habitation check and service (1 Viewer)

sundancekid

Free Member
Mar 15, 2010
shropshire
Funster No
Exp
Just
I am looking at buying a two year old swift 630l that has not had a habitation check and only one service (low mileage). Any comments please (especially on how this might affect the warranty.:wub:

madbluemad

Banned
Jan 26, 2008
spain
Funster No
MH
just looking
Exp
since 1980
You would have to look at the warrranty and see what the conditions of it are, however, its likley to be void.

As far as the habitation check is concerned, it wouldnt bother me.

As for the engine service you would need to look at the manufactures reccomended service schedule and compare it with what has been done. Then make your own mind up.

Jim
:Smile:

Terry

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 27, 2007
Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Can't remember ;)
Hi you could always PM Swiftgroup on here or phone them to ask about what records etc, they have
terry

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Scout

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 4, 2009
South Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
chic c line
Exp
12 years motorhoming, a lifetime of living
If its only two years old and being sold now surly it would have had one service with the second being due now? (and priced accordingly) or have I missed something

the hab service MAY be able to be corrected by contacting the manufactor and having an inspection done now and warranty enabled as per prevouse post

The situation would not put me off purchase just make the deal a lttle harder to put togeather, I suppose it depend on how much you fancy the van, theres pleanty out there (or is there)

Peter JohnsCross MH

Funster
Deceased RIP
Jan 5, 2008
East Sussex
Funster No
MH
Autotrail
Exp
If you are buying from a dealer, he should do a habitation service prior to delivery and it should just about scrape in to keep the warranty valid, it is the water ingress warranty thats imortant just in case.

Peter

Deleted User
I would get a water ingress test done. I had a 630L and it had quite a lot of damp in the back, a lesser amount in the luton. Remedial work was carried out under warranty but it was only 2 years old.
Spongy

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back