill for £7500 when one of our current dogs needed attention. we still have money left if needed, and nobody has made a profit from it.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back