habitation check and service

Discussion in 'Motorhome Chat' started by sundancekid, Mar 15, 2010.

1. sundancekid

sundancekid Read Only Funster

I am looking at buying a two year old swift 630l that has not had a habitation check and only one service (low mileage). Any comments please (especially on how this might affect the warranty.:wub:

2. madbluemad

madbluemad

You would have to look at the warrranty and see what the conditions of it are, however, its likley to be void.

As far as the habitation check is concerned, it wouldnt bother me.

As for the engine service you would need to look at the manufactures reccomended service schedule and compare it with what has been done. Then make your own mind up.

Jim
    :Smile:

3. Terry

Terry Funster

Hi you could always PM Swiftgroup on here or phone them to ask about what records etc, they have
    terry

4. SC 05 OUT

SC 05 OUT Funster

If its only two years old and being sold now surly it would have had one service with the second being due now? (and priced accordingly) or have I missed something

the hab service MAY be able to be corrected by contacting the manufactor and having an inspection done now and warranty enabled as per prevouse post

The situation would not put me off purchase just make the deal a lttle harder to put togeather, I suppose it depend on how much you fancy the van, theres pleanty out there (or is there)

5. Johns_Cross_Motorhomes

Johns_Cross_Motorhomes Trader - Motorhome & Accessory Sales

If you are buying from a dealer, he should do a habitation service prior to delivery and it should just about scrape in to keep the warranty valid, it is the water ingress warranty thats imortant just in case.

Peter

6. spongy

spongy Read Only Funster

I would get a water ingress test done. I had a 630L and it had quite a lot of damp in the back, a lesser amount in the luton. Remedial work was carried out under warranty but it was only 2 years old.
    Spongy