Free Member
Aug 7, 2011
manchester
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
9 years motorhome / 10 years campervan
hi guys i have a £100 voucher to use up at halfords and i notice that they are advertising a tom tom xl for £80 and a xxl (5"version ) at £94 both cover western europe and have advanced lane thingy ! this will be my first sat nav and will be used mainly in the mh so can anyone advise on either of these or should i look at something else ? cheers garry

Sep 14, 2009
uffculm mid devon
Funster No
MH
swift royale 59
Exp
halfords sat nav

Hii Garry bought the XXL last year had a garmiin before but i think the tom tom is much better & the motorway green lines is very good it saves you getting caught in the middle cheers Rod

Jaws

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 26, 2008
Thetford Norfolk
Funster No
MH
C class, Chieftain
Exp
since 2006 ( I think ! )
I have been a Garmin nut for years but have to admit, the Tomtom Go Live one I have recently bought is a stonking bit of kit

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

hdvrod

Free Member
Dec 27, 2011
devon
Funster No
MH
coachbuilt
Exp
since jan 2011
Link Removed
When I buy another satnav it will be one of these.( Have garmin Zumo 660 at the mo which is waterproof so I can use it on my bike as well) But last year while touring France it took us down some roads not really suitable for the MH,this seems like the ideal solution.It can be had for £280.

micky drip

Free Member
Jul 4, 2012
mid wales
Funster No
MH
c class
Exp
5 years
I bought the XXL last year for around £150

It has performed well, I fully recommend it.

I asked the Halfords assistant how long the device I was about to buy had been in stock and did it have the latest maps. She was unable to answer either querie but explained that latest map could be downloaded for free on tinternet. I reluctantly accepted this and after agreeing a refund from the manager should this prove to be incorrect set off home to try said download.

Cut a long story short, it worked and we all lived happily ever after.:Smile:

OP
OP
G

greyman1

Free Member
Aug 7, 2011
manchester
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
9 years motorhome / 10 years campervan
thanks guys, it sounds like the xxl at £94 will do the job for me . no doubt i will be along at a later date for advice on downloading map updates etc so please bare with me !! ive survived with a road atlas and a good old a to z up til now but i think its time to take the plunge !!!! regards garry

Jun 2, 2010
Flintshire
Funster No
MH
Low profile
Exp
since 2010
There's an offer at John Lewis on line NOW, buy any Tom Tom and receive free map updates for life:thumb:

deisel doctor

Free Member
Jul 21, 2012
stowmarket
Funster No
MH
burstner
Exp
We have had the tomtom 750 go live ever since they came out and touch wood it has never let us down. All the updates are free i update prior to going on a trip.It also has bluetooth so you can pair your moble hands free and be legal.:thumb:There is a down load for m/h and carravans or you can buy the new one thats for trucks or carravans.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back