Had to log in again .. has it migrated over (1 Viewer)

Wizbangs

Free Member
Nov 8, 2011
MK, UK
Funster No
MH
AS Burford Duo
Exp
Four years
Ezzie is a star.

I just did a google search for Winnebago Aspect images and got a piccie of Ezzie! Yay. :Smile:

OP
OP
slobadoberbob

slobadoberbob

Free Member
Jun 1, 2009
Kent, garden of England
Funster No
MH
Winnebago 23' something
Exp
25 years & counting
Mary Wizbangs... if you.....

I just did a google search for Winnebago Aspect images and got a piccie of Ezzie! Yay. :Smile:

Morning Mary... if you go to the bottom of this page you will see a link in red.. click it.. let it load and you will see an actual picture of my RV.... yes it is Winnebago.. and no it is not a YANK TANK as JIM called it. Being a newish member you will not know that JIM owned a YANK TANK as he calls them up to last year... he then went native and purchased of all things a HYMER:Sad::Sad:

As Jim says it is often just banter... you can count on Chris Green / Buttons / Treacle and a few others of the same kind being involved... on the other side on the high ground you of course find myself, Geo, Super Mike a d few others that have better taste.:Cool:

You have seen my list... but that is just a start of what an RV has... OK the argument / debate has gone on for as long as I have been a member of this site... it can be a spitting contests at times.. but we do not take it to serious... The only issue us American / Yank /RV owners have is the outrageous claims by BUTTONs for the mileage his VW does ... I think it is around 99 miles to the gallon theses days with holes in the floor to run the thing a long like a Flintstones car.. and I hear he as wooden wheels as well:winky: OK I lie....

All good lawyers, deny it.... demand proof, and if all else fails we put spin on it or down right lie.:thumb:

Not all yanks are big.. yes some have 40' 16 ton rigs and are monsters and can in effect take them not to many places as the size limits there general use... would I have one? yes. Can I afford to run one... NO.

My Winnebago is 23'9" long it has a slide out and for me is great... it does 14 to 15 mph even when hauling the trailer...

ADVERT::::::::: the trailer is for sale Brian James 2,600 kgs 14' bed fully loaded with winch and working lights little used.. just over a year old... costs over £3k new these days... one £1850... p.m. me

ADVERT:::::::::: The winnebago is up for sale also from end of June we are changing it to meet my disabled needs..... again p.m. .. goes fully load as is... that means everything on it...

But Mary do not worry about the banter to much, we do get on well... and Chris Green very cleverly laid a trap for me yesterday and I still walked in to it.:Blush:

Bob:Eeek:

Aug 27, 2009
Hertfordshire
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
40 years
Morning Mary... if you go to the bottom of this page you will see a link in red.. click it.. let it load and you will see an actual picture of my RV.... yes it is Winnebago.. and no it is not a YANK TANK as JIM called it. Being a newish member you will not know that JIM owned a YANK TANK as he calls them up to last year... he then went native and purchased of all things a HYMER:Sad::Sad:

As Jim says it is often just banter... you can count on Chris Green / Buttons / Treacle and a few others of the same kind being involved... on the other side on the high ground you of course find myself, Geo, Super Mike a d few others that have better taste.:Cool:

You have seen my list... but that is just a start of what an RV has... OK the argument / debate has gone on for as long as I have been a member of this site... it can be a spitting contests at times.. but we do not take it to serious... The only issue us American / Yank /RV owners have is the outrageous claims by BUTTONs for the mileage his VW does ... I think it is around 99 miles to the gallon theses days with holes in the floor to run the thing a long like a Flintstones car.. and I hear he as wooden wheels as well:winky: OK I lie....

All good lawyers, deny it.... demand proof, and if all else fails we put spin on it or down right lie.:thumb:

Not all yanks are big.. yes some have 40' 16 ton rigs and are monsters and can in effect take them not to many places as the size limits there general use... would I have one? yes. Can I afford to run one... NO.

My Winnebago is 23'9" long it has a slide out and for me is great... it does 14 to 15 mph even when hauling the trailer...

ADVERT::::::::: the trailer is for sale Brian James 2,600 kgs [HI]14' bed[/HI] fully loaded with winch and working lights little used.. just over a year old... costs over £3k new these days... one £1850... p.m. me

ADVERT:::::::::: The winnebago is up for sale also from end of June we are changing it to meet my disabled needs..... again p.m. .. goes fully load as is... that means everything on it...

But Mary do not worry about the banter to much, we do get on well... and Chris Green very cleverly laid a trap for me yesterday and I still walked in to it.:Blush:

Bob:Eeek:
Where on earth do you get a duvet for that?:roflmto:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Wizbangs

Free Member
Nov 8, 2011
MK, UK
Funster No
MH
AS Burford Duo
Exp
Four years
Banter

I was brought up on banter. :Smile: No probs for me. :ROFLMAO:

So Bob, what are you thinking of getting next, after your Aspect? Btw, I looked at a Hymer too, but its a heck of a drop off the bed for the shih-tzus. :Sad:

OP
OP
slobadoberbob

slobadoberbob

Free Member
Jun 1, 2009
Kent, garden of England
Funster No
MH
Winnebago 23' something
Exp
25 years & counting
what next that is the question

I was brought up on banter. :Smile: No probs for me. :ROFLMAO:

So Bob, what are you thinking of getting next, after your Aspect? Btw, I looked at a Hymer too, but its a heck of a drop off the bed for the shih-tzus. :Sad:

We have a couple of ideas...

One way may be a toy hauler with a lift at the rear rather than a ramp.. that way we can carry the scooters or power chair or even a quad bike... saves having to pull the trailer and take the car... but it is the scooters / power wheelchair that is the main issue.

Have spoken to Eddie of VanBitz how we will have a couple of inverters installed.. one for habitation use and one to recharge batteries on the scooters and power chair... a few issues but that is one way... using a similar Ford to the one we have now with the E450 chassis rather than the E350.

We are also looking at a fiver and also a day van (to carry the scooters etc.,) and an Airstream trailer or a similar one we saw at Shepton last year (we went on to one we liked)..

The other option is for a bigger RV and have a garage facility... but that works out mega bucks.

But step one is the trailer to go as soon as we come back from France. We still have the smaller wheelchair trailer in the garage and we will use that until the Winnebago finds a new home. But we have decided the RV goes up for sale from the end of June as well... may take some time to sort it, but we are not in a hurry.

We have looked at a toy hauler that may meet our requirements, but it is a private sale... so hence the Winnebago has to go first. Do not have room for two RV's here.

Bob

Aug 27, 2009
Hertfordshire
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
40 years
We have a couple of ideas...

One way may be a toy hauler with a lift at the rear rather than a ramp.. that way we can carry the scooters or power chair or even a quad bike... saves having to pull the trailer and take the car... but it is the scooters / power wheelchair that is the main issue.

Have spoken to Eddie of VanBitz how we will have a couple of inverters installed.. one for habitation use and one to recharge batteries on the scooters and power chair... a few issues but that is one way... using a similar Ford to the one we have now with the E450 chassis rather than the E350.

We are also looking at a fiver and also a day van (to carry the scooters etc.,) and an Airstream trailer or a similar one we saw at Shepton last year (we went on to one we liked)..

The other option is for a bigger RV and have a garage facility... but that works out mega bucks.

But step one is the trailer to go as soon as we come back from France. We still have the smaller wheelchair trailer in the garage and we will use that until the Winnebago finds a new home. But we have decided the RV goes up for sale from the end of June as well... may take some time to sort it, but we are not in a hurry.

We have looked at a toy hauler that may meet our requirements, but it is a private sale... so hence the Winnebago has to go first. Do not have room for two RV's here.

Bob
Could I ask a really dumb question, what is a toy hauler.:Blush:

OP
OP
slobadoberbob

slobadoberbob

Free Member
Jun 1, 2009
Kent, garden of England
Funster No
MH
Winnebago 23' something
Exp
25 years & counting
Toy Hauler is....

Could I ask a really dumb question, what is a toy hauler.:Blush:

Thank you Buttons... it is 'an American thing' the front end looks just like my RV as it is now... but at the back it has an opening door.. dollar shutter or another form of entrance.. some have long ramps and others have platform lifts like you see on the back of various trucks.... they are used a lot by racing people.. or motor bike racers / go kart racers etc.,

The back is normal all checker plated out and there is a door back in to the normal RV.. often there are beds that drop down from sides for extra accommodation... a hatch in the roof and a ladder so you can sit and watch the race... But it is the garage compartment and the lift that is what we want. Means I can drive the scooter on tot he platform and it will then rise up to the deck height and I can park it in side .. fix it, so it does not move about and as Eddie suggested have extra cupboards / storage fixed in side.. plus the charging equipment.

They come in lots of lengths.. so they could carry all our needs and perhaps a quad bike .... it is high on the consideration list. A few legalities like the class of MOT test.. weight is not an issue.. size is.. so we have a lot of research to do.. but I do have one in mind... but as I say need to sell the Winnebago first.

Hope that explains a toy hauler... hence motor bikes or quads etc., allows all those toys to be carried and a normal RV to live in.

Bob

Aug 27, 2009
Hertfordshire
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
40 years
Thank you Buttons... it is 'an American thing' the front end looks just like my RV as it is now... but at the back it has an opening door.. dollar shutter or another form of entrance.. some have long ramps and others have platform lifts like you see on the back of various trucks.... they are used a lot by racing people.. or motor bike racers / go kart racers etc.,
The back is normal all checker plated out and there is a door back in to the normal RV.. often there are beds that drop down from sides for extra accommodation... a hatch in the roof and a ladder so you can sit and watch the race... But it is the garage compartment and the lift that is what we want. Means I can drive the scooter on tot he platform and it will then rise up to the deck height and I can park it in side .. fix it, so it does not move about and as Eddie suggested have extra cupboards / storage fixed in side.. plus the charging equipment.
They come in lots of lengths.. so they could carry all our needs and perhaps a quad bike .... it is high on the consideration list. A few legalities like the class of MOT test.. weight is not an issue.. size is.. so we have a lot of research to do.. but I do have one in mind... but as I say need to sell the Winnebago first.
Hope that explains a toy hauler... hence motor bikes or quads etc., allows all those toys to be carried and a normal RV to live in.
Bob
Sounds like a good viable option, the great thing about our hobby is it's flexibility. As we get older and less able, it doesn't have to stop us from getting out and about with some independence. Will be interesting to see what you decide.:thumb:

Feb 22, 2008
Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Nearly Tugging
Exp
Since 2004
you could be right! but if they aint improved the rv since 1900 i cant see them doing it now::bigsmile:
one the other hand the euro vans cannot be improved much further as they are near perfection::bigsmile:

You are kidding Chris you still can't swing a cat in em :ROFLMAO:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back