Habitation cert

Discussion in 'Motorhome Chat' started by flashkim, Jun 11, 2013.

1. flashkim

flashkim Read Only Funster

:cry:Well I have put up my motor home on expensive auto trader......nothing happening on Preloved...had a couple of calls, folks asking for a habitation certificate...Prices vary loads, but there seems to be a standard certificate. This was straight forward until I asked if this was what I needed for renting the van out (what I may do if does not sell) then it was a different matter gas check becomes only by a certified fitter ,I asked why they said they could do a habitation cert ,but then when I mentioned renting out ,they said not qualified to test ?? And could not do the test. Makes me wonder how safe the basic test is concerning the gas then ? Anyway guys coming around next week to do at home for £110 ,Now I know what it covers,got to get it done, to give piece of mind to future owners. I never knew what one was when I bought last year
    For your perusal the standard check list :thumb:
    http://www.caravanservicing-uk.co.uk/AWS_Motorhome_Annual_Service_Checksheet_140809.pdf

2. Johns_Cross_Motorhomes

Johns_Cross_Motorhomes Trader - Motorhome & Accessory Sales

The standard habitation check providing it is carried out by aproved technicians is quite safe, it is just for rental it has to be checked by a certified gas tester.

We have to have an outside tech come in and certify all our hire vans

Peter

3. Daveo2006

Daveo2006 Read Only Funster

Surely a gas safe plumber could do a drop test and certify?At the end of the day they only check for leaks and soundness.

4. dave newell lvs

dave newell lvs Trader-Vehicle Services

Only if he/she has the certs for LPG and mobile home/motorhome/caravan installations. Gas Safe qualification is a right royal pain in the wotsit.

D.

5. mitzimad

mitzimad Funster

i wasnt aware there was a catorgory for motorhomes ,statics and lpg yes but not for motorhomes ?

6. flashkim

flashkim Read Only Funster

habitation check

Well habitation and service check done , what a through check this is ,wish I had had one done prior to buying my van ,will never buy one again without the certificate and report. Everything works ,yippee
    Still showed some damp where the water heater flue had been seeping for a long time. The repair was done and no more leak ,but the damp is still in the wood base to the heater. It is drying out but will take a good summer to complete ,or the tester suggested a dehumidifier to quicken the dry out.
    For an excellent mobile service and attention to detail I thoroughly recommend ACAIN mobile Caravan services Andy did a very comprehensive test and fixed a tap at a brilliant rate . I like that all prices are on their website http://www.acainmobilecaravanservices.com/
    and I will have him back when I buy my next van Kim :thumb: