Hab door jam cable gland (rubber tube to pass cables through) (1 Viewer)

Ridgeway

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 10, 2012
Lausanne
Funster No
MH
NiBi Arto 85E
Exp
Since 2012
The rubber door jam cable gland has perished on our Laika, this is the flexi rubber tube that allows you to safely pass cables from door to body.

I can order one from the local dealers here but it will take months and cost more than a 2nd home..... and also as it's an unknown part (custom door and bodywork) I trying to find an alternative before the central locking cables get caught in the door and then create another job for the list.

Anyone know where I can get an alternative that I can adjust to fit ? will get a pic but it's basically same handed at both ends, needs to be 20cm or longer and has an OD of 25mm. My only thought's are a breakers yard so far ?

Geo

Trader - Funster
Jul 29, 2007
Mansfield,Notts
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Tracker FB
Exp
45 +years with breaks
Your local vehicle dismantler will have hundreds of different sizes and aperture shapes in vehicle tailgates to choose from, its a question of an hr or so searching
All you will need tool wise is a pair if good side cutters to chop the tailgate loom and slide off
Id go for Tailgates as opposed to the door variety as they are generally longer
G

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
Ridgeway

Ridgeway

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 10, 2012
Lausanne
Funster No
MH
NiBi Arto 85E
Exp
Since 2012
OP
OP
Ridgeway

Ridgeway

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 10, 2012
Lausanne
Funster No
MH
NiBi Arto 85E
Exp
Since 2012
Your local vehicle dismantler will have hundreds of different sizes and aperture shapes in vehicle tailgates to choose from, its a question of an hr or so searching
All you will need tool wise is a pair if good side cutters to chop the tailgate loom and slide off
Id go for Tailgates as opposed to the door variety as they are generally longer
G

Breakers yard it is then, just need to find one in CH as it seems many old cars are exported to other countries for scrapping, must be some around though.

Good tip about the tailgate, that makes sense and I hadn't thought of that.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back