hab service costs

Discussion in 'Motorhome Chat' started by SC 05 OUT, May 9, 2010.

1. SC 05 OUT

SC 05 OUT Funster

I was suprized on the cost of a hab service, £180 plus vat plus parts if needed, is this about right (main dealer)

2. Munchie

Munchie Funster Life Member

Try Mark from C.L.S. member on here with a good reputation. :BigGrin:

3. Johns_Cross_Motorhomes

Johns_Cross_Motorhomes Trader - Motorhome & Accessory Sales

Ditto Marks good and considerably cheaper.

Peter

4. SC 05 OUT

SC 05 OUT Funster

just looked at his site seems a good price, but hes 84 miles from me:cry:at doncaster

thanks anyway

5. Munchie

Munchie Funster Life Member

Ring him he is mobile and he may be in your area soon. :Smile:

6. SC 05 OUT

SC 05 OUT Funster

I'll do that nowt to loose

The £180 +vat quoter was to go back to autotrail and have it done there, I just wonderd what the going rate was, I wasnt impressed by the place that did it last year so its not going there this year.

7. vindiboy

vindiboy Funster

I had a Hab, check done by Brownhills once, biggest rip of ever, I have not had one done since,I watched them do it at Stratford Show I do my own damp checks and when something breaks I fix it or get it fixed, works for me.:thumb::thumb:Makes the van hard to sell, without bits of paper I hear you say ,well I have no intention of selling in the near future and I will worry about that when the time comes, as for warranty, well my van is now past that,so no worries.:thumb::thumb:

8. Johns_Cross_Motorhomes

Johns_Cross_Motorhomes Trader - Motorhome & Accessory Sales

For comparison my Main Dealer rates are:
    (Mark (CLS) charges less than us)

SERVICE CHARGES
    Motorhome Habitation service £135.00 + vat
    Mechanical service £145.00 + vat
    Single axle caravans £160.00 + vat
    Double axle caravans £180.00 + vat
    Please note that service prices do not include parts.

Labour charges
    Motorcaravan and caravan hourly rate £42.00 + vat
    Mechanical hourly rate £48.00 + vat

9. SC 05 OUT

SC 05 OUT Funster

I was like that with my old caravan, not a lot of value in it so I did it myself, but now with the m/h I like to have the bits of paper, just in case I need to sell it, as you say it makes it harder, I just want value for money, last year I felt there wasnt a good job done and I was let down with timings, it seems a dealer (static) is around £135+ symh & caravans are fairly close to me if cls cant do it for me, I might go there.

10. Big Momma

Big Momma Read Only Funster

Just picked up my new Autotrail and looked at First Service and Habitation Costs - Service £229.00 (VAT incl) Hab Service £199 (VAT Incl)

11. dshague

dshague Funster

syc do a winter special £115
    just had our swift in to lowdams huddersfield .they ask for you permission to spend up to £40 to save phoning you if a bulb is not working .said to phone me first.
    when i went to pick up i got a bill for £12 .50 .for putting a gas warning sticker on locker
    the sticker had come of over the past year i had forgot it was not there .1/4 hour labour plus sticker charged .its not going back next year hoping mobile man can do it.

QUOTE=sebthegecko;284452]I was like that with my old caravan, not a lot of value in it so I did it myself, but now with the m/h I like to have the bits of paper, just in case I need to sell it, as you say it makes it harder, I just want value for money, last year I felt there wasnt a good job done and I was let down with timings, it seems a dealer (static) is around £135+ symh & caravans are fairly close to me if cls cant do it for me, I might go there.[/QUOTE]

12. strathspey

strathspey Read Only Funster

Habitation service

13. Wintonian

Wintonian Read Only Funster

Can someone please tell me EXACTLY what is involved in one of these Habitation Checks? Judging by the skill levels that I have encountered in most of the garage trades, I cannot think that it can be a very complex thing to do.:Smile:

The most important thing that I recently had performed on my 1992 Hymer was an inspection by Bureau Veritas in France as part of the procedure to import a British registered vehicle. They tested everywhere for gas leaks and had a quick look at the electrical system. They also checked the battery type and stowage, together with ventilation provision. That was it. I checked water and waste systems myself and had a good look at the roof and possible leak points.

14. ips

ips Read Only Funster

Prob no good to you unless you can tie it in with a weekend away somewere but another funster reccomended to me "C and S near burnley (they are NCC approved) they quoted me £100 for hab and internal service so I am booking mine in there next few weeks.

15. pendy

pendy Read Only Funster

Had hab and sevice done at B/hills, lots of money, so next year had Hab check done by Mark at CLS, Mark found Damp I contacted B/Hills and told them what had been found they insisted on having a look themselves so I drove it to Newark, they took a look and said they could find nothing, out came the Hab sheet from Mark, B/hills ended up doing £2,500 of work on the van, all sorted.
    Mark comes highly recommended from us!!