Habitation water pump

Discussion in 'Motorhome Chat' started by kaybee, Aug 12, 2013.

1. kaybee

kaybee Funster

Feel I ought to carry a spare pump just in case but have absolutely no idea how to source the right one. Ideas please for someone who really doesn't know

2. Jaws

Jaws Funster Life Member

look on your pump.. It will have the makers name and model number on it ( unless it is a submersible in which case any thing will go as an emergency unit ) :thumb:

3. Jaws

Jaws Funster Life Member

Just an after thought.. Unless you are going somewhere pretty weird ( Tibet ? :Wink: ) there is always somewhere within 30 miles or so you can just buy a replacement from a caravan / motorhome store .. Wellllllll.. lets say the odds are in your favour anyway :thumb:

• Like Like x 2
  4. Ed Excel

Ed Excel Funster

Don't be over concerned, as already suggested by Jaws.
    Our driveaway awning got trashed last winter in Spain, so we had a new one delivered, from a UK company, to site. All you need, anywhere, is access to the web.

5. Mr Colpot

Mr Colpot Funster

I have had two water pumps stop working on me. First was on a Hymer and we were on a campsite in Arundel. Managed to get to Premier Motorhomes and get replacement to fit same day. Second one was on the Laika when we were on a CL local to us. Tried local caravan dealers but no one had a 30psi pump on the shelf. Ended up getting one on internet delivered in a couple of days. I vowed to carry a spare one as the night without it was difficult.
    Needless to say I havent got a spare one yet but hopefully this one will last a while.

6. Snowbird

Snowbird Funster Life Member

I agree with Jaws, but if you do carry a spare I guarantee you will never need it :BigGrin:

7. rainbow chasers

rainbow chasers Read Only Funster

It is handy to carry a spare, most are submersible which are around £20. Carry spares pumps, bulbs and fuses (incl glass) some gaffa tape and UV Stable repair tape is a must. Takes up only a small box, have a few jubilee clips, screws and so on there as well - you will be covered for most occurences!

Also in your roadside kit, carry high viz vests (£1 each from pound stores) and a TARP! Everyone forgets the tarp......cheap plastic tarp will shelter your family from wind/rain/sun when waiting for recovery and also give you something to kneel on when the ground is wet and you want to change a tyre or similar!

• Like Like x 1