Free Member
Oct 28, 2012
Bucks
Funster No
MH
Relay L2H2
Exp
Few years now
:cry:Well I have put up my motor home on expensive auto trader......nothing happening on Preloved...had a couple of calls, folks asking for a habitation certificate...Prices vary loads, but there seems to be a standard certificate. This was straight forward until I asked if this was what I needed for renting the van out (what I may do if does not sell) then it was a different matter gas check becomes only by a certified fitter ,I asked why they said they could do a habitation cert ,but then when I mentioned renting out ,they said not qualified to test ?? And could not do the test. Makes me wonder how safe the basic test is concerning the gas then ? Anyway guys coming around next week to do at home for £110 ,Now I know what it covers,got to get it done, to give piece of mind to future owners. I never knew what one was when I bought last year
For your perusal the standard check list :thumb:
Link Removed

Peter JohnsCross MH

Funster
Deceased RIP
Jan 5, 2008
East Sussex
Funster No
MH
Autotrail
Exp
The standard habitation check providing it is carried out by aproved technicians is quite safe, it is just for rental it has to be checked by a certified gas tester.

We have to have an outside tech come in and certify all our hire vans

Peter

Daveo2006

Free Member
Jan 25, 2013
kent
Funster No
MH
Apache 700
Exp
3 years
Surely a gas safe plumber could do a drop test and certify?At the end of the day they only check for leaks and soundness.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

dave newell

Free Member
Oct 31, 2008
Telford, Shropshire
Funster No
MH
Home converted PVC
Exp
26yrs
Surely a gas safe plumber could do a drop test and certify?At the end of the day they only check for leaks and soundness.

Only if he/she has the certs for LPG and mobile home/motorhome/caravan installations. Gas Safe qualification is a right royal pain in the wotsit.

D.

OP
OP
flashkim

flashkim

Free Member
Oct 28, 2012
Bucks
Funster No
MH
Relay L2H2
Exp
Few years now
habitation check

Well habitation and service check done , what a through check this is ,wish I had had one done prior to buying my van ,will never buy one again without the certificate and report. Everything works ,yippee
Still showed some damp where the water heater flue had been seeping for a long time. The repair was done and no more leak ,but the damp is still in the wood base to the heater. It is drying out but will take a good summer to complete ,or the tester suggested a dehumidifier to quicken the dry out.
For an excellent mobile service and attention to detail I thoroughly recommend ACAIN mobile Caravan services Andy did a very comprehensive test and fixed a tap at a brilliant rate . I like that all prices are on their website http://www.acainmobilecaravanservices.com/
and I will have him back when I buy my next van Kim :thumb:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back