LIFE MEMBER
Sep 23, 2008
Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Hymer
Exp
Since 2006
Hi, I wonder if any of you know what is actually done when servicing the Truma Combi 6e boiler.

Again many thanks in advance to the collective 'knowledge pool'.:Smile:

Richard

Geo

Trader - Funster
Jul 29, 2007
Mansfield,Notts
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Tracker FB
Exp
45 +years with breaks
Hi, I wonder if any of you know what is actually done when servicing the Truma Combi 6e boiler.

Again many thanks in advance to the collective 'knowledge pool'.:Smile:

Richard

I would suggest not much more than a clean out, flame check, pressure check, leak check, Flue check and a new igniter battery if it has one
Geo

Aug 27, 2009
Hertfordshire
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
40 years
I would suggest not much more than a clean out, flame check, pressure check, leak check, Flue check and a new igniter battery if it has one
Geo
And a large Cheque.....:Smile:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Funster No
MH
A Woosh bang
In addition to Geo's list ...

consider de-scaling ..

Latest instructions from Truma are, use white wine vinegar in the ratio of 2:10 with cold water, (2 litres of vinegar and 10 litres of water).

This makes up 12 litres, the capacity of both the C 4002 and C 6002 Truma's.

Introduce the mixture via the water tank using the main DC pump switch on the control panel to switch the pump on and off.

Let the solution soak for up to 4 hours, drain and flush through with fresh water.

icantremember

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 2, 2010
Near to Watton in Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Hymer T-SL668
Exp
since 2005
Service or habitation check

I agree with all the above posts regarding servcing the boiler but the OP mentioned "habitation gas check" and unless I am mistaken (quite possible but don't tell Joyce:winky:) the annual habitation check only covers gas pressure testing for leakages and safety matters.........the actual servicing being another matter all together.

Brian

Last edited:

Geo

Trader - Funster
Jul 29, 2007
Mansfield,Notts
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Tracker FB
Exp
45 +years with breaks
I agree with all the above posts regarding servcing the boiler but the OP mentioned "habitation gas check" and unless I am mistaken (quite possible but don't tell Joyce:winky:) the annual habitation check only covers gas pressure testing for leakages and safety matters.........the actual servicing being another matter all together.

Brian

The title "habitation gas check" didn't have a question mark, so i answered the only question asked:thumb:
But I agree with you Brian during a habitation check possibly only a leak test on the whole gas system would be carried out, along with a new battery, it does depend of course who's doing the checks, to what standard and for a price or down to a price:thumb:
There is an Industry standard on the Tinterweb somewere
Where's all out service engineers when you need em:Doh:
Geo
ScotJims post is veryrelative and informative but don't think that would ever happen during a service or inspection

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Last edited:

icantremember

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 2, 2010
Near to Watton in Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Hymer T-SL668
Exp
since 2005
The title "habitation gas check" didn't have a question mark, so i answered the only question asked:thumb:
But I agree with you Brian during a habitation check possibly only a leak test on the whole gas system would be carried out, along with a new battery, it does depend of course who's doing the checks, to what standard and for a price or down to a price:thumb:
There is an Industry standard on the Tinterweb somewere
[HI]
Where's all out service engineers when you need em:Doh:
Geo
[/HI]ScotJims post is veryrelative and informative but don't think that would ever happen during a service or inspection

Probably playing mud pies at Wrenbury:ROFLMAO:

OP
OP
Scotties

Scotties

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 23, 2008
Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Hymer
Exp
Since 2006
Thanks all. I guess I'm just a bit thick, what I expected was what Geo and the others said, but 'we don't fo that any more'.:whatthe:

When I need my door hinges etc greased I'll get some vaseline so it does not 'hurt so much'.:Eeek:

Cheers anyway guys,

Richard

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back