Hackers On Amazon MarketPlace (1 Viewer)

Triple7

Free Member
Sep 24, 2015
Devon
Funster No
MH
Hymer
Exp
A while ago I posted about fraudulent listings on eBay.

I never thought I would be posting about Amazon too.

I've had a couple of incidents in the past two weeks. I had an order cancelled a day after it was due to be delivered. The seller apologised but said that their account was hacked and had 3000 bogus items listed on their seller account. As far as I know I didnt lose any money or personal details.

Today I came across another scam on Amazon. Basically its the same one which has been chugging along on eBay for a good while now. Bogus sellers asking for personal details of one kind or another.

So if you were like me and thought Amazon was 100% safe, well it's not. I contacted Amazon and they were reluctant to admit a sellers account was hacked but they did later in the conversation apologise for the hack. They also thanked me for reporting todays incident but didn't seem to be interested in seeing the offending email!

I'm sure its still totally safe to use the normal Amazon shopping system, just be careful of any direct interaction with sellers and dont assume they are all 100% honest.

Deleted User
I wonder how safe is it to shop with Amazon. When you order items they keep a record of your credit or debit card unless you specifically go into your account details and remove them after ordering. If they get hacked then that's your credit card details available to the hackers.
Also, when you use a debit card they don't ask for your 3 digit security number.

Jun 10, 2011
Yorkshire (nr. Leeds)
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Since 2011 (so a bit of a newbie)
Yes! I had that cancelling of an order for no reason too. I was a little bit suspicious at the time as the message I got seemed kind of vague, and just rang alarm bells for no reason, but you know when you get that feeling.

Thanks for the heads up.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Jul 5, 2013
Tunbridge Wells, Tunbridge Wells, UK
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Since 2013
Been using Amazon for years buying and selling and never had any problems. Mind you I have Amazon Prime so I tend to buy from Amazon themselves or a trader that uses Amazon to deliver the order.

OP
OP
Triple7

Triple7

Free Member
Sep 24, 2015
Devon
Funster No
MH
Hymer
Exp
Been using Amazon for years buying and selling and never had any problems. Mind you I have Amazon Prime so I tend to buy from Amazon themselves or a trader that uses Amazon to deliver the order.

I'm sure you are perfectly safe with anything thats listed as "fulfilled by Amazon". But on further investigation Amazon MarketPlace looks to be full of fraudulent listings. This is an example of what to avoid.
DSC_0549 (1).jpg

Deleted User
Similar to the scams on ebay. The seller asks you to contact them directly via email in which case Amazon will not be responsible for fraud.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back