Halfords Aggro

Discussion in 'Motorhome Chat' started by feblake, Jun 11, 2010.

1. feblake

feblake Read Only Funster

Halfords Aggro,
    Has anyone had trouble with Halfords fitting service, I purchased a stero/satnav system for my new mercedes auto sleeper and had it fitted for free. a "Fully trained and qualified fitter" spent 6 hrs trying to fit it, damaged the smart wireing system and cobra alarm system, gave up and arranged for an independant fitting company to do the work. Fitter arrived a week later and fitted it within 1 hr.
    Halfords paid for the fitting but are iggnoring my claim for the repairs to my van, they will not even answer my letters. Might have to take them to court, anyone got other ideas.
    Regards Frank :cry:

2. spiritsfree

spiritsfree Read Only Funster

I would send them a final letter explaining that, "should you not here from them in 14 days", you will issue proceeding`s in a small claims court......and if you don`t get a reply, just take them to court. Hopefully you have photographic evidence to back up your claim..could be important.

Best of Luck,:thumb:

Geoff

3. feblake

Thanks Geoff,
    The cobra allarm engineer has done a written report for me.

4. chesterfield hooligan

chesterfield hooligan Funster

:Smile: Hi went to Halford's to have a Parrot hand's free fitted to my Merc car a idiot came out to fit it spent 2 hours trying to get the radio out, not having a clue did not come into it thick as pudding I had to stop him damaging my car. He did nothing but phone a friend in order to ask how to get the radio out, Never again :Smile:

5. Ant&Debs

Ant&Debs Read Only Funster

Halfords! Arrrgh

Went to Halfords to purchase a incar radio/dvd/mp3 system etc explained that my car was an american imported GMC pick up. No problem said the salesman we can fit anything. Cool. Made my choice of unit made an appointment for fitting 7 days later.

Arrived for fitting told to go around back guy came out took out nearly all the dashboard, buggered off for 20 mins, came back made a phone call then said sorry mate cant fit it i dont have the correct screwdriver!!!!! hmmmm then he said that we sell them(correct Screw Driver) in the store and would I like to buy one? errr No!

In that case we cant fit it. Would you like me to put your dash back together :Angry: Be rather nice if you could I said.

Sometimes you just yanna :shout:

6. motorvating

motorvating Read Only Funster

Look at Halford employees, they are very young people who generally do not one end of a car to another. What they do know has been taught in a class room, so when they come up against something out of the norm they are stumped.

Fitting a sterio/sat-nav is very easy if you have the know how, and I know this site and RVOC have members who can provide the know how.

7. atakd

atakd Read Only Funster

If you send a letter threatening legal action it can be a good idea to send a copy of completed court documents which you can fill in and print out free from Moneyclaim online:
    https://www.moneyclaim.gov.uk/web/mcol/welcome

This can help focus minds on resolving the problem.

Andy

8. Paulh

Paulh Read Only Funster

Sorry to hear of your woes, as well as a letter re. legal action, you can also tell them that you will speak to the media starting with a national paper, the Daily Mail would love it:Smile: That should shock "em into some action for you. Good luck PaulH.

9. frogijock

frogijock Funster

You could also try BBC Watchdog I'm sure dear old Ann Robinson would just love this

10. feblake

Hi All.

Many thanks for all replies. I am going on Friday and start court proceedings, will let know how I get on.

Regards Frank.

11. johnnerontheroad

johnnerontheroad Read Only Funster

12. georgio

georgio Read Only Funster

Evening all;

I nearly got a sat nav from halfords last weekbut could nt make my mind up I might have been very lucky.

georgio

13. tofo

tofo Funster

Take a video on your mobile or camera
    with a comentary of damageand how
    it was caused and send him a link to it
    they may become interested quickley

after seeing the YouTube clip

http://theinspirationroom.com/daily/2009/united-broke-my-guitar/
    about the airline that damaged
    the singers guitar

14. Welsh girl

Welsh girl Funster Life Member

I used to work in halfords as a cashier years ago now and they used to use boys out of school and work experience lads to assemble bikes and fix things like stereo's,into cars, that is the last place I would take mine to be fitted but the general public aren't to know this unfortunately!!

15. feblake

Hi Guys,

Good news, after the threat of legal action I finally had a phone call to say they would pay for the repairs. It seems that halfords policy on complaints is to ignore you and hope you go away. JUST BEWARE OF HALFORDS FITTING SERVICE.

Regards Frank

16. DiscoDave

DiscoDave Read Only Funster

sorry to hear of your troubles, hopefully your experience will alert others. It's great what effect the power of legal action promotes. Well done!

17. warwick

warwick Read Only Funster

Halfords are a bunch of kids, I would take their fitting service to mean plugging the Sat Nav into the cigarette lighter and pressing the suction pad on the windscreen. Half the main dealers technicians don`t understand automotive wiring.

18. DiscoDave

DiscoDave Read Only Funster

True but it suits me that way:Rofl1: