haganap bring and buy success

Discussion in 'Rally Planning Discussion and Chat' started by hilldweller, Jun 20, 2009.

1. hilldweller

hilldweller Funster Life Member

Huge success. Thank you Paul.

What a fantastic location. What a success, we filled a field.

BUT two lightweights chickened out tonight, my head could not take another night of drinking with a load of scousers and papajohn - serious heavyweights - an early night in my own bed was called for.

I'm beginning to put faces to names, we look forwards to the next meet.

2. walburga

walburga Funster

We really fancied this meet, but my daughter wouldn't change the date of her wedding !!
    Selfish, or what ?
    We had to spend all day in the Pines Hotel, and all night drinking !

We'll try to attend the next one.

Allen

3. Family Guy

Family Guy Funster

thanks to paul and Nicki for a great fun packed weekend kids loved it di loved it even Jake loved it what a success and a big thank you to all the funsters to make it a smashing weekend looking forward to the next one:thumb:

4. lookback

lookback Read Only Funster

This was our first rally with the "Funsters" and we enjoyed every minute!. Well done Paul and Nikki for all they hard work they put into it. Will there be a repeat:Smile:

Ian and Eileen

5. Losos

Losos Read Only Funster

Well I couldn't make as I'n not even in England right now but I'm so glad it was a success. Paul & Nikki need to be congratulated on even thinking about this never mind actually organising it, and remember these things do take quite a bit of 'organising' :BigGrin:

I don't know if they will do another this year but I'm putting my name down now for 2010 and hope to meet you all there.

6. Red Sonja

Red Sonja Funster

Well done the Haganaps:thumb:
    We would have liked to have come but as we are away on Tuesday couldnt make it. Kevin has had a list of jobs and he has just finished them. I bet he would have rather been in the funsters beer tent with PappaJohn.

Maybe next year.

Sonja

7. wasp

wasp Funster

Hi and thanks Paul and Nicki I did enjoy the weekend although on me own as SWMBO was in Oz so I felt a bit like a fish out of water, any way a really nice venue had a walk down the village and up the canal, the bring and buy was rather good. Well Done to you both for an excellent meet!!!!!!!
    Did you buy the satelite off the bloke parked behind you I looked at it but no price on so missed it :Rofl1::Rofl1::Rofl1::Rofl1::Rofl1::Rofl1::Rofl1:

8. Cavendish

Cavendish Read Only Funster

Thanks everyone for a great weekend. special thanks to the haganaps for organising things.

We had a great weekend and the girls didn't want to come home. Even managed to get rid of some of my junk, err I mean merchandise.:BigGrin:

Last edited: Jun 21, 2009
  9. pappajohn

pappajohn Funster Life Member

another great meet as was expected thanks to Paul and Nikki and for the awning erecting/ dismantling advise......and i use the word advise very loosely:BigGrin:

got home around 6pm and still trying to figure out how i still had a bike ramp when the tiedown strap had snapped somewhere on the motorway :Eeek:

thanks for the accolade Brian(hilldweller) but i blame patrick and the scousers.....i was ready for me bed at 9pm but they wouldnt let me go:Blush: and i felt obliged to stay:Doh:

nice to see all the old faces and put a face to some new names as well.
    a pity Tony and Ruth only had a flying visit but theres always the next one.

long may it continue:thumb:

10. RuthRv

RuthRv Read Only Funster

:clap::clap::clap::clap:Well done the haganaps for organising this meet, we were really gutted that we couldnt come to the whole meet, but very pleased that we came over and spent a few hours with the funsters, and thanks for feeding us:Smile: (pammy's chips are to die for trust me) but then so were the burgers, sausages, chops need I go on and yes I even managed to buy something after the b& b had well ended, :Rofl1:

Paul and the clan were so successful with this meet they have to do another one:BigGrin:

great to meet new faces too, a good time was had by one and all.

ruth and tony

11. staging lady

staging lady Funster

Well done Paul and Nickii for organising the weekend. We were gutted we didn't have our MH to stay in. Thanks to all the gang who made us welcome when we drove over in the afternoon. Your welcome made up for a disappointing week!
    Would have stayed longer but I got cold walking around- lightweight, I'm afraid!
    Dave & Lucille

12. JaG

JaG Funster

Brilliant weekend

Big thank you to Paul & Nikki for a fab weekend. The atmosphere and friendship was the best yet and the bar-b-que was superb, especially Suzy's home made burgers! Watch out for George's newly aquired lighting unit. When the Red & Blue light shows - don't go a knocking. He is now the proud owner of our old main room light, which has an interesting history, to say the least.
    We made lots of new friends and really felt at home, so much so that Jean is looking at an RV!! We may have had the smallest van there but we came back loaded up with table top sale goodies.
    See you all at Morecambe as we have a full schedule between now and then.
    Best wishes
    Graham & Jean

13. ehuplad

ehuplad Read Only Funster

Just like to add our thanks to Paul and Nikki, Great weekend, location and company :thumb::thumb::thumb:

14. Suzy

Suzy Funster

I had a great time, many thanks to Paul and Nikki for organising it. Thanks to everyone else who made it the success it was. It was great to see so many new faces, not forgetting MikeH who joined and visited on Sunday.

Didn't sell as much as I had hoped but bought plenty anyway whilst Bryan was trying to sell I was out buying!

Had a great Sunday lunch in the pub, would recommend it to anyone.

Paul we are already looking forward to the next one, get it in the calendar now before you change your mind :BigGrin:

15. Geo

Geo Trader - Funster

A very well organised meet from Paul and Nicky, well done to you both
    It must hold the biggest meet record for a non motor home show meet so far:thumb:
    I was particularly impressed with the Valet parking service Paul set up, you just throw him your keys and go to the pub and when you come out out your RV was parked up ready facing the gate:RollEyes: nice to have that personal touch,
    Seeing as it was an amateur bring and buy meet I was surprised to find a "professional" market trader in attendance:Cool:, complete with the spiel, price tickets, bargain stars etc etc, all that was missing was the Arkwright till and Ebeneezer Scrooge outfit.
    I wont mention names, because "BRIAN" (Admin) is a mate, and mates don't do that do they:Rofl1:
    On the buying side ,many may not agree, but I think I made the purchase of the meet, a Japanese pimp my ride chandelier that go's from a normal white light at the flick of a switch to a very seductive red and blue mood light:Eeek:, removed from Vulcans imported pimp mobile in favour of a standard florecent light, I was selling tickets to view the newly fitted lamp on Satuerday night and recoverd the cost in 5 mins and am now in profit. did ya see that Brian PROFIT!!!!!!!!:BigGrin:
    all in all an excellent venue and great hosts, not forgetting the landlord and site owner, nothing was too much trouble,
    great to see more familys in attendance too and all the kids having a ball, you know their having fun when the adults go to bed first:Rofl1::Rofl1::Rofl1:
    Thanks again
    Geo

16. Geo

Geo Trader - Funster

no one else:cry:

17. haganap

haganap Funster Life Member

Sorry Geo, I know you let me drive the bus and that but I can't let other funsters not see your purchase of the year.

18. hilldweller

hilldweller Funster Life Member

Blinging heck.

19. Road Runner

Road Runner Read Only Funster

I and others replied on the original thread so two going in tandem:Wink:

Brilliant sums it up though:thumb:

Hagger's done good:coolthumb:

Last edited: Jun 23, 2009
  20. runrig

runrig Funster Life Member

Hi mPaul & Nicki
    Have posted on another thread but would like to say a big thank you for a great meet, the grandkids thoroughly enjoyed it with harley, chelsea, aaron and all the other kids there, we never saw them for the 3 days we were there except to eat & sleep, good job we gave all the kids glow sticks so at least we could see them in the dark.
    It was also good to catch up with old friends and make new ones thanks again :thumb:
    Sheila & Mick xx