Habitation Door Lock Problems (1 Viewer)

Mar 12, 2012
Bridgend, South Wales
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Just started!
The lock on the habitation door of our Burstner 748 has never worked since purchase! As you can see in the picture below, the previous owner chose to fit a security device rather than shell out £200 + on the lock - I probably would have done the same!

I believe the door is by Seitz because that's what's on the lock

Inside

The problem I have is that when turning the key, it has no 'feel' at all, no spring feeling or anything. Has anyone got experience of these locks or know whether it's an easy fix?

Any tips/advice gratefully received ::bigsmile:

Last edited:

easygirl

Free Member
Nov 7, 2010
Bolton
Funster No
MH
Kontiki
Exp
3 years
Think. Would take it apart and see what has come loose, the chances are its a broken spring or something minor, what have you got to lose?
The door can be secured without the lock

JockandRita

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 2, 2007
Lincs/Cambs border
Funster No
MH
N+B Flair 8000i
Exp
Since May 05 (Ex Tuggers).
Think. Would take it apart and see what has come loose, the chances are its a broken spring or something minor, what have you got to lose?
The door can be secured without the lock
I would be too.

Our Hymer has the same brand of locks, and the only one that has played up was the one on the garage door. I took the mechanism apart to find that a connecting rod secured with a small metal clip, had come adrift. This too gave the feeling of no resistance when the key was turned either way.

HTH,

Jock.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
StitchUp
Mar 12, 2012
Bridgend, South Wales
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Just started!
Thanks. I'm not at all shy about taking it apart, I was just wondering if anyone had done it. It seems the whole of the inside door panel has to be removed to get to the lock - £200 + to replace it is a rip-off in my book and if I can't fix it, it'll remain as is ::bigsmile:

Cheers guys

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back