halelulejah (1 Viewer)

Sep 16, 2010
Bungay Suffolk
Funster No
MH
Autotrail TrackerEKS
Exp
Since 2010
We have only gorn and done it ! bought a 2007 compass avantgarde 120 low profile, so the endless poring over specs, types and sizes etc is over ! It is spotless thanks to fastidious first owners. We get it at the end of the month due to MOT, servicing, habitation check and fitting of awning and bike rack. Very excited but now thinking about size of gas bottles to get, water filling, winterising etc. Would love to chat with other owners of same type of van. Have been gleaning as much info from all you funsters as possible and became a member today. Ta Jim.

DESCO

Free Member
Mar 11, 2009
London
Funster No
MH
low profile
Exp
18 years +12 years tugging
Good to hear you have finally gorne and done it.

Hope everything works out OK.

Dave :thumb::thumb:

Mar 26, 2009
Yr Wyddgrug
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678DL
Exp
Since 2009
:welcomefunster:

Well done! (taking the plunge:thumb:)

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
MitchandJenny
Sep 16, 2010
Bungay Suffolk
Funster No
MH
Autotrail TrackerEKS
Exp
Since 2010
thanks folks

Ta much for the welcome, have just been out and sussed two 6Kg propane "LITE" gas bottles as we want to keep the weight of "must haves" to a minimum. They are only 4.5 Kg when MT and not the 9Kg. Must now resist buying ANYTHING else until I establish that we cant live without it. See, I have been listening to all your advice to each other. Just thinking about Comfort as an insurer as they have quoted 220 squid. Must check the details then jump. Any advice ?

Feb 18, 2009
Guisborough North Yorkshi
Funster No
MH
Malibu T410
Exp
Since August 2008
Welcome

Hi and Welcome- what a fantastic feeling it is when you get your first van, we have had ours 2 years now and look forward to every night we spend in her.
Regarding Insurance I also got a quote from Comfort, but they do not Insure your no claims bonus, so if you are using it from another vehicle take care.They also do not cover your motorhome when it is in the garage for any service, repairs etc.
You don,t say how old you are but try Saga (if over 50)
I am sure there will be a lot more sugestions along soon
Happy travelling
Sue

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
MitchandJenny
Sep 16, 2010
Bungay Suffolk
Funster No
MH
Autotrail TrackerEKS
Exp
Since 2010
insurance

Many thanks Vera. Its little details like that that can ruin your day.Will check. Mitch.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back