Dec 17, 2011
Reading
Funster No
MH
Swift Sundance 630g
Exp
Im a newbie
Hi Guy's

I have a Fiat Ducato Swift Sundance 630G which has a nice shiny new stereo as the stock model was pret naff. I would like to install a set of speakers within the living area, the cab speaker (2no) are ok but not as good as they could be.

The ISO connectors on the Fiat loom have space for another set, also the new stereo has 2no pre-amp channels if needed.

I would like to install a set of speakers, full range, preferably boxed as I don't really want to chop into the motorhome cupboards to mount the speakers. I have noticed a couple of options on the market, a nice pioneer set for around £70.

Have any of you guys installed addition habitation speakers. What have you installed? What do you suggest?

Cheers in advance :thumb:

sedge

Funster
Jul 7, 2009
Nr Jct 3 M6
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
Aug 09 to date 9,000 miles!
Dunno bout the Sundance - ours has em standard Brian.

scek

Free Member
Jan 12, 2011
Manchester
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Couple of years or so.
Yep, surround sound in our Brit' motorhome.

dna

Jan 17, 2010
Llandudno
Funster No
MH
AT Tribute 680 pvc
Exp
since 2009
We have the same quandary with our Adria Sport. When travelling, anyone sat in the back can hardly hear the radio from the front unless we turn it up to the point where the driver can't hear anything else at all. (not being able to hear the kids in the back can be an advantage but not being able to hear sirents etc. from outside is a big drawback)

I also don't want to cut cupboards so am wondering where I could mount speakers.

:helpsos:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

aba

Free Member
Oct 27, 2009
yorkshire
Funster No
MH
coachbuilt
Exp
dec 2009
ours has extra speakers in the front of the habitation area as standard fit although not as good as the ones in the cab.

without knowing the layout of your vans i could't give you a proper idea for a location for mounting surface mount type speakers other than to say if you have room near the sidewall towards the cab or under a cupboard.

bearing in mind you will probably leave the speakers in the van when you sell it why not cut a hole in the bottom of the cupboard to mount the speaker then box it off inside the cupboard.
failing that any good car radio installers ([HI]not halfords etc[/HI]) will fit them for you for a charge and will make them look like they have been installed by the manufacturer.

gail

Free Member
May 27, 2010
North wales
Funster No
MH
Hobby
Exp
Since 2010
not much help i know

cor where is everyones sense of commerardory if I didnt know where to put habitation speakers, I'd either not reply or suggest someone who might, not oh mine's german doesnt your british version come up to scratch. Wow what help is that. Oh well thats just me.

Gail

Jun 2, 2010
Flintshire
Funster No
MH
Low profile
Exp
since 2010
Well said Gail, you can always tell the German ones, they have towels over their speakers. :thumb:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back