LIFE MEMBER
Jul 2, 2008
Cannock, Staffs
Funster No
MH
A class Burstner 800
Exp
Since 2000
If it's a new van there may be compulsory times and people to use..
Example.. Autotrails, yearly to keep the 10 year water ingress guarantee and must be done by a NCC approved engineer.
Some German vans can only go to their UK agents.

If there is no gurantee in place or a used / older van then you can have one done for peace of mind or even do some checks yourself or none at all, your choice.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Lenny HB

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 18, 2007
On the coast in West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678 DL
Exp
Since 2008 & many years tugging
What's the point, they have a quick glance around the then laugh behind your back while the extract money from your wallet.
Picking up our third new van tomorrow never had one never had any problems with warranty work but do have the damp check done.:D
Although I do believe if you have a British built van they will try and stitch up saying you have to have one to keep the warranty valid.

OP
OP
Spots

Spots

Free Member
May 8, 2015
Reading
Funster No
MH
Compass Avantgard
Exp
I'm a newbie
Motorhome is Avantgarde, not new but in very good condition.
Webbs sent me a "reminder".
If I were to do a self check, what points/checks could I do? Thanks

Jan 13, 2014
Leeds - Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
40+
This subject was discussed a couple of days ago, however, forget the Habitation Check it's a waste of time and worthless.

Do have the Damp Check done which at least gives value in the event you do find Damp within the MH, you then have recall for correction by the Manufacturer

GWAYGWAY

Free Member
Sep 6, 2014
Dover
Funster No
MH
Hymer ML I 580
Exp
4 years
I think with Hymer only a dampcheck HAS to be done, I looked at the NIC sample form and thought that is a laugh, I would be very surprise if half of that got done other that the ticking exercise and the charging of the money. I will be doing it all when the makers warranty is expired if I have done the same, by then. Base vehicle service is Mercedes Benz and that is an oil and filter change first the the same with a gearbox fluid and filter change for a lot more money. The MB warranty is only two years so I will be doing that too after then.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back