Free Member
Feb 26, 2017
UK
Funster No
MH
Hi-top chassis conversion
Exp
Hi group,
Tech question for anyone in the know please. I am fitting a Dometic Freshjet 2200 habitation a/c to my Autotrail Cheyenne 696g Hi-line for a long extended stay in the Algarve this summer. It will be installed with a Dometic DC-Kit-2 kit to allow it to run when driving as well (basically an inverter kit) and for wild motor homing from 2 x 110ah leisure batteries for short periods. I will purchase a generator (quiet as poss.) and an obvious choice would be a Honda eu26i but they are ferociously expensive. Even though the a/c running current is 4.1amps a dealer has said that even with soft start technology built-in the initial start-up current is 18 amps (although this is probably for milliseconds). Will this fry the Honda generator electronics or kick-in the overload? I have seen cheaper 3000w generators (obviously Chinese) for around £500 - £600 but am wary of Cheap alternatives. It is not an option not to have a/c as my missus and my dogs will suffer in the heat. I can stay on an unshaded site with 8 amp power supply for the whole period (approx. 9 weeks) if pushed but would rather be by beach under pines with all its benefits if poss. Is anyone out there running a similar set-up in similar temps? Shade temps during peak season are around 33C but obviously inside an MH can get hotter (would take seasoned veterans advice on this. Sorry for the long post but any input and advice gratefully received. My problem is I can't test this in the UK first to return any non-suitable item so will have to buy the bits, fit them and if something is not right I am buggered for getting things back to UK mid-season.

SuperMike

Free Member
Apr 28, 2010
St Albans
Funster No
MH
Winnebago Sightseer
Exp
11yrs, but many years a tugger.
A 3kv generator will be a hefty beast. Bang goes a big lump of your payload. Super helpful aren't I. :)

Last edited:

JeanLuc

Free Member
Nov 17, 2008
Warwickshire
Funster No
MH
Hymer B630 Star-Line
Exp
Since 2007
Eu26i has been superseded by the Eu30i. As said above, it's a heavy beast, that's why it has wheels.
35.2 kilos dry, so by the time you have added oil and petrol, it will weigh over 80 lbs. I guess it's manageable provided you have ramps so you can wheel it up into the garage.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back