Aug 31, 2015
Huddersfield
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt, AS Winchcombe
Exp
since 2013
Hi,
I collect my new (to us) MH on 17th having bought it at the recent Newark show. The dealer is going to have all the checks and services done etc before we collect it.

Should i be also arranging an independent inspection? or is the dealers one going to be good enough when backed with a warranty? The dealer is Fuller's of Nottingham and i have heard nothing but good about them. It is our first venture into coachbuilts so the only thing i know about them is what i read on forums like these.

Will the dealer show me how everything works - toilet cassette, heating systems etc or do i just have to wing it with it being a secondhand motor. Cant wait to get it but just dont want anything to go wrong so writing a list of questions to take with me when i collect.

Thanks in advance

funflair

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 11, 2013
Guisborough
Funster No
MH
MORELO palace
Exp
since 2012
Yes they should show you how everything work.

For the answer to the first part of the question it might depend on age and also your own impressions of the motorhome and the dealer, can't have been that bad as you have obviously put down a deposit at least.

Upvote 0

Big bus man

Free Member
Sep 20, 2015
Crawley
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since March 2015
Dealers have fast turnarounds so I never believe they have time to do full inspections instead rely on the guarantee to put right any faults you may find within that time, I know this from experience and it becomes a major issue if the dealer is not just down the road. If I was you stay at a local site for a weekend and test everything, all the better if it is raining if not put a hosepipe over it then you may only require one visit to the dealer. On another note, don't pay dealer service charges instead look for an independant agent, they can often come to you.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Reactions: f6c
Upvote 0

OG1

Dec 9, 2013
Sutton on Sea camping
Funster No
MH
RAPIDO 7066F
Exp
Since 2008
If you are purchasing a second hand MH does the dealer have to do a damp test and gas test. How long before you change the gas pipes.

Upvote 0

Mickrik

Free Member
Jul 3, 2016
Cannock, Staffordshire
Funster No
MH
Auto-Trail Apache 634
Exp
I'm a newbie
Hi There,

They should go through everything with you .....................BUT!!!

In the excitement it can be a lot to take in during hand over, so make sure the dealer gives you the service manual for the RV and keep it to hand on your first trip. I went through hand last Monday aftrnoon and by the time I got to the campsite 3 hours later, I had forgotten a lot of it. The handbook makes good bedtime reading.

The habitiation check should be done but I have noticed a problem with the habitation door lock on my own RV, so it is going back in on Tuesday and this will be done under warranty.

Mick

Upvote 0

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back