Habitation door hinges Autosleepers Ravenna 1998 (1 Viewer)

Oct 8, 2013
Surrey
Funster No
MH
Auto Sleepers Ravenna
Exp
newguy
Autosleepers Ravenna habitation door hinges

Help needed please
I have an Autosleepers Ravenna 1998 on a Peugeot Boxer , whilst braking , the door swung open ( clumsy ) and two of the hinges snapped. Obviously not shut properly by me.

I contacted a local repairer whom I used previously , he had a look and shook his head... hens teeth was his response. He said he would have a look around but told me today “ no way “.

The door ( from outside ) opens right to left , the two lower hinges are broken.
Does anyone know of an aftermarket fitment , or a supplier that I can approach .

I presume I need left handed hinges , does anyone know what I should call them if I email someone.

Sorry for being clueless.

Many thanks in advance.

Steve

Brisey

Deceased RIP
Sep 4, 2007
Sutton on Sea
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 2003
A call to AutoSleepers themselves may help, perhaps they are holding a few spares.
A post on the AutoSleepers Owners Club forum may also be a source of information
or advice.
Brisey.

Emmit

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 14, 2009
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Pilote Explorateur
Exp
Jan.2014
I'm praying for you.

I was on the 'phone last week to the Hobby concessionaires at Ambergate about a totally unrelated matter however, in the course of our conversation I mentioned a previous conversation re the obtaining of hinges for our 2006 Hobby. " I doubt if you would be lucky " came the response.

I wish you well in your search.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
S
Oct 8, 2013
Surrey
Funster No
MH
Auto Sleepers Ravenna
Exp
newguy
Thanks for the courtesy of replying guys , am going to contact AS directly and see if they can help , it's only a hinge something must fit.

Once again thanks

Steve

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
Try Oleary motorhomes, they have loads of 'new' old stock for lots of MHs so they might be able to help you - their website only has a minute fraction of what they hold:

http://www.olearymotorhomes.co.uk

Eeyore

Free Member
Oct 28, 2010
Funster No
It might be worth trying here Steve:

http://www.caravanbreakers.net/

We have used them and found them to be very helpful and efficient on the phone and quick to post. They stock new and recovered parts for both caravans and motorhomes and have a huge stock- and know what they have.

OP
OP
S
Oct 8, 2013
Surrey
Funster No
MH
Auto Sleepers Ravenna
Exp
newguy
Once again thanks for the good advice to all.
I phoned Autosleepers only to be told " no idea , we buy em in and fit them " try O'Leary Motorhomes. I called O'Leary and courteous gent said take photo and send to me. I went up to where we gardenniage it and decided i could remove a complete hinge quite easily , so duly did. Got home and matched it online to an Ellbee 5 part 7 inch left hand hung door hinge. On thursday morning i ordered from O'leary and , lo and behold they turned up less than 24 hours later , they are a perfect match so will be fitting next week

Thanks to all , and thanks to O'Leary and AS , i will not hesitate to use O'Leary in future.

Regards , Steve

OP
OP
S
Oct 8, 2013
Surrey
Funster No
MH
Auto Sleepers Ravenna
Exp
newguy
Good morning folks , i fitted the ellbee 5 part ally hinges but now find that i cannot close the habitation door. There does not appear to be any adjustment to allow the door to clear the lock side of the door frame , it appears to be slightly proud. The door almost closes but butts up against the lock jamb and will not close at all. I am worried about damaging the hinges as they now appear to be rocking horse poo , does anyone kindly have advice as to adjustment ? MOT due soon and need to get it sorted.

Many thanks in advance.

Steve

Last edited:
Aug 6, 2013
Kendal, Cumbria
Funster No
MH
Le-Voyageur RX958 Pl
Exp
since 1999
Good morning folks , i fitted the ellbee 5 part ally hinges but now find that i cannot close the habitation door. There does not appear to be any adjustment to allow the door to clear the lock side of the door frame , it appears to be slightly proud. The door almost closes but butts up against the lock jamb and will not close at all. I am worried about damaging the hinges as they now appear to be rocking horse poo , does anyone kindly have advice as to adjustment ? MOT due soon and need to get it sorted.

Many thanks in advance.

Steve
Are you certain that when the door swung open & broke the original hinge it didn't also 'pull' the frame (door or/and vehicle)? Adjustment is neither available nor needed under normal circumstances. Remove the new hinge & check the mounting area - it might need tapping back into shape. If it does find a piece of steel that covers the hinge mounting area then use a hammer to tap it back into shape.

OP
OP
S
Oct 8, 2013
Surrey
Funster No
MH
Auto Sleepers Ravenna
Exp
newguy
Tony , thank you very much for your excellent suggestion , deforming the hinge jamb had never occurred to me. I shall drive over to the van tomorrow and see if i can work your inspired advice.

Many thanks Sir.

Steve

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back