Free Member
Sep 6, 2014
Dover
Funster No
MH
Hymer ML I 580
Exp
4 years
Buy a speedo from Lockwood and get them to send direct to dealer to fit. First get dealer to take photo of speedo with lights on said:
This is going to add to the cost by a quite large amount especially if I then go abroad and need the others, I hate to think of the cost of a pair of headlamps NEW. suppose the new vans still have dial gauges not the digital, either way ones, on new cars

scouse272

Free Member
Nov 15, 2014
golborne
Funster No
MH
swift kontiki 645
Exp
go for the end lounge feet up watch telly 2 mins to make bed fall asleep in front of telly whats not to
like plus a cuddle

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Mr B

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 1, 2015
Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Rapido 7065ff Design Edit
Exp
Since 2015.......
There is one thing I would like to know do you need to change the headlight and speedo etc on arrival to left dip etc or are they euro flat nowadays without the tip up side beam.

I have to agree with judge (again :)).
Our newly imported A class Rapido has the 90mm Hella projector headlights. I spoke to the excellent team at Wokingham Rapido regards adjustment for the lights, and they kindly sent me a diagram of how to change the beam to suit our roads. Bought a instrument cluster (fiat) with a mph clock on, took it all apart and just changed the complete printed dial/rev counter/fuel/temp face. It cost £40 from a breakers yard. It's got two rear fogs, so no problem there.
Diagram of headlight adjustment
image.jpg

Sep 4, 2014
Putney, London
Funster No
MH
Still Just Looking :-(
Exp
Yip we have thought about that also. Having a custom made curtain to block out any drafts. Also internal and external silver screens. Will try all combinations to see what is best. Of course, heating on full power in July if required :rofl::rofl::rofl:
And you will need the heating on in July in Aberdeen ;-)
Good luck with the collection this weekend.

Allanm

Free Member
Jun 30, 2013
Cotes d'armor, France
Funster No
MH
Burstner Harmony TI 736 G
Exp
Since 1987
You can be there in back same day.....so how does your overtaking theory work in Europe ..presuming you have an interest in it!lol
Just the same as driving a lhd van in the UK, carefully!
But, when driving the van, I am on holiday, what's the point in rushing to get somewhere, you just spend another 10 minutes sitting down with a cold beer....
Wait....., maybe we should rush a bit.....
Allan

ABZSteve

Free Member
Banned
Jan 8, 2014
Aberdeen
Funster No
MH
2018, Apache 634 150 Auto
Exp
Since 2015
Cold cabs on Fiat/Peugot I think can be caused by draughts from the front cab pillars, try blocking them off from underneath the cab

Peter

Hi Peter thanks for the info. Any more details you can give on how to do this would be appreciated. Not that my cab will need this, it will be perfect ;)

Cheers,

Steve

Lenny HB

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 18, 2007
On the coast in West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678 DL
Exp
Since 2008 & many years tugging
I have to agree with judge (again :)).
Our newly imported A class Rapido has the 90mm Hella projector headlights. I spoke to the excellent team at Wokingham Rapido regards adjustment for the lights, and they kindly sent me a diagram of how to change the beam to suit our roads. Bought a instrument cluster (fiat) with a mph clock on, took it all apart and just changed the complete printed dial/rev counter/fuel/temp face. It cost £40 from a breakers yard. It's got two rear fogs, so no problem there.
Diagram of headlight adjustment
View attachment 56933
Even easier on newer vans no screws just flip a lever over, why bother going to a breaker when you can buy a new dial for £45, much better as there are at least 3 variants on an X250 not sure how many on an X290.

Lenny HB

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 18, 2007
On the coast in West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678 DL
Exp
Since 2008 & many years tugging
go for the end lounge feet up watch telly 2 mins to make bed fall asleep in front of telly whats not to
like plus a cuddle
Dreadful British hang over from caravans, why would you want to mess about making up a jigsaw of a bed and getting the the bedding out when you can just get into a fixed bed.
Wouldn't even consider a van without a fixed bed & fixed table, better things to do in life than put together beds and drag tables out of cupboards every time you want to use them.

Portland

Free Member
Oct 31, 2013
Conwy
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
20 years
I don't know if this has been mentioned in this post, but if you buy abroad and you have to change pounds into euro's don't use your bank as their exchange rate will be rubbish and they will charge for the service ( half price on line) use a money transfer service such as HiFx, better rates rates you see the rate as its sent and NO charge. Its also just as fast. I saved £1500 using HiFx. If you PM I will give more details.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back