Had to wait 20yrs to get the motorhome .Hymer E690, (1 Viewer)

Jul 1, 2016
Surrey
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
We fell in love with the van, Life got in the way ,so 20yrs later we are almost ready to roll. Got the van, few bits need doing before we play .engineer coming this week.Then playtime, unfortutunatly will still have to work.Governent moved the goal post. I imported my husband from Glasgow, and my children came the same way as my husband......secondhand .I adore them all. Beautiful grandkids that are probably still young enough to want to come with us.
Like baking cook most things from scratch,through necessity more than choice.
Have 2 lovely Dogs ,Rene and Rusty. Obviously my opinion of the dogs is totally biased .
Looking foward to meeting,chatting picking your brains and joining you on our newest learning curve.

JockandRita

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 2, 2007
Lincs/Cambs border
Funster No
MH
N+B Flair 8000i
Exp
Since May 05 (Ex Tuggers).
Welcome GeorgeandJulie. :)

We too own an E690, our first MH and are in year twelve with "her" now. The layout is smashing, and is the envy of most who have seen it. As with everything, there has to be a compromise, and for us, it's not having a separate toilet and shower.

We've very recently had ours re plated to 5.5T GVW, with a GTW of 6.5T. This is much better than the original 4.5T and 5.2T respectively.
If needed, you could re plate to 5T GVW without having to do a thing to the vehicle. This is due to the higher carrying capacity of the tandem rear axles.

Enjoy your new (to you) Hymer. (y)

Jock & Rita. :)

OP
OP
GeorgeandJulie
Jul 1, 2016
Surrey
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Thank you all for such an amazing welcome :)
Feeling all toasty now.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Rob and Val

Free Member
Oct 17, 2010
Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
Talbot Compass Calypso
Exp
Since July 2010
Hi.gif