Habitation Check...wll it or not pass? (1 Viewer)

champers

Funster
LIFE MEMBER
Mar 9, 2009
Skegness, UK
Funster No
MH
Frankia i650 FD
Exp
Since March 09
We just had a very thorough Habitation check done by Ash who was in our area today (he is one of the Forum Sponsor's)

We never realized so much was checked as this is our first time to have it done, it was worthwhile being done as we were not aware of a few minor things, like hidden battery in the fire not working etc the water filling inlet has a minor prob but could lead to more serious problem had it not been found but overall we were given the green light ::bigsmile:::bigsmile:::bigsmile:

As we just recently bought this m/h privately we were concerned secretly if all was ok

We also had spot lights problem, sometimes the spots worked then sometimes not and eventually not at all.

We had already searched for this hidden fuse in n out up n down but could not find it, but after Ash testing for breaks in the wires etc, he found it and it was very welll hidden indeed :thumb:

So a big thank you to Ash and to Lynn for their great work
we can recommend them

and another reason for being a paid up funster .....we had our Funster's Discount :thumb::thumb::thumb: so that is more off the £12 subs fees (we are definitely in credit so thank you to Jim too )

Kath n John

lesleyjean

Free Member
Jun 21, 2008
Funster No
MH
A class
Our motorhome is due a habitation check. Is there anyone in the North Devon area that is qualified to do one and qualified to stamp the habitation service book. Thanks.

BTW we are likely to be at the Shepton Mallet meet, if anyone can do it there.:thumb:

Lesley.

Wildman

Free Member
May 30, 2008
Ilfracombe, Devon
Funster No
MH
Amazon Ambassador
Exp
since 1967
Mullacott caravans? maybe, they certainly have the certificates for gas safe.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

lesleyjean

Free Member
Jun 21, 2008
Funster No
MH
A class
Thanks Roger, I took it there the year before last year and they definitely did not service my gas fire. Shortly after I took the vehicle to Nick the Adventurer at Bridgewater and he looked inside the fire and it was so full of dust. He told me the fire should have been cleaned out during the service. It had not been cleaned out by Mullacott.
I no longer have trust in Mullacott to service it. I have pm'd Nick (Adventure) and have been waiting for about 6 months for him to come back to me with a date. I think he has moved premises and now works for Highbridge Caravans.

Lesley

PenelopePitstop

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 3, 2007
Royston Vasey and beyond!
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
since 1999
We just had a very thorough Habitation check done by Ash who was in our area today (he is one of the Forum Sponsor's)

We never realized so much was checked as this is our first time to have it done, it was worthwhile being done as we were not aware of a few minor things, like hidden battery in the fire not working etc the water filling inlet has a minor prob but could lead to more serious problem had it not been found but overall we were given the green light ::bigsmile:::bigsmile:::bigsmile:

As we just recently bought this m/h privately we were concerned secretly if all was ok

We also had spot lights problem, sometimes the spots worked then sometimes not and eventually not at all.

We had already searched for this hidden fuse in n out up n down but could not find it, but after Ash testing for breaks in the wires etc, he found it and it was very welll hidden indeed :thumb:

So a big thank you to Ash and to Lynn for their great work
we can recommend them

and another reason for being a paid up funster .....we had our Funster's Discount :thumb::thumb::thumb: so that is more off the £12 subs fees (we are definitely in credit so thank you to Jim too )

Kath n John

I'll second that Kath! Ash did our hab check at Knutsford Show - great service!:thumb:

Glad yours went well - it's so important to check everything is working as it should be!

OP
OP
champers

champers

Funster
LIFE MEMBER
Mar 9, 2009
Skegness, UK
Funster No
MH
Frankia i650 FD
Exp
Since March 09
yes Marie it is a relief to know that all is well with a few minor exceptions... the worse being the water intake outlet on the side of the van when it was tested showing there was a leak of some sorts

But ..... the weather here today has been awful.... wet , windy and thunder grrrr

But do you recall the spot lights going on and then off when we were having supper, well Ash has solve that prob.... very hidden fuse indeed

Well done Ash xx

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

PenelopePitstop

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 3, 2007
Royston Vasey and beyond!
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
since 1999
yes Marie it is a relief to know that all is well with a few minor exceptions... the worse being the water intake outlet on the side of the van when it was tested showing there was a leak of some sorts

But ..... the weather here today has been awful.... wet , windy and thunder grrrr

But do you recall the spot lights going on and then off when we were having supper, well Ash has solve that prob.... very hidden fuse indeed

Well done Ash xx

I'm glad he's sorted the spot light problem out - that was such a weird one!

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back